ECRL - what does this mean?

FORMER GDA CLUBS2020-2021 LEAGUE
SD SurfECNL
RSCECNL
SoCal BluesECNL (2nd team already was in ECNL for 2019/2020)
LegendsECRL and GAL/DPL
Beach FCECRL and GAL/DPL
PatsECRL and GAL/DPL
West Coast FCECRL and GAL/DPL
AlbionGAL/DPL
Albion LVGAL/DPL
LA SurfGAL/DPL
Utah RoyalsGAL/DPL
SC del SolGAL/DPL
City FC (LAGSD)GAL/DPL
GalaxyFolded

SD SurfECNL
RSCECNL
LegendsECRL and GAL/DPL
Beach FCECRL and GAL/DPL
PatsECRL and GAL/DPL
AlbionGAL/DPL
Albion LVGAL/DPL
LA SurfGAL/DPL
Utah RoyalsGAL/DPL
SC del SolGAL/DPL
City FC (LAGSD)GAL/DPL
GalaxyFolded
Blues did not have a first and second team. Some kids chose to play ECNL. Some kids chose to play DA. There was not an A and B team. So your statement next to the Blues is highly inaccurate. Some age groups may have appeared to look that way based on results. But it was players choice which league they played in, not coaches.

SD SurfECNL
RSCECNL
LegendsECRL and GAL/DPL
Beach FCECRL and GAL/DPL
PatsECRL and GAL/DPL
AlbionGAL/DPL
Albion LVGAL/DPL
LA SurfGAL/DPL
Utah RoyalsGAL/DPL
SC del SolGAL/DPL
City FC (LAGSD)GAL/DPL
GalaxyFolded
So if club is going ECRL and GAL/DPL where do their prior teams play? Pats former DA Academy will play Gal (?) and their existing DPL team stays DPL? What team is ECRL? Or or these all new teams?

Blues did not have a first and second team. Some kids chose to play ECNL. Some kids chose to play DA. There was not an A and B team. So your statement next to the Blues is highly inaccurate. Some age groups may have appeared to look that way based on results. But it was players choice which league they played in, not coaches.

Blues folks are touchy... Meant that there is a 2nd Blues team already in ECNL, not that the ECNL team was necessarily worse (or better). That depends on the age group.

Pats posted, their former DA teams will play in both GAL and ECRL and their reserve teams will stay in DPL. Interesting how one team will play 2 leagues at the same time but we'll have to see. Beach and Legends will most likely be doing the same, just assuming.

Pats posted, their former DA teams will play in both GAL and ECRL and their reserve teams will stay in DPL. Interesting how one team will play 2 leagues at the same time but we'll have to see. Beach and Legends will most likely be Pats are fielding a new DPL team.

Pats are forming a new DPL team. If I understand their previous announcement correctly, they intend to dual roster the players from their former DA and DPL teams they will then send the DA team to play in the game with the more competitive opponent, ie. Beach or Legends former DA . 44AEB0E8-F277-412E-876C-335A361054EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Pats are forming a new DPL team. If I understand their previous announcement correctly, they intend to dual roster the players from their former DA and DPL teams they will then send the DA team to play in the game with the more competitive opponent, ie. Beach or Legends former DA . View attachment 7219
I think what you're saying is mostly correct, but they're not forming new DPL teams. Their DPL teams from last season exists and I think they'll just shuffle some players around and bring some new ones in so not a new dpl team. Just roster changes to the old dpl team looking from the picture you posted it seems they're just having tryouts.

Pats are forming a new DPL team. If I understand their previous announcement correctly, they intend to dual roster the players from their former DA and DPL teams they will then send the DA team to play in the game with the more competitive opponent, ie. Beach or Legends former DA . View attachment 7219
That 05 DPL team last year was Pats LA rumors that the DA team from last year has lost a lot of it's players

I know that ECNL is "Elite Club National League" and that ECRL is "Elite Club Regional League", but what does that mean exactly? I'm guessing it means ECRL doesn't travel as far. Is that right? If so, what does that mean for the level of competition? Is it just as good as ECNL, but limited to teams in the region? Or is it a step below?

Is ECRL basically meant to be the equivalent of DPL to DA, meaning, can a player on an ECRL team guest on an ECNL team for their same club? Is the goal that ECRL players will train to eventually be promoted to ECNL?
An ECRL player can definitely be rostered on an ECNL team from the same club. ECNL team can roster up to 30 players but can only dress 18 on game day. My daughter's team has several players from ECRL on their roster. Some got called up and some never did. Since your daughter is a keeper, you would want to know how many keepers the ECNL already has. If the answer is 2, not likely. If it is 1, then definitely a possibility.

I think what you're saying is mostly correct, but they're not forming new DPL teams. Their DPL teams from last season exists and I think they'll just shuffle some players around and bring some new ones in so not a new dpl team. Just roster changes to the old dpl team looking from the picture you posted it seems they're just having tryouts.
New coach, new location for the 05 group anyhow. I can’t see the girls from the existing DPL team making the drive from the valley to OC to be part of a third tier team.

Now that the Pats have to field a GA team, an ECRL team, and a DPL team. It makes sense to utilize the former DPL team and or players to build either a GA or ECRL team.

Last edited:
What would make you think that?

We haven't been around long enough to know, but did ECNL bounce any clubs for poor performance in the years prior to GDA? I suspect the answer is no. I don't think ECNL's mantra is to ruthlessly cull the best of the best. I think it's a business designed to support their member clubs at an elite competitve level that produces a college pathway.

LVPSA in Vegas was kicked out and I believe a club in Virginia because of poor results

Back