ECNL Showcase games factor into playoff standings?

Anybody know if this season's ECNL showcase games will factor into playoff standings?

They do not. Conference games only

Are you sure? I thought that they did…..The only thing they don’t influence is champions league which is the top 3 of each division but they affect the other three playoff levels for positions 4-9…..perhaps my info is wrong…..

They do count for North American cup and Showcase A and B U16- U17... I guess I wasn't concerned because I believe rainbow unicorn has a younger player in the ECNL ages

Are you sure? I thought that they did…..The only thing they don’t influence is champions league which is the top 3 of each division but they affect the other three playoff levels for positions 4-9…..perhaps my info is wrong…..
Futboldad1 you are correct. Exactly as you said with one more caveat. There are 2 wildcard spots and all showcase games count for W/C spots also.

Futboldad1 you are correct. Exactly as you said with one more caveat. There are 2 wildcard spots and all showcase games count for W/C spots also.
that's dumb of ecnl. my understanding is the club's choose what level teams they want to play at the showcases. encourages sandbagging for teams who only care about the Ws.

that's dumb of ecnl. my understanding is the club's choose what level teams they want to play at the showcases. encourages sandbagging for teams who only care about the Ws.

That is incorrect....the league schedules all ECNL showcase game with no input from clubs....

Do a little research and you can find out. Or take the word of those with Axe’s to grind.

your call….
I'll take that as a "I don't know but I'm not gonna admit it."
What everyone said prior.
Nobody prior said anything re Showcase matchups, only playoffs.

I'm always comfortable being wrong. That's how we learn. If you're suggesting the clubs have no influence on the showcase matchups, then there should be objective criteria how ecnl sets those games. If you don't have that objective info (it's not on their website), then you're naive to think clubs don't influence--especially certain clubs.

Th
I'll take that as a "I don't know but I'm not gonna admit it."

Nobody prior said anything re Showcase matchups, only playoffs.

I'm always comfortable being wrong. That's how we learn. If you're suggesting the clubs have no influence on the showcase matchups, then there should be objective criteria how ecnl sets those games. If you don't have that objective info (it's not on their website), then you're naive to think clubs don't influence--especially certain clubs.
Read the whole thread.

This is my understanding of how it worked. I welcome any corrections. It was interesting to me to learn how they ended up seeding the groups with 32 teams in Champions League last year. They used a combination of conference-only results and overall results (including showcases). Also, seeding was not solely based on points per game. To be one of the top 8 seeds and thus a #1 seed in a group of 4, a team had to win its conference. Some teams won conferences but were not in the top 8 in points per game overall. Thus the Champions League "Standings" did not represent the seedings.

Top 8 for #1 seed in group play (from 9 conference winners)
- Win your conference and have one of the top 8 points per game in conference games of the 9 conference winners. The lowest conference winner in points per game was put in the #2 seed pot.
-- The team with the highest points per game is in group 1, etc.

10-29 (20 more automatic qualifiers assigned to the conferences)
- Win your division but not your conference (based on conference games only), or
- be high enough in points per game to qualify for your conference's automatic bids if you had more automatic bids than divisions.

30-32 (Wildcards)
- Be in the top 3 in points per game for ALL games including showcases of the remaining teams that have not qualified as one of the 29 above.

The above gives the 32 teams that qualify for playoffs and the top 8 seeds. To seed 9-32, they used points per game for ALL games including showcases.

I didn't find anywhere on the site where overall (including showcases) points per game were displayed in a Champions League (1-32) format. The Champions League standings only showed points per game for conference games and standings were ordered solely by points per game in conference games.

Anybody know if this season's ECNL showcase games will factor into playoff standings?
While they don't have a direct correlation on your conference standings, they do come into play on the overall ranking of teams that lead to your placement within the playoffs seeding.

Example. This recent ECNL event will not have any impact on your conference standings, you could have lost all 3 games, yet still remain #1 within your own conference (SW). However, when being seeded for the playoff games, those 3 losses will affect your overall ranking, and you may not be #1 overall, and placed accordingly to all games played.

Hope that makes sense.

While they don't have a direct correlation on your conference standings, they do come into play on the overall ranking of teams that lead to your placement within the playoffs seeding.

Example. This recent ECNL event will not have any impact on your conference standings, you could have lost all 3 games, yet still remain #1 within your own conference (SW). However, when being seeded for the playoff games, those 3 losses will affect your overall ranking, and you may not be #1 overall, and placed accordingly to all games played.

Hope that makes sense.
THIS ^^^^^

That is exactly how they do it.

Back