ECNL Fall schedules

So, the powers that be believe it is better to have families travel out of state to play soccer instead of opening local facilities to club teams so that they can play locally? Is this more "science", or am I misunderstanding what is going on?
THIS! I totally agree with you. This is so stupid. There is absolutely no need to travel. We have WAY more than enough comp up and down the state to safely play/scrimmage each other. The idea that we have to travel just to play makes absolutely no sense and is a recipe for disaster, in terms of injuries, etc... Traveling out of state would mean these would be our first games... NO! We should at minimum be able to scrimmage internally.

THIS! I totally agree with you. This is so stupid. There is absolutely no need to travel. We have WAY more than enough comp up and down the state to safely play/scrimmage each other. The idea that we have to travel just to play makes absolutely no sense and is a recipe for disaster, in terms of injuries, etc... Traveling out of state would mean these would be our first games... NO! We should at minimum be able to scrimmage internally.

@ Dubs- I can't agree with you more. Here in Norcal we have Thorns, MLVA, Mustangs, San Juan, Davis, Rage and others we can scrimmage. Why can't we? Is it a clubs decision not to or is it some type of insurance liability with clubs?

Agree. Traveling out-of-state to play is just not worth it to me. Not when there is so much local competition.

Side-note: Has Thorns gone back to being called De Anza Force? My kids are saying that's what they've heard...

@ Dubs- I can't agree with you more. Here in Norcal we have Thorns, MLVA, Mustangs, San Juan, Davis, Rage and others we can scrimmage. Why can't we? Is it a clubs decision not to or is it some type of insurance liability with clubs?
I'm off my meds Bushes and today I think I might get banned for life from the forum. I feel so much in my heart and it's over flowing now. What in the wild world of sports is going on in California. Gee, I'm so confused.......lol!!!!!!!

Sounds like they just want to get it going and playing out of state is the only way.
I was primarily referring to the powers that be that aren't opening up the local facilities. They need to keep the big picture in mind unless they plan on enforcing a "hard" lockdown". As states around us open, people WILL travel to get what they can't get in CA. If it's the virus CA officials are concerned about, they would likely fare better with local games.

I was primarily referring to the powers that be that aren't opening up the local facilities. They need to keep the big picture in mind unless they plan on enforcing a "hard" lockdown". As states around us open, people WILL travel to get what they can't get in CA. If it's the virus CA officials are concerned about, they would likely fare better with local games.

10-4 on that.

Going to take some deeper pockets to play out of state all fall. After a couple trips might be tiring I would imagine not to mention really need to play multiple games per trip to make it worth it.

Team buses are bound to be very pricey nowadays so parents going to have to foot the bill, drive, or pay airfare.

We know players that opted for RL...regional teams since they didn't see the value in traveling as much but where does this leave them?

There have been California teams who have already traveled to UT or AZ to play in tournaments and more teams are going out of state to play
tournaments this weekend and in the coming weeks . In addition if the ECNL schedule calls for all their games to be played out of state that's a whole of teams going out of state to play games.

I find it hard to believe these teams are going into tournaments or ECNL games without full contact practices and probably scrimmages , especially the older teams. Which as we all know California has banned.

What a terrible situation this will create. As more and more teams do full contact practices and scrimmages most others will soon follow .
And as long as they insist on no games in California , teams will still be doing contact practices and scrimmages to prepare for the out of state games while incurring more travel costs , travel time and if anything indirectly encouraging out of state travel which is probably not good covid behavior.

Bottom line, if the ban on games continue and the state does not have the resources to enforce the ban , perhaps they should recognize the unintended bad consequences of games being played out of state and allow games in Calif. In the 1920's prohibition could not be enforced and laws had to be changed, ( BTW I'm not a drinker. lol ) . And there are a lot of states allowing soccer games with some evidence of no problems. And the covid numbers in Calif are continuing to improve and are better then many state allowing games right now.

To continue the current situation seems pointless if not detrimental .

10-4 on that.

Going to take some deeper pockets to play out of state all fall. After a couple trips might be tiring I would imagine not to mention really need to play multiple games per trip to make it worth it.

Team buses are bound to be very pricey nowadays so parents going to have to foot the bill, drive, or pay airfare.

We know players that opted for RL...regional teams since they didn't see the value in traveling as much but where does this leave them?
I was joking on another thread that I was flying to AZ for back to back. I dont have the scratch for that but I wish I did. Were doing this on the cheap. Air b n b right next to reach 11 and then come home. I'm sure girls will go to a movie and maybe swim. I will stay alone and not go out except for take out. Kind of a self stay home rule. I wear my mask all the time when out and about.

Back