ECNL Fall schedules

We might be going orange today maybe great park will relax on the restrictionse
Even better. Someone make it happen Great Park for all ECNL and GA games

Unfortunately... the opening of the Parks (Great Park, Silverlakes, etc) is not up to the respective counties they are in. It is up to the state to allow the sport to occur. And as it stands (it sucks, I'm with you), our state does not want to allow youth sports. While counties are moving to better tiers, that doesn't matter (at least directly) to allowing our kids to start playing meaningful practices, scrimmages or games.

Unfortunately... the opening of the Parks (Great Park, Silverlakes, etc) is not up to the respective counties they are in. It is up to the state to allow the sport to occur. And as it stands (it sucks, I'm with you), our state does not want to allow youth sports. While counties are moving to better tiers, that doesn't matter (at least directly) to allowing our kids to start playing meaningful practices, scrimmages or games.
Meanwhile, there are full on 9v9 men's pick up games happening right next to our DDs practice! I don't get it. They can play/scrimmage, but the kids can't do it internally where it is in fact much safer than some random pick up game. SMH

Meanwhile, there are full on 9v9 men's pick up games happening right next to our DDs practice! I don't get it. They can play/scrimmage, but the kids can't do it internally where it is in fact much safer than some random pick up game. SMH
Just get a bunch of girls to form their own games. These big Orgs can't run the risk of getting liable for something out of their control and i dont blame them. Disneyland is now STH and want to open.........now!!!

I live up in LA (near Pasadena)... where are these pick up games occurring? SMH. I honestly haven't seen that up here. Although my son's team practices at Glendale Sports Complex, it is distanced unfortunately... but loads of youth teams (03's to 08's) getting their "practice" time in

I live up in LA (near Pasadena)... where are these pick up games occurring? SMH. I honestly haven't seen that up here. Although my son's team practices at Glendale Sports Complex, it is distanced unfortunately... but loads of youth teams (03's to 08's) getting their "practice" time in
Im not going to name the locations, but theres been daily men's pick up soccer games at the park near my house. last night i saw a cop drive out of the parking lot while the entire field was in use. This is in los angeles county. Im glad more and more people are over it.

Im not going to name the locations, but theres been daily men's pick up soccer games at the park near my house. last night i saw a cop drive out of the parking lot while the entire field was in use. This is in los angeles county. Im glad more and more people are over it.
I saw adult soccer games at a park in OC and hoops. I wont out them either. I also saw and spoke to a few Brazilian Beach soccer players a while back. 2 v 2 and these guys could play ball. I also see the older folks over in Leisure World playing pickle ball or paddle ball game and also lawn bowling.

Just get a bunch of girls to form their own games. These big Orgs can't run the risk of getting liable for something out of their control and i dont blame them. Disneyland is now STH and want to open.........now!!!
I understand the moving parts. Totally get the liability part of it. It's just frustrating...particularly when we're being asked to cross state lines to play and that's way more risky than playing locally. Youth sports are pretty low on the list, in terms of things that need to be focused on reopening. I get it.

I understand the moving parts. Totally get the liability part of it. It's just frustrating...particularly when we're being asked to cross state lines to play and that's way more risky than playing locally. Youth sports are pretty low on the list, in terms of things that need to be focused on reopening. I get it.
If my dd was way younger, I would just chill and wait this out. However, this is the most important time ever for her soccer career and one must make deep sacrifice to find a true game with real refs and timer. It would be cool if Team A from OC could call Team B from LA and set up a scrimmage for free minus gas and all. I did hear OC might go Orange soon so that would be fitting for Orange County to be Orange.

If my dd was way younger, I would just chill and wait this out. However, this is the most important time ever for her soccer career and one must make deep sacrifice to find a true game with real refs and timer. It would be cool if Team A from OC could call Team B from LA and set up a scrimmage for free minus gas and all. I did hear OC might go Orange soon so that would be fitting for Orange County to be Orange.
crush - if I had an 04 or 05 player who had big dreams, I'd be doing exactly what you're doing. I feel for those kids.

crush - if I had an 04 or 05 player who had big dreams, I'd be doing exactly what you're doing. I feel for those kids.
05's "can't" even have direct contact with coaches until next June and this too shall pass so should have time to get some video of games ready to go before then (fingers crossed!!!). Hopefully 04's had some game film highlights ready from the beginning of the year to share with coaches just before the spring showcases to have already started having a relationship with coaches since that June 15th direct communication opening date. then keeping that relationship going with text/phone/email/zoom. The big problem for the 04's is the visiting the campus of their preferred choices, some girls are "committing" now without taking their official visits which good for them if that is the school of their dreams or legacy or whatever. My kid doesn't want to make that choice without taking those official visits even to schools where she has toured already.

The girls I really feel for are the 03's (I feel for all ages because they love to play!!). Hadn't finished taking official visits, can't take official visits, some college seniors able to defer a year to take up a spot next year.

In NorCal, I haven't really seen the pickup soccer games, but there has definitely been basketball going on all over the place. Parks near me have lots of dogs running around in them so harder to get the pickup soccer going :)

05's "can't" even have direct contact with coaches until next June and this too shall pass so should have time to get some video of games ready to go before then (fingers crossed!!!). Hopefully 04's had some game film highlights ready from the beginning of the year to share with coaches just before the spring showcases to have already started having a relationship with coaches since that June 15th direct communication opening date. then keeping that relationship going with text/phone/email/zoom. The big problem for the 04's is the visiting the campus of their preferred choices, some girls are "committing" now without taking their official visits which good for them if that is the school of their dreams or legacy or whatever. My kid doesn't want to make that choice without taking those official visits even to schools where she has toured already.

The girls I really feel for are the 03's (I feel for all ages because they love to play!!). Hadn't finished taking official visits, can't take official visits, some college seniors able to defer a year to take up a spot next year.
So if your 2022 not yet committed, all is not lost. Most schools not named Unicorn U have to still find players for 2021. Lot's of moving pieces with all that has been going on since March. 2021 for sure have had it the worse imo. Take you time and visit the campuses. My dd is looking to fill three "official" visits and get a tour of the schools that fit some of her criteria. You can;t get everything you want but it's best to narrow down what is most important. School? Coach? Winning? Playing? Location location location is huge as well for many players. From what I hear, coaches at most schools are finalizing 2021 and looking to bring potential 2022 recruits after Jan 1st of 2021. I like that. Meet & Greet :) Be patient and don't rush unless the right fit is there. Coaches have a lot on their plate as well.

Pasadena to Glendale SC? I wish I had to drive that distance for my son's practices.

TGIF!!! Road to the ECNL Playoffs starts this weekend in Arizona baby at the first annual "Desert Pre-Season Kickoff Cup Scrimmage." Good luck to all the great teams and players looking to stay sharp and most importantly, stay in shape and be prepared to play in the hardest league in da country. Thank you to the great state of AZ for opening up your fields so a kid can still be a kid :)

Back