ECNL Club List for 2021-2022

Looks like a list dropped on SoccerWire for the new clubs being added to ECNL for the 2021-2022 season. No surprise to see Beach and Legends back in the fray.

Dodged a bullet finally. Looks like Strikers FC have a girls ECNL team after all, yay!!! Good luck to all the teams for next year and welcome aboard Beach & Legends. This will be an epic year and I look forward to watching the games with a renewed sense of appreciation of life and the freedom we almost gave up :)

Were you getting worried?
I have past soccer trauma Hound and you know all about it so yes, I'm always worried this time of the year. However, I feel 99% good :) I believe I owe you a beer, right? My dd got whacked in HSS and is still nursing her injuries but your team won and fair is fair. We never said our dd had to play, right? I do have a favor to ask; can we do double or nothing towards next years 2021/2022 game? Also, is AZ in Southwest Division or will it be called, Socal Division? Look forward to catching up in AZ in the fall bro and I will buy you a brew. Eagle, you can come to and drink your keg. In fact, anyone who wants to start over with me and hang out like old times, you can come as well. I'm thinking AZ Fall Showcase? I would also like to challenge you to a round of golf Hound when I see you next. You up for that bro? How many strokes you given me?

I have past soccer trauma Hound and you know all about it so yes, I'm always worried this time of the year. However, I feel 99% good :) I believe I owe you a beer, right? My dd got whacked in HSS and is still nursing her injuries but your team won and fair is fair. We never said our dd had to play, right? I do have a favor to ask; can we do double or nothing towards next years 2021/2022 game? Also, is AZ in Southwest Division or will it be called, Socal Division? Look forward to catching up in AZ in the fall bro and I will buy you a brew. Eagle, you can come to and drink your keg. In fact, anyone who wants to start over with me and hang out like old times, you can come as well. I'm thinking AZ Fall Showcase? I would also like to challenge you to a round of golf Hound when I see you next. You up for that bro? How many strokes you given me?
Eh the bet is no fun if one of the DDs isn't there. As such the bet doesn't count. So the bet is on for next year.

Our coach indicated a couple of days ago that we are in the SW division for next year.

Golf is good too by the way.

Eh the bet is no fun if one of the DDs isn't there. As such the bet doesn't count. So the bet is on for next year.

Our coach indicated a couple of days ago that we are in the SW division for next year.

Golf is good too by the way.
Wow, I love you man :) I was thinking that too but I didn't want to be a sore loser like other folks we both know. Losers who can;t lose graciously are complete asshats and losers all in one. It's on bro. I heard some good things about your roster for next year so going to AZ on the road will be no pick Nick.

Dodged a bullet finally. Looks like Strikers FC have a girls ECNL team after all, yay!!! Good luck to all the teams for next year and welcome aboard Beach & Legends. This will be an epic year and I look forward to watching the games with a renewed sense of appreciation of life and the freedom we almost gave up :)
Strikers are on the right track specially with DR in charge now.

Dodged a bullet finally. Looks like Strikers FC have a girls ECNL team after all, yay!!!
You should be good @crush, wrap up the final season and finally not have to worry about the landscape always changing.

Most of the rumors I heard of the Strikers girls losing out on ECNL were / are geared around them losing out on ECNL the following year. They've done a lot in terms of trying to solidifying the coaching staff and bringing in other teams / clubs to expand their player pool. They still need to do something to streamline a central location for the club and not have the ECNL / ECRL teams in different regions, IMO.

You should be good @crush, wrap up the final season and finally not have to worry about the landscape always changing.

Most of the rumors I heard of the Strikers girls losing out on ECNL were / are geared around them losing out on ECNL the following year. They've done a lot in terms of trying to solidifying the coaching staff and bringing in other teams / clubs to expand their player pool. They still need to do something to streamline a central location for the club and not have the ECNL / ECRL teams in different regions, IMO.
Ya, that's horrible BS kind of rumor too for any business trying to grow in the tough OC market share because 8th graders and 9th graders are trying to play in ECNL and Strikers is a good fit for many. However, we always will have the, "well, did you hear about this and that and next year this will happen?" That sucks because last I heard Tech, we only know about today. Not all the kids can make the grade with the likes of the Blues, Slammers and the Surfs of the world so it's nice to have other options.

Ya, that's horrible BS kind of rumor too for any business trying to grow in the tough OC market share because 8th graders and 9th graders are trying to play in ECNL and Strikers is a good fit for many. However, we always will have the, "well, did you hear about this and that and next year this will happen?" That sucks because last I heard Tech, we only know about today. Not all the kids can make the grade with the likes of the Blues, Slammers and the Surfs of the world so it's nice to have other options.
Definitely, it's that competition / option that keeps the "bigs" on their toes and hopefully combined with consumers spending their money in the right places, is what leads to the product being better for all.

ECRL is out of what region? I know the ECNL is strikers north correct?

what is LASC?
LASC is all the LA Surf teams that broke away from Surf after last season. The DOC is Chavez who was the DOC at SoCal Academy which; as most of you know; became LA Surf back in Feb 2019. That marriage didn't last long when Surf threw one hell of a curveball and had LA Premier join in May 2019 (day after the DA season ended). Think of LASC as his plan of making SoCal Academy version 2.0
LASC also has a couple of old SGV Surf (which became LA Surf also) in their group.

LASC is all the LA Surf teams that broke away from Surf after last season. The DOC is Chavez who was the DOC at SoCal Academy which; as most of you know; became LA Surf back in Feb 2019. That marriage didn't last long when Surf threw one hell of a curveball and had LA Premier join in May 2019 (day after the DA season ended). Think of LASC as his plan of making SoCal Academy version 2.0
LASC also has a couple of old SGV Surf (which became LA Surf also) in their group.
why the relationship with strikers?

why the relationship with strikers?
I'm not sure how that came to be. I think he knew he needed a connection with an ECNL club to get girls to join LASC seeing he left the DA Surf team before DA became no more. No way ECNL brings on a brand new club like LASC, the club needs a good history before ECNL looks at them. That's why LA Surf came to get SoCal Academy cause SCA was trying to get into ECNL but was too small of a club. So along comes Surf to "save the day" with talks about SCA becoming LA Surf to get ECNL. Of course, that never happened.

But LA Surf for the 2020-2021 season has GA and ECRL like Beach Legends Pats West Coast. Beach and Legends get ECNL, West Coast does not and goes all in GA. What is LA Surf doing for 2021-2022? And Pats?

It's all so confusing. My DD in the last 3 or 4 years has played against all of those clubs SoCal Academy flight 1, LA Premier DPL, LA Surf DA, LA Surf GA, Strikers ECRL, and it feels like the same players every time and we never know what the team was the year before. But I did recognize Chavez with Strikers.

Back