ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

We play in the older age group so we did not attend the showcase (plus my dd is recovering from her acl injury) but my dd did attend the Colorado School of Mines Camp (in Golden) last summer when she was considering their offer. Every single girl not from Colorado (or elevation) did end up spending time with altitude sickness until they got adjusted to the elevation. I wonder how many girls got elevation sickness at the event.

I watched some of the featured games and I was honestly disappointed by the lack of subs being utilized in a showcase. It was freezing yesterday, and I saw a player subbed in at 68 minute mark of a u15 game. What does that do to morale?
The DA sub rules are not enforced in showcases, right?

The DA sub rules are not enforced in showcases, right?
Regardless once sub out you can’t go back in the game. This player came in the game with 12 minutes remaining in a showcase. After the pregame warm up you sit for 68 minutes! How is that fair at a showcase?

Regardless once sub out you can’t go back in the game. This player came in the game with 12 minutes remaining in a showcase. After the pregame warm up you sit for 68 minutes! How is that fair at a showcase?
I get your point and although it may not be the case, it is possible that the player may have played all 80 min in the previous 2 games and was slated to rest. She could be coming back from injury. She could already committed so they gave another girl a chance to get some minutes during a League Showcase.

We don’t know, so let’s not get too carried away with the narrative.

I get your point and although it may not be the case, it is possible that the player may have played all 80 min in the previous 2 games and was slated to rest. She could be coming back from injury. She could already committed so they gave another girl a chance to get some minutes during a League Showcase.

We don’t know, so let’s not get too carried away with the narrative.

I will concede your narrative, but the announcer for the featured game knew everything about every player. It was the U15 game for LAGSD vs Tohpat. Not to many committed at this point in that age group. But, if you get chance and watch it or perhaps you were there , you will see that subs were very limited in this game. And for whatever reason, that's a long way to travel to not play as it is a showcase. I just pointed out one player who was in black. It was a good game. I enjoyed watching it. I hope all the girls find their dream school.

I will concede your narrative, but the announcer for the featured game knew everything about every player. It was the U15 game for LAGSD vs Tohpat. Not to many committed at this point in that age group. But, if you get chance and watch it or perhaps you were there , you will see that subs were very limited in this game. And for whatever reason, that's a long way to travel to not play as it is a showcase. I just pointed out one player who was in black. It was a good game. I enjoyed watching it. I hope all the girls find their dream school.
I was there and don’t disagree with your concern, just know that there is often more than meets the eye.

I was there and don’t disagree with your concern, just know that there is often more than meets the eye.

And I watched my DD's ECNL team play 3 games in a showcase where 2 girls played a total of maybe 20 minutes the whole showcase and that was without sub rules. Neither girl injured or commited, etc. These girls maybe played 5 minutes a game during the season if they even played - there were many games they were not rostered due to roster count. The kicker was a college coach came to watch one of the girls during the showcase and she was subbed in with a few minutes to go after the college coach was long gone. Coach knew school was there for her. Winning is more important to these top clubs.

And I watched my DD's ECNL team play 3 games in a showcase where 2 girls played a total of maybe 20 minutes the whole showcase and that was without sub rules. Neither girl injured or commited, etc. These girls maybe played 5 minutes a game during the season if they even played - there were many games they were not rostered due to roster count. The kicker was a college coach came to watch one of the girls during the showcase and she was subbed in with a few minutes to go after the college coach was long gone. Coach knew school was there for her. Winning is more important to these top clubs.

That is so wrong! Why would parents subject their DD to that mental anguish? If you are at a showcase, then players need to get the time in to "showcase." Why even bring them to not play them!:mad:

That is so wrong! Why would parents subject their DD to that mental anguish? If you are at a showcase, then players need to get the time in to "showcase." Why even bring them to not play them!:mad:

Because the wins count for the playoff standings and coaches are willing to sacrifice the win vs. the chance to play a non committed player that might be a detriment to the team. In both leagues, it's a balance of wins vs. development or showcase. I don't find either of these leagues better than the other. They are different, but depending on the coach or club, time and player management is relatively similar, regardless of rules.

What do you mean by that?
I was responding to a previous post.

1) I was at the Showcase and the game.
2) I understand his concern about kids not getting a lot of playing time at a Showcase.
3) just because you watched 1 game on the weekend and saw the girl get subbed in late in the game, it doesn’t mean it’s a moral killer.

I was responding to a previous post.

1) I was at the Showcase and the game.
2) I understand his concern about kids not getting a lot of playing time at a Showcase.
3) just because you watched 1 game on the weekend and saw the girl get subbed in late in the game, it doesn’t mean it’s a moral killer.

She played 45% of the total minutes in the 3 games and plays for free including travel to the showcase. Not too bad. I have witnessed a lot worse.

Every player does not "need" to get time in...they may "want" to get time in. They're on the bench because coach believes kids on the field are better. If the player/parents do not like that then they should work harder to get better. Always have the option to quit and join a DPL team.

Back