ECNL Playoff changes

So if i'm reading this correctly only the top 44 teams (U13-U15) go to playoffs (Champions League) while U16 & U17 basically everyone still goes (Champions League, NA Cup, Showcase cup).

It says that champions league qualification is based upon overall record of league games and showcase results, but not sure how they pick the top 44 teams. Best overall PPG regardless of conference? Top 4-5 in each conference?

So if i'm reading this correctly only the top 44 teams (U13-U15) go to playoffs (Champions League) while U16 & U17 basically everyone still goes (Champions League, NA Cup, Showcase cup).

It says that champions league qualification is based upon overall record of league games and showcase results, but not sure how they pick the top 44 teams. Best overall PPG regardless of conference? Top 4-5 in each conference?

I'll try my best with some input but the release is not very clear......9 conferences.....not all conference send the same amount......for we in the SW I was told that we would go to the top 3 per division for six total for the older age groups....... showcases records only combine with league and come into play for NA cup, Showcase cup...

Did we ever figure this out? Now that the conference is split is it going to make a difference? Don't ask me why I'm asking this now two weeks into league...I'm bored at work and still can't figure this damn thing out

For the Southwest Conference

3 teams from Mojave go
3 teams from Sonoran go

44 teams in total advance to the National playoffs
11 groups of four teams play three games

11 group winners and 5 wildcard teams advance to the knockout rounds played at the same venue

8 teams advance to the National finals in Richmond

How do they figure out how many teams from each conference go? My DD plays in a conference with 9 teams. Assuming top 3? Of the 9 conferences there are some with 9, 12, 14, etc.

Yes. For the past couple of years they have been live streaming the draws for each age group.
Website now has standings drop down for both "Champions League" and "Champions League Seedings". The former is just based upon league records and the later is based upon league+showcase records. I was sort of assuming they would just use the seedings one to group teams, with possible adjustments so teams from same conference aren't grouped together?

NJ showcase….grass is 3” tall….had a downpour midday Saturday. Several day games were moved to the evening. You can imagine what the field conditions were like…Been sunny all day, so hoping the fields have dried out. I guess we’re spoiled in the SW. But seriously, can you not cut the grass before a showcase?

NJ showcase….grass is 3” tall….had a downpour midday Saturday. Several day games were moved to the evening. You can imagine what the field conditions were like…Been sunny all day, so hoping the fields have dried out. I guess we’re spoiled in the SW. But seriously, can you not cut the grass before a showcase?
Yep. Very surprised by the poor fields. Like a swamp in some part of the fields. Silly.

Back