ECNL SW Guidance

Lastman,
Did the second SD Surf teams provide reasonable competition to the top Beach teams?
To be fair I did not watch all the games. The only game I saw from start to finish was the 06. Surf plays good soccer and definitely tried to do so throughout the match. It was fair competition and great to see the girls play.

Last edited:
Update. Arsenal is now at Desert Sky Soccer Complex (Mesa). We are staying at Marriott Phoenix Resort Tempe at The Buttes. This location was recommended to us and fairly close to the fields. We just did AIRBNB this last weekend and it was great.
Rising and Arsenal played league games at Red Mountain this past weekend at Red Mountain which is not the fields either use typically for ECNL.

In normal times Arsenal ECNL uses Santos Soccer (previously called Strikers...and maybe still listed as that in Google) and ASU Polytechnic. Paloma is in Mesa/Gilbert and rarely for ECNL games by Arsenal. Rising usually used Scottsdale Sports Complex and Scottsdale Community College.

This year all bets are off though.

Tempe Buttes is fairly central. To be honest you could also stay in and around downtown Scottsdale (more things to do in the immediate vicinity) and close access to the freeway that will take you to where Rising/Arsenal will play.

Rising and Arsenal played league games at Red Mountain this past weekend at Red Mountain which is not the fields either use typically for ECNL.

In normal times Arsenal ECNL uses Santos Soccer (previously called Strikers...and maybe still listed as that in Google) and ASU Polytechnic. Paloma is in Mesa/Gilbert and rarely for ECNL games by Arsenal. Rising usually used Scottsdale Sports Complex and Scottsdale Community College.

This year all bets are off though.

Tempe Buttes is fairly central. To be honest you could also stay in and around downtown Scottsdale (more things to do in the immediate vicinity) and close access to the freeway that will take you to where Rising/Arsenal will play.
I've noticed that fields are all over and locations have changed numerous times. The Phoenix and surrounding areas appear easy to navigate and at worst 20 minutes is the drive.

I've noticed that fields are all over and locations have changed numerous times. The Phoenix and surrounding areas appear easy to navigate and at worst 20 minutes is the drive.
I would say between 20-30 minutes. Just depends on traffic (weekends are not bad) and of course where you end up staying.

But the vast majority of the places you may play ECNL or GA for that matter are just off a freeway.

What is going on with Girls ECNL SW Scheduling? I was told we would have something posted in early October.

What is going on with Girls ECNL SW Scheduling? I was told we would have something posted in early October.
We have tentative schedules already, just not online. We needed the happiest place on earth to open but that is not going to happen anytime soon. Power and Control said their in no hurry to open Mickey Mouse up to the kiddos. So my hunch is that no soccer games can be played in socal until after Nov 3rd. We've been saying this since the shut down in March.

We have tentative schedules already, just not online. We needed the happiest place on earth to open but that is not going to happen anytime soon. Power and Control said their in no hurry to open Mickey Mouse up to the kiddos. So my hunch is that no soccer games can be played in socal until after Nov 3rd. We've been saying this since the shut down in March.
You are likely correct. The clarity of science in CA never ceases to amaze those outside of it. Obviously the life cycle of the virus expires at midnight 3 NOV.

Back