ECNL Club List for 2021-2022

But LA Surf for the 2020-2021 season has GA and ECRL like Beach Legends Pats West Coast. Beach and Legends get ECNL, West Coast does not and goes all in GA. What is LA Surf doing for 2021-2022? And Pats?

It's all so confusing. My DD in the last 3 or 4 years has played against all of those clubs SoCal Academy flight 1, LA Premier DPL, LA Surf DA, LA Surf GA, Strikers ECRL, and it feels like the same players every time and we never know what the team was the year before. But I did recognize Chavez with Strikers.
Everything was good from Feb-May 2019 when it was just SoCal Academy and SGV Surf changing to LA Surf. It was when LA Premier came after the DA season ended. A lot of girls from SoCal Academy left LA Premier in the past and wanted no part of them. That's basically the reason why the SoCal Academy 05 and 07 team left and went to LA Breakers ECNL. So now, LA Surf is basically just LA Premier with new uniforms. And some of the Breakers ECNL players left and went to Strikers ECRL. I agree, it is confusing. It's like a roulette wheel and you never know which number (or team) the ball will land on...

You should be good @crush, wrap up the final season and finally not have to worry about the landscape always changing.

Most of the rumors I heard of the Strikers girls losing out on ECNL were / are geared around them losing out on ECNL the following year. They've done a lot in terms of trying to solidifying the coaching staff and bringing in other teams / clubs to expand their player pool. They still need to do something to streamline a central location for the club and not have the ECNL / ECRL teams in different regions, IMO.
why are they at risk of losing ECNL?

I'm not sure how that came to be. I think he knew he needed a connection with an ECNL club to get girls to join LASC seeing he left the DA Surf team before DA became no more. No way ECNL brings on a brand new club like LASC, the club needs a good history before ECNL looks at them. That's why LA Surf came to get SoCal Academy cause SCA was trying to get into ECNL but was too small of a club. So along comes Surf to "save the day" with talks about SCA becoming LA Surf to get ECNL. Of course, that never happened.
and I don't see the benefit for strikers?

and I don't see the benefit for strikers?
I don’t either. I don’t know if Strikers had an 05 and 07 ECRL team the previous season, but if they did then they got pushed aside to make room for the LASC/Striker teams it went ECRL. Same thing happened when SoCal went to Breakers, those 2 ENCL teams (05 & 07) got moved down to ECRL and it wasn’t pretty (think the 07 was a “Pre ECNL” at the time).
what I’m saying if when there are moves like this, players and teams get moved down which can rock the boat.

I don’t either. I don’t know if Strikers had an 05 and 07 ECRL team the previous season, but if they did then they got pushed aside to make room for the LASC/Striker teams it went ECRL. Same thing happened when SoCal went to Breakers, those 2 ENCL teams (05 & 07) got moved down to ECRL and it wasn’t pretty (think the 07 was a “Pre ECNL” at the time).
what I’m saying if when there are moves like this, players and teams get moved down which can rock the boat.
Are there any ECNL clubs in the SGV? Seems like the benefit for the Strikers would be access to talent in that region, who have parents that can't or wont drive an hour to get to practice.

Strikers had teams but was struggling to get ecrl teams together in some age groups and I believe that is the reason that they form a partnership with LASC.

Chavez equals team instability he’s not happy unless he is running things in the club. That’s why he moves arounds so much. He does have a group of parents who believe in him and will follow him.he’s one of those coaches who is always looking for greener pastures.i was told Strikers is discussing a move to GA voluntarily but it’s possible they’re being forced out.

Can ya'll stop with the Strikers may lose ECNL bit. It is not even remotely true. There is zero basis for this. Just go look at the standings and ask yourself why they would kick out a founding member who finishes higher in the standings than many old and new clubs. Their status is solid. People spread rumors every year to try to destabilize teams so they can poach their players. Now whether Strikers is considering leaving on their own to go to GA? I have no idea. But that would be a surprising move for any So Cal club to choose.

Back