Enough with the fighting Rebels SC

Yes this fight i posted was among 2 of the biggest clubs in California and nothing was said!!

But let a incident happen with a south San Diego club who with a lot of hard work from the club doc’s and teams was able to obtain ecnl status and certain people want their heads chopped off..
Well, I bet someone around the corner knows that DPL is not up to par and would like to smash your dumb club to pieces. I have nothing but praise for what I saw except the HS Turf field but we have bad ones in OC too :) Good luck done there and tell the Docs to stay strong and don't sell out...…..

And yet you made a thread about the Rebels
It’s very unfortunate with happened last week
I’ve talked to a few parents from that Rebels 04 team that the incident happened with.
There’s always 2 sides to a story and you’re put a lot of sauce on your story
Excuse me but I did not start this thread and until you just mentioned it I did not know it was the 04 team. I was just sharing my personal experiences with the 03 and 04 teams.

Now that I looked at the roster and see that they have new players from Matrix I can share a video where they started an argument at a field that looked like it could have come to blows and when they saw me taping it a guy in a coaches outfit hit my phone out of my hand.

Nastiest teams I have seen on the girls side were Rebels and (any team from) Bakersfield. Same age group(s) as mentioned above. And it wasn't one of the Rebels first teams (they seemed fine).

Tough lost for us but you guys have some really good ballers on your team
It was a pretty good back and forth game. Your girls never gave up and came back to make it a close game. We've been on the other side of those close games as our 1st 2 ECNL games were 0-1 and 1-2 losses (to Arsenal on a PK and then Las Vegas Heat on a tight game). Good luck the rest of the season and see you in game 2 in the back half of the season.

I’ve been with the Rebels for the last 4 years and never ever had any type incident with parents getting out hand like this tho..
I’ll take a red card or yellow from a ref any day..
Vs this..
The good ole boys from surf and slammers and I see nooooo topics about this type of behavior..
Was this the 1st weekend during pool play????

And yet you made a thread about the Rebels
It’s very unfortunate with happened last week
I’ve talked to a few parents from that Rebels 04 team that the incident happened with.
There’s always 2 sides to a story and you’re put a lot of sauce on your story
So was it the ECNL or ECRL team? Confused. Hope everyone is okay

It was a pretty good back and forth game. Your girls never gave up and came back to make it a close game. We've been on the other side of those close games as our 1st 2 ECNL games were 0-1 and 1-2 losses (to Arsenal on a PK and then Las Vegas Heat on a tight game). Good luck the rest of the season and see you in game 2 in the back half of the season.
Definitely a good game.. good luck to your kids team for the rest the season as well

The person who made this thread is talking about a incident that happened with a ECRL game that happened last weekend.
Would you care to elaborate? He said girls went to the ER. Was that due to a fight or incidents on the field and if incidents on the field just exuberant play that got out of hand or intentionally trying to hurt another player.

The picture painted by the OP is pretty bad for the Rebels girls, if you have the other side of the story it would be nice to know all the facts.

Would you care to elaborate? He said girls went to the ER. Was that due to a fight or incidents on the field and if incidents on the field just exuberant play that got out of hand or intentionally trying to hurt another player.

The picture painted by the OP is pretty bad for the Rebels girls, if you have the other side of the story it would be nice to know all the facts.
Facts are important :)

Heard the girl who went to the ER had a broken nose due to the being thrown to ground and was cleated in the face by one of the girls on Rebels who was Red Carded.

Heard the girl who went to the ER had a broken nose due to the being thrown to ground and was cleated in the face by one of the girls on Rebels who was Red Carded.
Hearing something doesn't always make it true. First, having a name "Rebels" for a team might not be good in this current environment in SD so I would speak to the Doc and marketing guy and change the name asap FWIW. However, I've watched so many girls soccer games the last 9 years and I can honestly say I've never seen or heard for that matter, a girl player throwing another girl player to the ground and then put a cleat to the face to make sure her nose is broken and to learn a lesson. Sounds fishy...."Those Rebels Teams from East SD play dirty, red cards and throw girls to the ground and finish them off with a kick to the face....." I'm not buying it like I did the TCs two years ago :)

Hearing something doesn't always make it true. First, having a name "Rebels" for a team might not be good in this current environment in SD so I would speak to the Doc and marketing guy and change the name asap FWIW. However, I've watched so many girls soccer games the last 9 years and I can honestly say I've never seen or heard for that matter, a girl player throwing another girl player to the ground and then put a cleat to the face to make sure her nose is broken and to learn a lesson. Sounds fishy...."Those Rebels Teams from East SD play dirty, red cards and throw girls to the ground and finish them off with a kick to the face....." I'm not buying it like I did the TCs two years ago :)
"Time to change the name of Team"IMG_3329.JPG

Do rebels rebel?
Do slammers slam?
Do strikers strike?
Does Surf surf?
Do Pateadores pat?
Do Blues blew?
Do Legends.... well that's a different story. They seem to have a bit of a rep for being a bit physical also.

Bring back the Purple Unicorns and Pink Ponies!!!

So that no one gets all butthurt because they think I made up the number of Yellow and Red card totals for their club, it is easily found on the Presidio/SDDA website. Just select (click on) either the Yellow or Red card number for a club and it will bring up a list of who got the cards.
https://2019leaguepages1.affinityso...mentguid=C58B3C03-D226-4B14-B65B-EF04A4B7488F
Thanks Surfref. I went to the sight and thought it would be interesting to see which club had the most yellow cards and red cards per game. So I ran the numbers and decided a better way to look at it was which club had the highest number of yellow cards per game and a high total number of red cards. Here is a screenshot of the top 25. Note that Rebels is not in the top 25. Atlante with 0.416 yellow cards per game and 8 total red cards and San Diego Real Madrid Elite with 0.342 YC/game and 10 total red cards look to be the worst offenders to me. Both clubs have over 200 games each. Nomads being in the top spot was kind of a surprise, partly because I am surprised they are still around.

AF1QipPMZiPQYvTdsbcI8_cOufSkypWPC7H-ywyJGxuu

Edit, I can't seem to get the insert image thing to work. The forum software is not very good at this.

Do rebels rebel?
Do slammers slam?
Do strikers strike?
Does Surf surf?
Do Pateadores pat?
Do Blues blew?
Do Legends.... well that's a different story. They seem to have a bit of a rep for being a bit physical also.

Bring back the Purple Unicorns and Pink Ponies!!!
Do Legends become Legends....? I tried Mr Buck, but very physical teams let me tell you. Better bring it against any of their 500 teams.
I wouldn't blame one Rebel team or player for all of ECNL teams behavior either but this has to stop now or else!!!!!
Soccer is physical but not hockey fights between players. Having parents going WWE on the ground in front of their DDs and in front of the goal of all places is insane. For goodness sakes parents, get a hold of yourselves for the sake of the kiddos. Is all this taking place is San Diego too? OC Parents, whatever league or team you represent, please keep it real on the sidelines. I'm only working on not yelling at the refs this year. I'm trying hard and my wife see's major improvements :) I never tell my kid what to do or yell at other players to run faster. Just sitting in a chair watching and cheering on our team to WIN!!!!!

Back