EA League!

Come on guys, people need to jump off this 'elite' BS bandwagon and stop with the marketing. Elite is the most overused word in youth soccer and the continued use of it is just embarrassing. The fact we have 'Elite' and 'Academy' making up two of the three words tells its own story.

A new league starts every year and each one is going to make your kid into a superstar. Watch all of the clubs celebrate their acceptance into this new elite/academy/pathway/development/superstar/national competition. *sigh*

Come on guys, people need to jump off this 'elite' BS bandwagon and stop with the marketing. Elite is the most overused word in youth soccer and the continued use of it is just embarrassing. The fact we have 'Elite' and 'Academy' making up two of the three words tells its own story.

A new league starts every year and each one is going to make your kid into a superstar. Watch all of the clubs celebrate their acceptance into this new elite/academy/pathway/development/superstar/national competition. *sigh*

Its crazy they don’t even try to hide it anymore. All it takes is a a really cool logo with The words super, elite, academy, development, premier etc. My goodness it’s a cash grab. Sad thing is that works and 90% of parents fall for it because they want what’s best for there kid, no shame in that. Parents are sitting ducks with there wallets wide open. These clubs that are accepted will reap the benefits, all of a sudden they’re tryouts will be full of kids wanting to play in this super elite league. Soon we will have an elite u5 super league with toddlers and Elite Nike size 2 balls.

Pretty simple...all those clubs couldn't get in to ECNL or MLS Academy so they had to create something new so they keep their players from running away. It's also the way to keep fees going up.
Reminds me of this song. "Please, we love your goals, were begging you to stay, please dont go"

Last edited:
Pretty simple...all those clubs couldn't get in to ECNL or MLS Academy so they had to create something new so they keep their players from running away. It's also the way to keep fees going up.
That might apply to the three Elite Academy League-only clubs, but the rest of the clubs are former DA clubs that are already in the MLS Academy League.

You are right but this is targeting younger players now u11 u10.

Former DA clubs? Those clubs never had full DA.
Clubs that only had some age groups were still listed as DA clubs by US Soccer, but that’s kind of irrelevant now. I was just pointing out that they have already been named MLS EYDP clubs, so they didn’t join this league because they had been denied access to the MLS league. They’re just putting their B teams in this league

View attachment 7982
Guaranteed to make your kid into Pulisic or your money back!
I actually thought this was a joke graphic made by one of us disillusioned soccer parents, and had to look it up to see that this is a real thing. There was a thread last year where we were all making fun of the "Premier-Elite-Pathway-Development-Academy" league marketing that these bozos keep pushing. I guess there's a new sucker born every day, right?

My daughters have played in just about every "elite" league out there (plus Far West Regionals and Kansas for Nat Champ series of youth) and the only ones that have "true" girls competition are ECNL (by far the best) and CRL (a few bad teams but most are good and you need to qualify to get in. Upper half can play in any ECNL league. Plus, a nice playoff system for advancement to Far West). Crap leagues, which we have played, are NPL, Coast, DPL, SCDSL(non-discovery), all the rest. Just my opinion from an "elite" dad.

My daughters have played in just about every "elite" league out there (plus Far West Regionals and Kansas for Nat Champ series of youth) and the only ones that have "true" girls competition are ECNL (by far the best) and CRL (a few bad teams but most are good and you need to qualify to get in. Upper half can play in any ECNL league. Plus, a nice playoff system for advancement to Far West). Crap leagues, which we have played, are NPL, Coast, DPL, SCDSL(non-discovery), all the rest. Just my opinion from an "elite" dad.

CRL only has good teams at U-12 and below.... older than that and the level is barely better than SCDSL.....

Back