ECNL vs ECRL

Having been in both leagues, I can tell you this is exactly the case (1-2 coaches). The RL team basically said it wasn't going to attend another showcase unless it was on separate days. The NL team gets a lot of visibility

Just to provide another perspective.

GA and DPL are basically mirrors of ECNL and ECRL. However there are some specific distinctions. GA and DPL are entirely seperate leagues unlike ECNL and ECRL which are usually both the same clubs just A and B teams. The advantage of having GA and DPL completely seperate is that non GA clubs can compete and do well in DPL (Liverpool, Force).

Also if a non GA club does really well in DPL sometimes clubs and teams will get invited to play at GA events (showcases).

One other thing that's interesting that DPL does is that the first day of GA Champions Cup (aka GA finals). DPL teams play their best two teams in the DPL finals. This ups the interest in the top two DPL teams + kicks GA finals off with a bang. Giving the top players from both leagues a spotlight.

I remember last year when they tried to combine the ECNL/ECRL Showcase dates in Phoenix. My friends on the ECRL side were at another venue an hour away from the ECNL site at Reach 11. He said there were maybe 1 or 2 scouts at their games. Maybe that's why the ECRL teams aren't having their Showcase at the same time this year.
Yes, that was a fiasco for ECRL. I hope ECRL learned the lesson. I concur with your friend. I was also at the ECRL site an hour away at then-called Bank Bell Park. Hardly any college coaches in attendance—all were at the ECNL event. How do I know—a daughter in ECNL and ECRL.

Just to provide another perspective.

GA and DPL are basically mirrors of ECNL and ECRL. However there are some specific distinctions. GA and DPL are entirely seperate leagues unlike ECNL and ECRL which are usually both the same clubs just A and B teams. The advantage of having GA and DPL completely seperate is that non GA clubs can compete and do well in DPL (Liverpool, Force).

Also if a non GA club does really well in DPL sometimes clubs and teams will get invited to play at GA events (showcases).

One other thing that's interesting that DPL does is that the first day of GA Champions Cup (aka GA finals). DPL teams play their best two teams in the DPL finals. This ups the interest in the top two DPL teams + kicks GA finals off with a bang. Giving the top players from both leagues a spotlight.
You're saying ECNL and GA are equal in the recruitment process? I think most of us would beg to differ. The number of recruiters at ECNL Showcases far exceed that of GA.

You're saying ECNL and GA are equal in the recruitment process? I think most of us would beg to differ. The number of recruiters at ECNL Showcases far exceed that of GA.

No, just saying that the way the leagues are structured is nearly identical.

Is it true that ECRL is only playing each team once and having NO showcases this year in SoCal ?
I think it's just the oldest group (05/06) that only plays each team once. The other age groups play their half of the conference home and away, but only play the opposite side of the conference once.

Back