ECNL Expansion In Socal SW Division

In theory, their olders (04/05, 06, 07) next year will be very strong, stronger than at least two clubs in the state.
Yeah they might be stronger vs AZ Thunder and or Inferno.

If you are talking about other ECNL clubs I am not sure what you base that on.

Royals ripped through GA at most age groups. This year? Not so much. So you cannot possibly look at GA records and assume a win rate will then apply if playing in SW ECNL.

I don't believe del Sol has played any of the local AZ ECNL teams this year.

By the way I just looked that the record of the 05s. They have not won a game in their division. Most of the 04s are moving on. And you are making the claim that next years 04/05 team will be one of the best?

I know you are a homer, but please.

Lets review.

In division games. Half of the clubs teams cannot even manage a win. And that is in a division weaker vs the SW GA division. That isn't the del Sol of old. That tells you that talent has left the club by and large. You sound like a parent whose team does well in the local state leagues and thinks that record would translate vs a lot tougher competition in other leagues. Year by year del Sol looks weaker.

U13
0-7-0

U14
0-5-2

U15
7-0-0

U16
4-2-1

U17
0-4-3

U18/19
3-3-1

By the way I just looked that the record of the 05s. They have not won a game in their division. Most of the 04s are moving on. And you are making the claim that next years 04/05 team will be one of the best?

I know you are a homer, but please.

Lets review.

In division games. Half of the clubs teams cannot even manage a win. And that is in a division weaker vs the SW GA division. That isn't the del Sol of old. That tells you that talent has left the club by and large. You sound like a parent whose team does well in the local state leagues and thinks that record would translate vs a lot tougher competition in other leagues. Year by year del Sol looks weaker.

While I don't know all the ins and outs of AZ soccer, looking at the GA schedule you can see that DS 05's beat 2 SW teams last weekend, City SC and Albion SD, who are 2 and 3 in the SW division. Doesn't appear that the SW division is stronger like you suggest.

Anyone have any insight as to who the various age groups coaches ECNL Pateadores?
Only Rumors but
08-Hammond
07-Dodge
06-Duerksen
05/04-?
Definitely need to hire more coaches. They should try to get the Swanson Brothers from West Coast. Future isn't bright over there.

When you say next year, is that 22-23 season or 23-34 season?
Great question. I was told the same thing last year that Strikers were out of ECNL and this ((last season)) year was it and no more ECNL and connections. But here we are, still playing. I'm so confused. I feel bad for coaches, players and parents who are trying to play in ECNL and stuck in the middle. I was told back in 2016 that Blues played Kickball, had only kickball coaches and will not get invited to the GDA and will be ECNL only. I will see what I can find out and get back to you.

Last edited:
I
Great question. I was told the same thing last year that Strikers were out of ECNL and this ((last season)) year was it and no more ECNL and connections. But here we are, still playing. I'm so confused. I feel bad for coaches, players and parents who are trying to play in ECNL and stuck in the middle. I was told back in 2016 that Blues played Kickball, had only kickball coaches and will not get invited to the GDA and will be ECNL only. I will see what I can find out and get back to you.
Guess a rumor, is just that....a rumor. I assume they would of already announced it if it was for 22/23 season. Especially since ECNL already announced clubs that were added for the 22/23 season.

I

Guess a rumor, is just that....a rumor. I assume they would of already announced it if it was for 22/23 season. Especially since ECNL already announced clubs that were added for the 22/23 season.
It sucks if you follow a coach who is also chasing the ECNL or the highest letter league at the time, just like the parents and the player. Do they have a "clubs that have been dropped for the 2022/2023 season?

It sucks if you follow a coach who is also chasing the ECNL or the highest letter league at the time, just like the parents and the player. Do they have a "clubs that have been dropped for the 2022/2023 season?
I dont think so, but not 100% sure.

I dont think so, but not 100% sure.
We all know what May means around here. It's nice not to worry about next season as a customer. Rumor mill and poaching all go together will hit the waiver wire soon and the rumors will be flying all over about next season. Having the right bait on the hook is super important during Spring time as well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they kick out strikers girls from ECNL. To my understanding, people in power are still mad when strikers boys went to mls next.
Bottom line there’s too many ECNL teams already in south oc. I told some of the strikers coaches to find a new market and not be the 4th option in south oc. I would bet 20% of the ECNL players come from north oc, Long Beach, and other cities far from the great park region.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they kick out strikers girls from ECNL. To my understanding, people in power are still mad when strikers boys went to mls next.
Bottom line there’s too many ECNL teams already in south oc. I told some of the strikers coaches to find a new market and not be the 4th option in south oc. I would bet 20% of the ECNL players come from north oc, Long Beach, and other cities far from the great park region.
Ahh... Lovin the drama + welcome to the world of regulation. (If the rumor is true )

The problem for ECNL is if Strikers feel like they're going to get booted from the club, they'll go to GA before ECNL has a chance to make the announcement. Sounds like they're 1/2 way there with MLS Next on thr boys side.

Booting the sucky teams might seem like a good idea but good teams need bad teams to look good. If theres no bad teams it will become an arms race for all the top teams.

Ahh... Lovin the drama + welcome to the world of regulation. (If the rumor is true )

The problem for ECNL is if Strikers feel like they're going to get booted from the club, they'll go to GA before ECNL has a chance to make the announcement. Sounds like they're 1/2 way there with MLS Next on thr boys side.

Booting the sucky teams might seem like a good idea but good teams need bad teams to look good. If theres no bad teams it will become an arms race for all the top teams.
What makes you think good teams need to play weak teams at all? 99% of the time, it works out just like you expect.

It’s a waste of time for all kids involved, and demoralizing for kid on the down side.

The biggest problem with ECNL is the flying all over the place to play second rate teams. At some point, you have to ask why the league wants parents to spend a thousand dollars per kid on travel, just to prove that a top team can wipe the walls with the 378th best team in the nation.

The biggest problem with ECNL is the flying all over the place to play second rate teams. At some point, you have to ask why the league wants parents to spend a thousand dollars per kid on travel, just to prove that a top team can wipe the walls with the 378th best team in the nation.

We will get to a point where there will be a league to develop girls to play pro. The women’s game is growing fast especially in Europe. 92,000 fans watched Barca play Real Madrid last month. Trinity Rodman played 1 year in college and now singed a massive contract. We still have ways to go but eventually it can happen.
NWSL will start developing their academies or linking up with some of the local youth clubs.
The whole college-scholarship value proposition from ECNL is a joke. Dad4 is correct, the amount of money spent traveling over the years plus fees doesn’t really make sense unless you get 75% to 100% scholarship.

We will get to a point where there will be a league to develop girls to play pro. The women’s game is growing fast especially in Europe. 92,000 fans watched Barca play Real Madrid last month. Trinity Rodman played 1 year in college and now singed a massive contract. We still have ways to go but eventually it can happen.
NWSL will start developing their academies or linking up with some of the local youth clubs.
The whole college-scholarship value proposition from ECNL is a joke. Dad4 is correct, the amount of money spent traveling over the years plus fees doesn’t really make sense unless you get 75% to 100% scholarship.
TR went pro out of high school, no? I was sold pro when my dd was 12, 100%. Meaning, she was asked if she too would like to go full time home school and full time soccer. I even came on here to ask some questions about girls going pro and I got hammered and laughed at for saying my dd was sold pro. She was sold fully funded by all the top clubs in socal and so much more. The GDA thought high school soccer was horrible and college soccer was kickball and dangerous and no passing league and not pretty soccer and that the world was watching and something had to be done. That's when the crazy travel ball started. I'm telling you that the rich parents were all over this league. Dad's bought clubs and dads got BOD positions. 25% of the games your kid is guaranteed to start and a chance to make the YNT Lsit so they can go to Big U and you as parent can brag on Insta and FB. These were starts btw, not just a few minutes of play time. Oh what money can buy....lol! Elon just bought a seat at the table so we know how this sport is played. The great OM went Pro before TR too so look at the future and the best will go pro and skip the brutal life of a top college soccer player. Like the great Maps said, only the true Unicorns can handle the college girls soccer life at Big U. You need to have the best GPA, best SAT, volunteers 10 hours week helping others, do all your homework, train 5 days a week to be the best of the best player, eat super perfect and don't gain weight, no real parties and no boyfriend. BTW, I blushed when the Doc and top new coaches told me about the future for my 12 year old if she would go full time and move to great Northwest and live with the Pros and train with them.

Last edited:
Back