ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

Since neither organization recognizes the other's registrations, a player registered in an ECNL team would be a free agent available to sign with any DA team.

You should be careful of clubs with teams in both programs. They may sign a player up in both but only place that assign that player to a single team for practices, games, tournaments, showcases - (did I forget anything?). The dual registration does that player no good and prevents her from signing as a free agent with a team in the organization other than the one in which her assigned team plays.

From Ernie:
Twelve years after the start of the Development Academy on the boys side, dissatisfaction with the program has grown, while the girls program, launched in 2016, splintered the girls landscape.

Has U.S. Soccer bit off more than it can chew in running the DA? Stewart doesn't share that view.

EARNIE STEWART: "Not at all. I am not going to call it being concerned about something, but we need to look at our youth landscape and we have all sorts of different pyramids and are not yet in a situation where we have a pyramid that has the best play against the best. That is my concern.

"Who runs the Development Academy? I want to create one big pyramid on the boys' side and on the girls' side. And we all need to work together. That's kind of what I miss. And so the things I worry about is creating that structure, that apart from coaching, that you have coaching education, you have the performance environments, you have standards and certifications.

"That's why Brazil is so great, because they play in the favela, on the field right next to it, and you get to play with the best players. And that for us is something I think about everyday, creating that, not so much the structure and organizing [the DA]. I want us creating one big pyramid where we get the best playing the best and everything trickles up." ECNL vs DA?

"The top of the pyramid is so easy. The bottom of the pyramid? That is the hard part. If you need to organize that, then the country becomes very big. And creating a structure is what the technical committee together with those working on the Youth Task Force are thinking about every day -- but it is never the top of pyramid. The DA itself, running that is not going to be a problem. When it's broader on the bottom, that's where it becomes more difficult because the country becomes very, very big. However, I believe that it is possible, and I am committed to that every single day."

The players need to be at the top of the Pyramid Ernie. Which pyramid is Ernie talking about? John Wooden has a great one. This is why the girls leagues are toxic and were all divided. I was looking at the Stanford roster and I believe just about everyone played HS Soccer. Another way to divide the folks and not work together for what's best for the girls. So sad. I think we all know whose at the top of the USSF pyramid...….

Last edited:
Yo Justus, ignore these haters throwing you shade brah!

It's not like you posted your DD's full name for everyone to Google a female minor - oh wait, you did!

It's not like you're stuck somewhere in 2013-2015 living your glory days off your DD's soccer accomplishments like Uncle Rico on meth - oh wait, you are!

It's not like you're the greatest club hopper of all time from Arsenal, Legends, Blues, Surf, back to Blues, now Strikers - oh wait, you are!

It's not like you're a recovering Kool-Aid'oholic licking your lips chap for one more sip - oh wait, you are!

It's not like you're killing this forum by constantly hating on the DA because that path didn't work out for you and is somehow the reason your DD isn't on "da list" - oh wait, you are!

...well at least you brought life back to this VERY dull forum, because that my brah - you also did!!!

Viva El Justus!

Yo Justus, ignore these haters throwing you shade brah!

It's not like you posted your DD's full name for everyone to Google a female minor - oh wait, you did!

It's not like you're stuck somewhere in 2013-2015 living your glory days off your DD's soccer accomplishments like Uncle Rico on meth - oh wait, you are!

It's not like you're the greatest club hopper of all time from Arsenal, Legends, Blues ,surf, back to Blues, now Strikers - oh wait, you are!

It's not like you're a recovering Kool-Aid'oholic licking your lips chap for one more sip - oh wait, you are!

It's not like you're killing this forum by constantly hating on the DA because that path didn't work out for you and is somehow the reason your DD isn't on "da list" - oh wait, you are!

...well at least you brought life back to this VERY dull forum, because that my brah - you also did!!!

Viva El Justus!

Surf posted this on all their social platforms in 2017 for all to see and she was only 13 years old way before I "outed" her. Is that ok to do without my consent? Plus, the goal was a topic on the socal soccer forum if I'm not mistaken. All the BS you said sounds exactly like someone I know when they told me those things. So I'm curious which rich dad you are @Canyon90? I re-read things people say about this subject to get a pulse. Are you the one who told me my dd dream is a pipe dream? College coaches hate club hoppers? How about the one who went ape shit when Pauly called her up for her one and only call up to just piss off a few rich dads before he left for Greener Pasture? Anyway dude, Merry Christmas and I hope 2020 brings you true happiness :)

Surf posted this on all their social platforms in 2017 for all to see and she was only 13 years old way before I "outed" her. Is that ok to do without my consent? Plus, the goal was a topic on the socal soccer forum if I'm not mistaken. All the BS you said sounds exactly like someone I know when they told me those things. So I'm curious which rich dad you are @Canyon90? I re-read things people say about this subject to get a pulse. Are you the one who told me my dd dream is a pipe dream? College coaches hate club hoppers? How about the one who went ape shit when Pauly called her up for her one and only call up to just piss off a few rich dads before he left for Greener Pasture? Anyway dude, Merry Christmas and I hope 2020 brings you true happiness :)
Does your avatar reflect your current state? Betelgeuse?

Does your avatar reflect your current state? Betelgeuse?
I'm actually looking for exit tragedy. I did my good deed helping Luis with the Blue Pill advice and if I died today I feel I saved one dad from the rabbit hole. I also want to make sure Tad Bobak is treated with respect before I leave and not have his biz tarnished by a few jealous rich dads with some extra money in da bank. Almost done and I'll be all gone and let all you DAers enjoy the rest of the ride off the cliff. My inbox is way more hate with warnings right now so I know the bear doesn't like to be poked. So I'm guessing before the new year no more ej for good. I have to finish the story and then I'm out for good. Luis did and so can I. I didn't think he would but I saw his goat play and she needs to be with the other goats at Blues. He's not posting so being called by RR has some value after all. Good night now!!!!

Last edited:
From Ernie:
Twelve years after the start of the Development Academy on the boys side, dissatisfaction with the program has grown, while the girls program, launched in 2016, splintered the girls landscape.

Has U.S. Soccer bit off more than it can chew in running the DA? Stewart doesn't share that view.

EARNIE STEWART: "Not at all. I am not going to call it being concerned about something, but we need to look at our youth landscape and we have all sorts of different pyramids and are not yet in a situation where we have a pyramid that has the best play against the best. That is my concern.

"Who runs the Development Academy? I want to create one big pyramid on the boys' side and on the girls' side. And we all need to work together. That's kind of what I miss. And so the things I worry about is creating that structure, that apart from coaching, that you have coaching education, you have the performance environments, you have standards and certifications.

"That's why Brazil is so great, because they play in the favela, on the field right next to it, and you get to play with the best players. And that for us is something I think about everyday, creating that, not so much the structure and organizing [the DA]. I want us creating one big pyramid where we get the best playing the best and everything trickles up." ECNL vs DA?

"The top of the pyramid is so easy. The bottom of the pyramid? That is the hard part. If you need to organize that, then the country becomes very big. And creating a structure is what the technical committee together with those working on the Youth Task Force are thinking about every day -- but it is never the top of pyramid. The DA itself, running that is not going to be a problem. When it's broader on the bottom, that's where it becomes more difficult because the country becomes very, very big. However, I believe that it is possible, and I am committed to that every single day."

The players need to be at the top of the Pyramid Ernie. Which pyramid is Ernie talking about? John Wooden has a great one. This is why the girls leagues are toxic and were all divided. I was looking at the Stanford roster and I believe just about everyone played HS Soccer. Another way to divide the folks and not work together for what's best for the girls. So sad. I think we all know whose at the top of the USSF pyramid...….
Don't forget the DA for players has only completed two years on the girls side, into the third year now. None of the seniors or juniors would have been able to play DA because it didn't exist for the girls. Some younger players may have had one year with freshmen possible two. So yes, the majority probably did play high school. :)

Reactions: Zen

Yo Soccerhelper, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not the rich dad you blame me to be. Very far from it actually.

Besides why you digging up an old post from September and replying to it on Christmas Eve! (LMAO).

Really brah! It's the Holiday so relax and give the crazed-youth-soccer-parent thing a rest and spend that time with your family and loved ones.

Not to mention you, I mean El Justus (wink-wink), admitting to deserving the "playful" jabs I threw in that post.

And now here you are re-posting videos of that young girl (SMH).

Look in the mirror brah, people like you are the problem in this forum, not lurkers like me.

Ps... give EJ, Justus, Newwavedave and all the other voices my best wishes for a prosperous 2020!

Yo Soccerhelper, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not the rich dad you blame me to be. Very far from it actually.

Besides why you digging up an old post from September and replying to it on Christmas Eve! (LMAO).

Really brah! It's the Holiday so relax and give the crazed-youth-soccer-parent thing a rest and spend that time with your family and loved ones.

Not to mention you, I mean El Justus (wink-wink), admitting to deserving the "playful" jabs I threw in that post.

And now here you are re-posting videos of that young girl (SMH).

Look in the mirror brah, people like you are the problem in this forum, not lurkers like me.

Ps... give EJ, Justus, Newwavedave and all the other voices my best wishes for a prosperous 2020!
it's bruh...not brah..just an fyi vato

"a fyi"...not "an fyi"..just a fyi pendejo.

LOL! Again, you're wrong and now everyone is laughing at you...

Just an FYI: When using an abbreviation, FYI is used as a noun. Nobody would say "just an For Your Information". Google it mensito y maybe you'll learn some englich. On second thought...read this ;)

With abbreviations, what matters is how they are pronounced.
The letter F in English is pronounced “eff.” The abbreviation FYI is thus pronounced eff-why-eye. It begins with a vowel sound.
Thus, it is an FYI.
The letters F, H, L, M, N, R, and S should be remembered: they sound as if they begin with a vowel.

So: an HMO, an LSD trip, an MRI, an NGO, an RSVP, or an STD.

ya ves mensito? "...just a fyi pendejo"=no bueno güey! haha

Just an FYI: When using an abbreviation, FYI is used as a noun. Nobody would say "just an For Your Information". Google it mensito y maybe you'll learn some englich. On second thought...read this ;)

The letter F in English is pronounced “eff.” The abbreviation FYI is thus pronounced eff-why-eye. It begins with a vowel sound.
Thus, it is an FYI.
The letters F, H, L, M, N, R, and S should be remembered: they sound as if they begin with a vowel.

Correct! Nobody would use "just" in this context...thus, a/n not in play.

FYI: Ask Google

Thus, it is an FYI.

FYI (to both of you) -- nobody cares.

Back