ECNL SW Guidance

I am sure there are some coaches, TM’s, and others in the know...

I’m curious if the ECNL and the SW Clubs have started discussions regarding the Fall Season and if they have come to any consensus on approach. I’ve heard from coaches at ECNL Clubs (non-ECNL Team Coaches mind you) that they do not believe there will be a fall season.

With the CIF announcement yesterday, It becomes harder and harder to believe there will be a fall season.

At the end of the day it is what it is, but like many would like to get some sort of announcement/proclamation one way or the other.

Just curious if anybody “knows” anything about it or has any intel/insight.

I am sure there are some coaches, TM’s, and others in the know...

I’m curious if the ECNL and the SW Clubs have started discussions regarding the Fall Season and if they have come to any consensus on approach. I’ve heard from coaches at ECNL Clubs (non-ECNL Team Coaches mind you) that they do not believe there will be a fall season.

With the CIF announcement yesterday, It becomes harder and harder to believe there will be a fall season.

At the end of the day it is what it is, but like many would like to get some sort of announcement/proclamation one way or the other.

Just curious if anybody “knows” anything about it or has any intel/insight.
Well, let me get back to you on what I know "in the know" regarding Fall Ball. Rumor Mill is hot!!!

USclub has return to play guidelines on their site. They defer to state and local guidance to start that process where allowed or permitted

ECNL has been working on placeholder scheduling and dropped the divisions in the SW and said they would be going for home/away 19 game season per club. This was before the CIF announcement so they're obviously going to need make some adjustments.

Field permits for the proposed mid Sept start dates are really hard to obtain at the moment so who knows when a realistic schedule will be posted?

The State really needs to come out for the youth sports guidance for things to continue beyond "camps" with distant drills.

The schedule is complete for the entire ECNL SW. I have seen it and know that all clubs have received it. Games, pending covid restrictions, start 9/17.

From ECNL:
Understanding the challenges and ongoing uncertainties associated with COVID-19, the league has evaluated the Conference scheduling and determined that a 'single table' approach for the Southwest Conference would be most prudent for the 2020-2021 season. This translates into a 19-game schedule whereas each club plays one another one time, either home or away.

While this is different from the Divisional setup that was previously identified for the Southwest Conference, this approach, ultimately, limits travel and controls the total number of matches in a more reasonable way. Understanding that games may need to start later in the Fall, the schedule allows for this while also providing additional windows in the spring for re-schedules, if necessary."

Interesting...14 Teams, 19 game schedule...Games starting Sept 17th on a Thursday. That’s two months out, everything locked down to early August...that’s six weeks to get ready which is doable...this thing has the appearance to slide into October/November/December to start based on how things are going.

I gotta give CIF credit...they pushed everything way out, gave themselves plenty of time/runway and credibility. This sounds like ECNL is setting up for a series of short pushbacks and things getting pulled along. I just don’t see mid-September happening. I hope I am very wrong.

Interesting...14 Teams, 19 game schedule...Games starting Sept 17th on a Thursday. That’s two months out, everything locked down to early August...that’s six weeks to get ready which is doable...this thing has the appearance to slide into October/November/December to start based on how things are going.

I gotta give CIF credit...they pushed everything way out, gave themselves plenty of time/runway and credibility. This sounds like ECNL is setting up for a series of short pushbacks and things getting pulled along. I just don’t see mid-September happening. I hope I am very wrong.

that release is for Boys ECNL buddy. Nothing on regular ECNL plan yet.

SW Conference on the girls side kicks off on 8/29 + 8/30

This was the anticipated date for the girls ECNL prior to the new outbreak we're experiencing in CA, AZ, etc. not sure if this is a realistic start date at this point since most teams aren't even training, nor has the state given the protocols for youth sports to train. ( I'm aware some OC and LA teams are training but not all of them are). But hey stranger things have happened so I guess who the hell knows...

This was the anticipated date for the girls ECNL prior to the new outbreak we're experiencing in CA, AZ, etc. not sure if this is a realistic start date at this point since most teams aren't even training, nor has the state given the protocols for youth sports to train. ( I'm aware some OC and LA teams are training but not all of them are). But hey stranger things have happened so I guess who the hell knows...
Come August 1st I bet everyone will be receiving an email about upcoming fees!! These clubs want there money! Sad!!

Come August 1st I bet everyone will be receiving an email about upcoming fees!! These clubs want there money! Sad!!
I look at this way and I have no idea how all clubs run the 503 business. EOTL can share on this because he knows this business very well. Risk is involved with the club and the parent. Trust needs to be at an all time high. I would be willing to throw in a few bucks to keep operational expenses going and realize that my investment could be wiped out. What else is their to invest in for your child?

I look at this way and I have no idea how all clubs run the 503 business. EOTL can share on this because he knows this business very well. Risk is involved with the club and the parent. Trust needs to be at an all time high. I would be willing to throw in a few bucks to keep operational expenses going and realize that my investment could be wiped out. What else is their to invest in for your child?

@EJ...if you need a few more bucks to throw in, I am looking for a replacement caregiver...just saying... :p

Yes the clubs should just go broke and fold .... :rolleyes:

Exactly, right? I’d be totally down to start over, new clubs, teams, coaches, players, leagues, etc. once people decide it is “ok” for clubs to begin charging fees/dues again...clubs should operate on such razor thin margins to the point where they are always on the brink of failure to ensure everybody gets their perceived “value”. I guess the only people who can/should make money are the parents. Talk about club personnel being shady...I’ve met a few super duper shady parents...I’m surprised so many people participate in club sports with all these coaches, doc’s, trainers, and clubs trying to take advantage of them. Who do some of these people think they are as judge and jury to determine what people should make...I’d bet they would sing a different tune if somebody told some of these “experts” they were overpaid, or did not earn what they get. It’s pay to play...pay if you want your future National Team player to play or go do something else. If you don’t like the product go and do something else.

For disclosure, not affiliated with any club in any capacity other than a fee paying parent.

It's pay to zoom or pay to juggle in your own 6x6 box or pay for tournaments and league games to not play in cause they will be cancelled and don't expect a refund just like how you didn't get a refund for all the cancelled games last season that you paid for.

I love my DD's coach and don't mind him getting paid so that the club can retain him and he can make a living but come on I'm not going to pay in full on Aug 1st for the whole year to avoid the penalties from making monthly payments with no clue when they will ever play again. No play no pay.

Back