ECNL Fall schedules

I was primarily referring to the powers that be that aren't opening up the local facilities. They need to keep the big picture in mind unless they plan on enforcing a "hard" lockdown". As states around us open, people WILL travel to get what they can't get in CA. If it's the virus CA officials are concerned about, they would likely fare better with local games.
I understood that. Just my way of answering.:) Lot's of what has transpired with officials on C19 has been very blah.

There have been California teams who have already traveled to UT or AZ to play in tournaments and more teams are going out of state to play
tournaments this weekend and in the coming weeks . In addition if the ECNL schedule calls for all their games to be played out of state that's a whole of teams going out of state to play games.

I find it hard to believe these teams are going into tournaments or ECNL games without full contact practices and probably scrimmages , especially the older teams. Which as we all know California has banned.

What a terrible situation this will create. As more and more teams do full contact practices and scrimmages most others will soon follow .
And as long as they insist on no games in California , teams will still be doing contact practices and scrimmages to prepare for the out of state games while incurring more travel costs , travel time and if anything indirectly encouraging out of state travel which is probably not good covid behavior.

Bottom line, if the ban on games continue and the state does not have the resources to enforce the ban , perhaps they should recognize the unintended bad consequences of games being played out of state and allow games in Calif. In the 1920's prohibition could not be enforced and laws had to be changed, ( BTW I'm not a drinker. lol ) . And there are a lot of states allowing soccer games with some evidence of no problems. And the covid numbers in Calif are continuing to improve and are better then many state allowing games right now.

To continue the current situation seems pointless if not detrimental .
Some of these "teams" (not all are official teams/some are organized by parents) are practicing and scrimmaging (full contact) on the side and have been for weeks.

10-4 on that.

Going to take some deeper pockets to play out of state all fall. After a couple trips might be tiring I would imagine not to mention really need to play multiple games per trip to make it worth it.

Team buses are bound to be very pricey nowadays so parents going to have to foot the bill, drive, or pay airfare.

We know players that opted for RL...regional teams since they didn't see the value in traveling as much but where does this leave them?
I'm sure some AZ parents would have a wry chuckle at the potential travel costs, those being part and parcel for them playing in SoCal as many weekends as they do. Obviously, that's because that's the league and competition they want.

It is a tough ask, cost wise, especially if you didn't "sign-up" for it, as the AZ & NV teams do.

If they are really going to go to AZ to play SoCal teams, why wouldn't they do it in Yuma? It's still a spin, but with the right game times, its easily doable and you can dispense with the hotel/flight type expenses.

And to think EOTL guaranteed that So Cal teams would not be traveling to AZ or other places because of COVID.
GA schedule mirrors ECNL schedule - 100% travel to AZ for CA teams. The exception is the NOV showcase at Silverlakes - if it happens. The D1 dead period extension may kill it.

And to think EOTL guaranteed that So Cal teams would not be traveling to AZ or other places because of COVID.
I wouldn't be too smug. Both ECNL and GAL need SoCal, and SoCal doesn't need AZ. The last thing AZ needs is the SoCal powerhouses advocating for a SoCal only league (because their parents are pissed at the expenses this year) and that NV & AZ can form a mountain league with UT & NM. It really wouldn't be a big deal for either ECNL or GAL to acquiesce to that.

GA schedule mirrors ECNL schedule - 100% travel to AZ for CA teams. The exception is the NOV showcase at Silverlakes - if it happens. The D1 dead period extension may kill it.

Am I missing something? where are peeps seeing the ECNL schedule? (SW)

I wouldn't be too smug. Both ECNL and GAL need SoCal, and SoCal doesn't need AZ. The last thing AZ needs is the SoCal powerhouses advocating for a SoCal only league (because their parents are pissed at the expenses this year) and that NV & AZ can form a mountain league with UT & NM. It really wouldn't be a big deal for either ECNL or GAL to acquiesce to that.
Not smug. Just a months old back and forth with EOTL

Arizona covid cases are up significantly. There could be a chance they lock it down a bit. Then again, they didn’t really ever lock it down. Lol.

Unlikely AZ locks down. Read the entire article for context then compare to other metrics ( hospitalization, bed usage, etc)

"This is a result of advancements in testing, and includes recently classified positive antigen cases dating back over the previous several months," ADHS said in a blog post.

For that reason, the state will be adding a significantly higher number of cases for the next couple of days, according to ADHS.

THIS! I totally agree with you. This is so stupid. There is absolutely no need to travel. We have WAY more than enough comp up and down the state to safely play/scrimmage each other. The idea that we have to travel just to play makes absolutely no sense and is a recipe for disaster, in terms of injuries, etc... Traveling out of state would mean these would be our first games... NO! We should at minimum be able to scrimmage internally.
Write your Governor; local public health officials. Everyone knows, except themselves, the loons don’t follow the science; See how political it was when numnuts folded quickly to the pac 12 when he was in the spotlight.

Arizona covid cases are up significantly. There could be a chance they lock it down a bit. Then again, they didn’t really ever lock it down. Lol.

Actually cases are NOT up significantly.

I was listening to the news about it last night. The AZ Health Dept is adding in cases it had not counted for the past 1-4 months. The department indicated that over the next few days that we would see more numbers as they update their stats from the past.

So it’s true that ECNL schedules have Calif teams playing all their games in AZ ?

Can someone please post a link or copy of a schedule to confirm this . It seems not impossible just hard to believe. ( BTW I'm fine with it )

And in the history of this forum there have been a few posts that turned out not to be entirely true . Thanks

Actually cases are NOT up significantly.

I was listening to the news about it last night. The AZ Health Dept is adding in cases it had not counted for the past 1-4 months. The department indicated that over the next few days that we would see more numbers as they update their stats from the past.
So in other words, Arizona was underreporting the severity of the situation and are now correcting the record.

So it’s true that ECNL schedules have Calif teams playing all their games in AZ ?

Can someone please post a link or copy of a schedule to confirm this . It seems not impossible just hard to believe. ( BTW I'm fine with it )

And in the history of this forum there have been a few posts that turned out not to be entirely true . Thanks
As DH mentioned they are not posted but being given to teams individually.

Am I missing something? where are peeps seeing the ECNL schedule? (SW)

When there on the web site under schedule with actual dates, time, and fields then it's on.

Usclub is under a bit of heat in california, the don't ask don't tell things receiving mixed results. Posting schedules now will pretty much conced that their generic protocols & return to play haven't been followed according to local and state guidance.

The speak easy scheduling is fine but let's call it what it is.

Back