ECNL club map 21-22 Season

So no dual roster spots or those discovery players? LAFC was #1 in Socal and Real SC olders will be very good. I'm just trying to prepare myself for reality brother. I do what leave club soccer as a winner too you know.

no and still only one team in ecnl and one team in RL per age group as Real just renamed to LAFC Socal Youth..... thanks and yes in it to win it you and me both brotha

Can Real now LAFC So Cal Youth get a shoutout too especially 2006!! #1 club in the country is LAFC Slammers now HB Koge..... I think Blues and Surf can push them..... maybe Beach Real and Legends too in some age groups....... LA Breakers I like how they play but I don't see them ever being #1..... the SW is too dam stacked but they a long with Strikers and Rising and Heat will be consistent over a season........

I have to disagree about standings and I think enough games have been played the last couple season to see a clear top middle and bottom by the statistics.......

prayers that your talented DD has an injury free last year of club my friend!!!

#1 club in the country LAFC ‘06 HB Kobe just lost to SD Surf 0-3 in the final of Surf Cup.
ECNL needs to get their act together…they haven’t updated any scores from weeks ago from the ECNL final 8 in Richmond.
The rankings are a bit out of date and wrong.

#1 club in the country LAFC ‘06 HB Kobe just lost to SD Surf 0-3 in the final of Surf Cup.
ECNL needs to get their act together…they haven’t updated any scores from weeks ago from the ECNL final 8 in Richmond.

I know this……. But Yes, number one club is correct…..straight facts…….but Surf are the best 06 team in socali IMO…..

The 3 clubs that left, did so because ECNL requires their top team to be in ECNL. Since their "top team" would now be in MLS Next, they were breaking the contract and were ushered out (except for Strikers who left on their own after a single ECNL season). Their ECRL equivalent ("second team") goes to Elite Academy League.

In regards to Sharks and Breakers, I was referencing them not being relegated as apparently that seemed to happen on the girls side (earlier post). Sharks and Breakers are perennial bottom feeders and get hammered in most games. A top league like ECNL should have some standards unless its all about the money (no pun intended).

Please take the entire ECNL program when you make your labels (bottom-feeders). Thank you.

Attachments

• 2020-21 ECNL Finals Standings.jpg
    2020-21 ECNL Finals Standings.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 100
Please take the entire ECNL program when you make your labels (bottom-feeders). Thank you.

He was referring to boys…. Are you a DS or DD parent? The chart you posted is for girls only…… Dominic separated the sections now to stop confusion …… but making this clear before arguments erupt….. gots to read closely…. Sharks making changes in girls side so hopefully they can rise from the bottom and become more competitive as they really should be……..

No clue about boys ecnl as only one of my kids is still playing.......but if girls ecnl are doing demotion then throw the poor Sharks name into the mix again...... stone cold last by quite some distance from the next two clubs Arsenal CA and Rebels.......when we lived down there sharks always struggled and it is amazing that even becoming an ECNL club did not change their fortunes.......the table below is not pretty reading if your a DMCV fan.....

1627353598782.png
Did you make that? I am curious about this for the Pacific/Northwest (Portland, Boise, Seattle, Spokane, Colorado) girls teams last Spring.

Why do you care so much about rankings at this age? Most parents have gotten the rankings bug out of their system by U12. You know they're meaningless, right?

Also a big asterisk on this chart as the ecnl girls schedule was not the same for all clubs last year in SW due to covid. It will be difficult to make comparisons next year as well with the way scheduling is set up. Relegation is not and will not be on the table for ECNL. We should all just root for competitive teams and games throughout the SW conference. If all teams improve, so will our DDs. Don't get so worked up over who is better than whom. It really doesn't matter, big picture.

Also a big asterisk on this chart as the ecnl girls schedule was not the same for all clubs last year in SW due to covid. It will be difficult to make comparisons next year as well with the way scheduling is set up. Relegation is not and will not be on the table for ECNL. We should all just root for competitive teams and games throughout the SW conference. If all teams improve, so will our DDs. Don't get so worked up over who is better than whom. It really doesn't matter, big picture.

I agree with your general sentiment especially about people who get worked up...... but it worth mentioning that many people like to have data to back up their arguments.......this is a forum for people that are youth soccer enthusiasts so we like to chat about clubs and teams.......it's silly but fun.....my DD's club is not ranked 1 2 or 3 so I am not chest thumping........ but to talk about "Asteriks" and even next year not counting is kinda weak as the last two years the clubs at the top, bottom and middle have been very similar...... that pattern is of interest........ minor schedule differences..... and they were only minor.......have less affect than injuries or blown referee calls...... it's useful to know how programs perform as it helps parents make informed decisions........ not every one can or wants to play at Blues or Koge Slammers but I would rather not put my daughter on a team getting blasted every week and neither would she......competitive games are great and so clubs who can provide those are what is needed..... throw in development and a happy environment and that is the trifecta that our kids deserve

..... not every one can or wants to play at Blues or Koge Slammers but I would rather not put my daughter on a team getting blasted every week and neither would she......competitive games are great and so clubs who can provide those are what is needed..... throw in development and a happy environment and that is the trifecta that our kids deserve

I get what you're saying, but it's still better than riding the pine on a winning team. More playtime against high quality opponents week in and week out is really what matters at the end of the day. I think a 70 to 100% playtime player on a bottom 3 club/team gets more out of the ECNL experience than a 0 to 30% playtime player on a top 3 club/team. This of course assumes parent/player expectations are set correctly and can deal with losing regularly.

Back