DMCV Sharks Girls Director

Heard from a friend in that area...they probably won't make it beyond this season...combination of pandemic and nothing to offer beyond DPL.
Heard it from friend as well bro. This is cut throat. I also heard from a pal that MW is the real deal and will be a great option for the locals who still want to do other things besides soccer 24/7, 365 days out of the year. Plus, I'm sure MW will allow for HSS? Deza is something different and rightfully so. Like the great Maps once said, their are probably only 3, 5 star players per age group in Socal. The rest are 4 star players and then all the rest are 3 star. 5 and 4 star should go to Deza to learn two touch and look to represent the USA some day. Most of the 4's and 3's can play HSS and other sports and look to sneak up on the 5s some day later maybe. Some 4's can become 5's if they want to work super duper hard and give up there're hole life but dont and some 3's could become 4's, but not 5s.

Heard from a friend in that area...they probably won't make it beyond this season...combination of pandemic and nothing to offer beyond DPL.
Tough position geographically; literally practice on the same fields as SDSC. Rebels picked up ECNL. Surf and DMCV are a short drive.
My DD played there for 1 year. When she left another 7 players also left. The following year they lost another 7. Losing 15 players off of any team is going to leave a mark.

Tough position geographically; literally practice on the same fields as SDSC. Rebels picked up ECNL. Surf and DMCV are a short drive.
My DD played there for 1 year. When she left another 7 players also left. The following year they lost another 7. Losing 15 players off of any team is going to leave a mark.
That was the past. New Sherriff in town to help clean the mess up in youth soccer. I just got off the phone with a contact who lives in Encinitas. MW is here to stay and a really good man + good coach= good times for the kids & parents. Bad man + bad coach= bad times for kids & parents.

I know this is a DMCV Sharks thread, but are we still calling that other club down the street SDSC now that they’re part of the Surf franchise?

Yeah, that's what I've heard... Too many clubs on top of each other dilutes the talent pool. MW will definitely shake up that area...potentially a good thing for all, will have to see what comes of it.

I know this is a DMCV Sharks thread, but are we still calling that other club down the street SDSC now that they’re part of the Surf franchise?
It was SDSC when my kid was at Force. I don't care what you (or anyone) calls them. Not trying to be snarky, just truly don't care.

Well, their official club name is now SDSC Surf, so yeah I still call them SDSC. I probably always will.

SD Loyal today announced Shannon MacMillan as their Vice President of Community Relations. Is this a part time gig alongside her other job? Or is there a Sharks update coming?

SD Loyal today announced Shannon MacMillan as their Vice President of Community Relations. Is this a part time gig alongside her other job? Or is there a Sharks update coming?
I'm hoping for an announcement.

Currently the DMCV Sharks website lists Shannon as "Executive Director & Coach" it would be a huge conflict of interest to try and be Loyal's Vice President of Community Relations and Sharks Executive Director & Coach at the same time.

If running both jobs is Shannons plan it's the Boards responsibility to replace her with someone that can focus all their attention on Sharks only.

I'm hoping for an announcement.

Currently the DMCV Sharks website lists Shannon as "Executive Director & Coach" it would be a huge conflict of interest to try and be Loyal's Vice President of Community Relations and Sharks Executive Director & Coach at the same time.

If running both jobs is Shannons plan it's the Boards responsibility to replace her with someone that can focus all their attention on Sharks only.

DMCV executive director would be the most applied for job in Youth Soccer if the salary stays the same.

You guys are being too harsh on DMCV, they were voted best Kids Sports League in North County. Take a look at their facebook page:
"Nine consecutive years! The @dmcvsharks have been awarded the Best Kids Sports League by the Best of North County Readers Poll! Great job Sharks!! @bestofnorthcountysd"

Someone should let ECNL know.

Attachments

• 242915317_1985259171639062_678673661542493293_n.jpg
    242915317_1985259171639062_678673661542493293_n.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 22
Coach MW formally at Albion has joined Sharks as their new director on the girls side. Many have posted their thoughts regarding Sharks and their performance in ECNL and have offered various suggestions (on other threads) as to how they move forward. Well here is a concrete action they have taken. Based on MW teams prior performances, level, and style of play this may be a positive step for those that hope to see the level of play in ECNL continue to be raised from top to bottom.
Thought I'd do a necro-bump of the old MW thread to see how things have changed 2.5 years since he left Albion and took over Sharks as the DOC.

G2011s are currently ranked 7th out of 8 teams in Sonoran ECNL
G2010s are currently ranked 5th out of 8 teams in Sonoran ECNL
G2009s are currently ranked 6th out of 8 teams in Sonoran ECNL
G2008s are currently ranked 7th out of 8 teams in Sonoran ECNL
G2007s are currently ranked 3rd out of 8 teams in Sonoran ECNL
G06/05s are currently ranked 8th out of 8 teams in Sonoran ECNL

G2011 Surf beat Sharks 8-0 11/5
G2010 Surf beat Sharks 11-0 11/5
G2009 Sharks beat Surf 3-1 11/5
G2008 Surf beat Sharks 4-0 11/5
G2007 Surf beat Sharks 5-0 11/5
G06/05 Surf beat Sharks 6-0 11/5

The numbers speak for themselves. Marginally better than before MW took over but unfortunately trending down.

Thought I'd do a necro-bump of the old MW thread to see how things have changed 2.5 years since he left Albion and took over Sharks as the DOC.

The numbers speak for themselves. Marginally better than before MW took over but unfortunately trending down.
Not a lot of change given the hype and $$$ spent on the MW hire. Sharks girls ECNL teams haven't improved and their girls ECRL teams would probably get relegated to Flight 1 if they were in Socal NPL leagues. But the ECNL/ECRL name sells and girls continue to leave smaller (and competing larger) clubs in the name of National Showcases and promises that a college coach will pop up in your email.

Problem is the talent level at Sharks isn't deep (they have a couple strong players at each age group) and without that, they continually get smoked by the top half of ECNL and ECRL. Until MW can find a way to put a group together that is talented top to bottom (the 07 team has a chance when they merge with younger 06's next year) they will continue to stay near the cellar of almost every age group. Will be tough when you are the league girls come to when they are not getting enough playing time at Surf, City, Albion, SDSC Surf and even Express/City San Marcos/Legends (their ECRL teams will take just about anyone willing to hand over the $3k reg fees + national travel costs).

Not a lot of change given the hype and $$$ spent on the MW hire. Sharks girls ECNL teams haven't improved and their girls ECRL teams would probably get relegated to Flight 1 if they were in Socal NPL leagues. But the ECNL/ECRL name sells and girls continue to leave smaller (and competing larger) clubs in the name of National Showcases and promises that a college coach will pop up in your email.

Problem is the talent level at Sharks isn't deep (they have a couple strong players at each age group) and without that, they continually get smoked by the top half of ECNL and ECRL. Until MW can find a way to put a group together that is talented top to bottom (the 07 team has a chance when they merge with younger 06's next year) they will continue to stay near the cellar of almost every age group. Will be tough when you are the league girls come to when they are not getting enough playing time at Surf, City, Albion, SDSC Surf and even Express/City San Marcos/Legends (their ECRL teams will take just about anyone willing to hand over the $3k reg fees + national travel costs).
Sharks are doing a lot better than they did prior to Whittaker taking over. They are the 2nd best option in San Diego at the moment. The 2007 team is doing great, champions league playoff position. 2008 just needs a few more players but have a strong defense. 2009 just needs to play consistently but they are a very good team - beating Surf too. 2010 lost a few players but still doing pretty good and will only improve with time. 2011s is going to get there in the next year or so as they transition.

I have no vested interest in Sharks but they have definitely gotten a lot better. They went from worst San Diego option to 2nd best.

No insight into Sharks. But wouldn't Surf show a similar record against literally anyone? It's the #1 rated girls club in the nation, let alone CA, with top teams at pretty much any age group. Rankings in ECNL for Sharks do show some weaker years, and some mid-pack years - hard to say if they are improving or not, probably need more metrics like # of people in club, etc.

Back