DOC here. Any questions on the inside dealings?

I call it lying and greed.
Sorry to tell you this but, nothing will ever be fair in life. Even for your daughter. Without a strong team, our coaches will run the risk of losing their job and revenue will drop.

Sorry to tell you this but, nothing will ever be fair in life. Even for your daughter. Without a strong team, our coaches will run the risk of losing their job and revenue will drop.
No need to be sorry. Thanks for being honest and I mean that 100%. Yes, life was not fair but your wrong that it will never be fair. The reason life is not fair is because you lie for a living. You teach your coaches to lie to parents by saying, "just lie to parents that ask about the "18" only.

Last edited:
I have a question! When clubs release/fire/let go of a coach, is it customary to pay them for the remainder of their contract, or is it based on their particular contract, or are they just let go? Just curious what the standard is.

I have a question! When clubs release/fire/let go of a coach, is it customary to pay them for the remainder of their contract, or is it based on their particular contract, or are they just let go? Just curious what the standard is.
At my club, we pay them for the remainder of the contract. We don't offer very long contracts maybe max 3 years at the most. Larger clubs in general will pay the remainder of the contract. Clubs running on a shoestring don't provide benefits and let go coaches or ask them to leave.

No need to be sorry. Thanks for being honest and I mean that 100%. Yes, life was not fair but your wrong that it will never be fair. The reason life is not fair is because you lie for a living. You teach your coaches to lie to parents by saying, "just lie to parents that ask about the "18" only.
I tell my GA/DPL coaches to do whatever it takes to win games. No lying involved.

I tell my GA/DPL coaches to do whatever it takes to win games. No lying involved.
Lie to win? I would do it like this is I was Doc
Parent: How many will you have on the roster Coach

Coach: I would like to only carry 18 but have room for 22.

Parent: Oh wow, so my kid and other kids might be left of the game day roster?

Coach: Yes. My boss told me my #1 job is to win and I will have open spots for top players.

Parent: Ok, no thanks

How Doc Paytoplayisgood teaches

Parent: How many you taking on the roster.

Coach who is taught to lie to win: I will only take 18.

Parent: Are you sure?

Coach: You have my word ((wink wink))

Parent: Here is my $3000.

Coach two weeks later before Showcase: Hey team, please welcome so and so and so and so. Their your new teammates. I will let two of you know during warm ups which of you will sit next to me so I can teach how pay to play is played.

Parent calls coach ((ring ring)): Hey coach, what's the deal here. You said 18 and now 20. That is a lie and I want my money back pal

Coach: Talk to my boss. He told me to lie to win. We all do dad. 5 teams x 2 extra players is extra $30,000 sucker. Now STFU and get lost.

Parent calls the boss: Hey, one of your coaches is a liar. He said only 18 and when I took dear dd to AZ for big showcase, he picked my kid to ride the pine first game so she can learn how pay to play is done

Doc: Did you get it in writing

Parent: What???? Are you freaking serious. I want my money back bro and I want it back now

Doc: I have these other teams to look at. I have spot on this team and that team

Parent: No, I want my money

Doc: Sorry Charlie, no money back. This is how college works. You need pay to play and earn to be in the top 18.

Parent: I'm going on the SoCal Soccer Forum and ask them if this how it's done

Doc: It would be best to STFU or else I will tell coaches you ask too many Qs

Lie to win? I would do it like this is I was Doc
Parent: How many will you have on the roster Coach

Coach: I would like to only carry 18 but have room for 22.

Parent: Oh wow, so my kid and other kids might be left of the game day roster?

Coach: Yes. My boss told me my #1 job is to win and I will have open spots for top players.

Parent: Ok, no thanks

How Doc Paytoplayisgood teaches

Parent: How many you taking on the roster.

Coach who is taught to lie to win: I will only take 18.

Parent: Are you sure?

Coach: You have my word ((wink wink))

Parent: Here is my $3000.

Coach two weeks later before Showcase: Hey team, please welcome so and so and so and so. Their your new teammates. I will let two of you know during warm ups which of you will sit next to me so I can teach how pay to play is played.

Parent calls coach ((ring ring)): Hey coach, what's the deal here. You said 18 and now 20. That is a lie and I want my money back pal

Coach: Talk to my boss. He told me to lie to win. We all do dad. 5 teams x 2 extra players is extra $30,000 sucker. Now STFU and get lost.

Parent calls the boss: Hey, one of your coaches is a liar. He said only 18 and when I took dear dd to AZ for big showcase, he picked my kid to ride the pine first game so she can learn how pay to play is done

Doc: Did you get it in writing

Parent: What???? Are you freaking serious. I want my money back bro and I want it back now

Doc: I have these other teams to look at. I have spot on this team and that team

Parent: No, I want my money

Doc: Sorry Charlie, no money back. This is how college works. You need pay to play and earn to be in the top 18.

Parent: I'm going on the SoCal Soccer Forum and ask them if this how it's done

Doc: It would be best to STFU or else I will tell coaches you ask too many Qs
I see nothing wrong with this. If you don't want to play competitive soccer (GA/ECNL/DPL/ECRL) then recreational non elite league soccer is for you. I will be more than happy to send your daughter to the lower teams.

I have some questions, sort of. Tell us about yourself. Why are you in this business? What motivated you to become a DOC at a soccer club? Is your screen name ironic, a troll-job, or do you really believe that statement? Full disclosure, I have a pretty negative view of all DOC's in general. I've only met two who I thought had a lot of integrity, were intelligent, and had good communication skills, and one of those got squeezed out/stepped down after a few years. The other ran a very small boutique club and I have no idea if they're still around. The rest were generally pretty poor on 2 out of those 3 qualities or just downright awful.

Regarding your comment "coaches will run the risk of losing their job" how long do clubs generally keep an underperforming coach? And in your opinion what is considered underperforming? Please feel free to answer or not answer any part of either question.

I have some questions, sort of. Tell us about yourself. Why are you in this business? What motivated you to become a DOC at a soccer club? Is your screen name ironic, a troll-job, or do you really believe that statement? Full disclosure, I have a pretty negative view of all DOC's in general. I've only met two who I thought had a lot of integrity, were intelligent, and had good communication skills, and one of those got squeezed out/stepped down after a few years. The other ran a very small boutique club and I have no idea if they're still around. The rest were generally pretty poor on 2 out of those 3 qualities or just downright awful.
A DOC is like the HR department at a big company.
Their job is to protect the COMPANY. They may plan some company events - but know that most of the time if you come to complain to them about an issue- they are focused on what is best for the company.

Regarding your comment "coaches will run the risk of losing their job" how long do clubs generally keep an underperforming coach? And in your opinion what is considered underperforming? Please feel free to answer or not answer any part of either question.
If a coach is underperforming in multiple teams, clubs tend to give them shorter times like around a year. Usually, the coach is just demoted to lower level teams. In my opinion, underperforming is when a coach tells everyone else his reasonable season expectations and doesn't reach it in anyway. Whether that be league standing, player morale, etc

That was on the boys side. On the girls side ecrl isn't a money grab.

That doesn't make sense. The boys need a place to place their second teams as well. Not understanding the distinction between the two and why the girls 2nd teams would be different than the boys. Not trying to gotcha. Honest question as I don't know the girls as well.

If a coach is underperforming in multiple teams, clubs tend to give them shorter times like around a year. Usually, the coach is just demoted to lower level teams. In my opinion, underperforming is when a coach tells everyone else his reasonable season expectations and doesn't reach it in anyway. Whether that be league standing, player morale, etc

I hate the word but isn't that somewhat "unfair". A coach only has the team for a certain amount of time (and whatever field time the club alots to them). Basically the results comes down to two things in the short term: a) recruitment, and b) certain methods they might be able to use to get an early leg up (recruit taller faster players only, long ball it, don't play out of the back) particularly at the younger ages.

That doesn't make sense. The boys need a place to place their second teams as well. Not understanding the distinction between the two and why the girls 2nd teams would be different than the boys. Not trying to gotcha. Honest question as I don't know the girls as well.

I hate the word but isn't that somewhat "unfair". A coach only has the team for a certain amount of time (and whatever field time the club alots to them). Basically the results comes down to two things in the short term: a) recruitment, and b) certain methods they might be able to use to get an early leg up (recruit taller faster players only, long ball it, don't play out of the back) particularly at the younger ages.
I tried to engage but I think we all know who this Bot belongs to. He might just be a shill or troll but whatever he is, he supports the Club and the Docs who lie to parents and I think it's time they pay some of us back. No one did what I did out of fear. Parents would always tell me at drinks that another coach lied again. Time to stop the lying is my attitude. Forking out $3,000 to be on a team of 18 is a contract folks. 100% verbal and a hand shake contract is binding in a court if you can prove it. 18 is a value number because a kid needs to play to be seen for big scholarship money.. I would also add a bait and switch to this heist as well. I'm not the only parent that this happen to, I just speak up.

I tried to engage but I think we all know who this Bot belongs to. He might just be a shill or troll but whatever he is, he supports the Club and the Docs who lie to parents and I think it's time they pay some of us back. No one did what I did out of fear. Parents would always tell me at drinks that another coach lied again. Time to stop the lying is my attitude. Forking out $3,000 to be on a team of 18 is a contract folks. 100% verbal and a hand shake contract is binding in a court if you can prove it. 18 is a value number because a kid needs to play to be seen. I would also add a bait and switch to this heist as well. I'm not the only parent that this happen to, I just speak up.

a verbal contract is not generally a contract if there is a written contract with the club. A written contract will have a mergers clause that supersede any oral agreement. It's why the McDonalds guys so famously got shafted out of their royalties as covered in the movie "Founder".

This also implies that the elite levels among the girls are somehow lesser than that of the boys. Because the MLS Academy teams reserve the right to bench you at any time and even the MLS Next teams mostly come with no assurances of play time (as I said, there's usually a second place goalkeeper that will barely see the field all season). It sucks, but that's the reality of the top flight. Where I agree with you is that the line should be drawn at the top flight....for anything less the behavior is inexcusable because there you are really just talking development. It also speaks to the need for a true elite flight among the girls instead of the mess they have with top players scattered across ECNL, GA and ERCL...most of those aren't truly elite and because there are less professional opportunities for the girls than the boys, the footprint really should be the size of MLS Academies or smaller.

a verbal contract is not generally a contract if there is a written contract with the club. A written contract will have a mergers clause that supersede any oral agreement. It's why the McDonalds guys so famously got shafted out of their royalties as covered in the movie "Founder".

This also implies that the elite levels among the girls are somehow lesser than that of the boys. Because the MLS Academy teams reserve the right to bench you at any time and even the MLS Next teams mostly come with no assurances of play time (as I said, there's usually a second place goalkeeper that will barely see the field all season). It sucks, but that's the reality of the top flight. Where I agree with you is that the line should be drawn at the top flight....for anything less the behavior is inexcusable because there you are really just talking development. It also speaks to the need for a true elite flight among the girls instead of the mess they have with top players scattered across ECNL, GA and ERCL...most of those aren't truly elite and because there are less professional opportunities for the girls than the boys, the footprint really should be the size of MLS Academies or smaller.
Not my contract. It's called a verbal amendment through texts, plus nowhere on my contrat did it say 18 or 22 for that matter. It was none issue until I got the skinny of this liar. I know how this game is played, trust me. First off, I know what I signed Grace T. I can read still and not too dumb dumb. I also have text and email for years. They all lied except one man. Bait and switch as well. Sign up for one league ((when they already knew the next week it's DPL)) and then be told. "sorry sucker, we lied to get your money first." I would love for everyone to who got burned to get a few grand back, what say you? Depositions is where the Truth comes to light and the liars are exposed. It was just an idea. Dude told me to STFU.

Last edited:
Oh oh, someone is threaten and sending text again. Who runs soccer right now you guys? Don't be threaten Doc boys in the club. It was just a thought and it would be cool to see some parents get some relief for all the lies over the years. I know one dad who spent over $50,000 the last four years and what he told me happen to him is insane.

Last edited:
To the OP: I see you have neglected to reply to my question. Very telling. But never mind. I don't care to hear your answer. I'll stick with my initial assessment of you after you posted this idiotic statement on another thread:

if your club isn't in ecnl or ga. your not good enough for college

As the parent of a college player, I know precisely how stupid that statement is.

From a clubs point of view, what is the overall opinion of team managers? Are they appreciated? Are they a p.i.t.a? In your opinion do they deserve special treatment? Extra playing time for their kid? What are your thoughts in general?

Back