Elite Soccer league vs Slammers vs LAGOC/Liverpool (South OC)

Residency requirements became an issue for a reason. Once locals start dropping, you have to pick up kids from areas that haven’t experienced what was going on. The city, after talking to one official, had really heard too many calls about who was in charge. I talk to a couple coaches at OCGP, good guys, but as you mentioned l, not very competitive
It is not a city, so the official you were talking to was probably not too official. South Slammers still gets their proportional share of field space in Ladera Ranch, based upon a strict residency formula. Former director of South Slammers was pretty shady, but that is not the reason the older teams are practicing at Great Park. We can definitely agree that their teams are not competitive, but I don't think you really know much about Ladera Ranch and how the fields are permitted.

Not_that_Serious speaks with wisdom. I too live in Ladera and started with AYSO 9 years ago. First of all do not go ESL. At u9 my son played there in the Spring while we trained with Club. Just a bunch of parents screaming at their kids. For my daughter, we tried it for u5 instead of AYSO. They only had 1 u5 team and made them play against u6 teams on an oversized field (for that age) with corner kicks!
Burgi is a great choice. (Look up Premier Youth Soccer Academy of Orange County). My son trained with him, even though he was a goal keeper. I believe it's the reason he has better footwork than some of the field players.
AYSO Extra is a nice option (you can even look at AYSO United). My son played with Extra in the Spring when the team was allowed to expand rosters. He had fun playing with his schoolmates. My daughter also played Extra. She did not have as good a time. When I tried to convince the dad-coach to play Swallows Cup for their first tourney since that is a perfect tourney for AYSO teams, he instead had them play out in Temecula. The tourney did not have a flight 2 and not enough in their age bracket so they played up in flight 1 and got slaughtered. Which leads to what others have said, find a good coach don't worry so much about the club.
We played with WCFC (now OC Surf), then Pats MV (now Pats South County), then Pats NB/CM, Laguna United. All have positives and negatives. But the coach will have the biggest impact on your experience.

Back