DMCV Sharks Girls Director

that's unfortunate about SD force, there are some good teams in that club
Nothing unfortunate about it at all. Love to see this club go away (yes, I have a grudge). One of their coaches takes a shot on my kid during a scrimmage and breaks my kid's arm (she was supposed to travel the next week to KS to tryout for the national futsal team). POS club president not only doesn't offer to step up and pay the medical bills, makes it more difficult to try to get my kid's medical bills covered by Cal South. During National Cup, DD's coach decided at 1/2 time to scream at my kid that she was not playing well enough to play DA (she had accepted a DA spot with another club at tryouts and new future coach was watching the game from the sidelines); the coach failed to scream at any of the other 8 players that were also moving on to DA or ECNL clubs at the season's end - just my kid.

In spite of that, my kid played through her commitment and National Cup - beating the DMCV team in the process. Force can go F themselves.

Nothing unfortunate about it at all. Love to see this club go away (yes, I have a grudge). One of their coaches takes a shot on my kid during a scrimmage and breaks my kid's arm (she was supposed to travel the next week to KS to tryout for the national futsal team). POS club president not only doesn't offer to step up and pay the medical bills, makes it more difficult to try to get my kid's medical bills covered by Cal South. During National Cup, DD's coach decided at 1/2 time to scream at my kid that she was not playing well enough to play DA (she had accepted a DA spot with another club at tryouts and new future coach was watching the game from the sidelines); the coach failed to scream at any of the other 8 players that were also moving on to DA or ECNL clubs at the season's end - just my kid.

In spite of that, my kid played through her commitment and National Cup - beating the DMCV team in the process. Force can go F themselves.
Love it!!!

Question for the rule wizards in the group:

Can a player who is registered for ECNL at a club play down on ECRL on a given weekend even if she is not technically “double-rostered”? And vice versa (can ECRL player be brought up to ECNL at any time for one or more games without specifically being rostered on the ECNL team)?

Just wondering if there is really any value or selectivity to this whole dual-roster idea or if everyone (within the club) who is rostered as either ECNL or ECRL is actually able to float between the two teams on any given weekend.

Question for the rule wizards in the group:

Can a player who is registered for ECNL at a club play down on ECRL on a given weekend even if she is not technically “double-rostered”? And vice versa (can ECRL player be brought up to ECNL at any time for one or more games without specifically being rostered on the ECNL team)?

Per the recently released 21/22 rules, while each team (ECNL and ECRL) can roster a max of 30 players, with 18 on the game day roster, but the players can play in multiple ECNL competitions (ECNL and ECRL) as long as it is only one per day, and the players do not count against the other team's roster. So effectively a club could have 60 players in an age group rostered and choose 18 per game for their ECNL games.

Per the recently released 21/22 rules, while each team (ECNL and ECRL) can roster a max of 30 players, with 18 on the game day roster, but the players can play in multiple ECNL competitions (ECNL and ECRL) as long as it is only one per day, and the players do not count against the other team's roster. So effectively a club could have 60 players in an age group rostered and choose 18 per game for their ECNL games.
Ok, that was my hunch. So the "dual-roster" concept is somewhat irrelevant and is more of a sales pitch/gimmick. So long as a kid is on either ECRL or ECNL for their club, he/she can play on either team on any given weekend.

Ok, that was my hunch. So the "dual-roster" concept is somewhat irrelevant and is more of a sales pitch/gimmick. So long as a kid is on either ECRL or ECNL for their club, he/she can play on either team on any given weekend.
It gives all the kids an opportunity to be an elite soccer player if they work hard, put in the time and have a great attitude. I don't like it personally. I would make all the girls tryout and then I would take 18-20 players for one top team and one top league ((fill in the blank)). No discoveries, no college players and no inter club up & down shit. This philosophy in the wrong hands can be used to manipulate 16 year old trying to figure out life. It also takes away from "team" and girls like being on a team. This is a player pool within the club so to speak. The other players who dont make the cut, play in a different league but can stay in the club or try their luck somewhere else. If you drop a player because their burned out or get a boyfriend and just want to be free, then a club should be able to add a player. This is moo and just that.

30 is a much bigger number vs previous season but you still have to take up a roster spot and once done it's for the entire season. For those on dual rosters they take up one slot per team. Could be on 3 different teams buts that's 3 roster spots.

No you can only have 30 on the roster, you can 60 players total only 30 total for the season per team. A player could play ECRL & NL but that's two rosters spots taken. Roster spots don't move with the player.

30 is a much bigger number vs previous season but you still have to take up a roster spot and once done it's for the entire season. For those on dual rosters they take up one slot per team. Could be on 3 different teams buts that's 3 roster spots.

No you can only have 30 on the roster, you can 60 players total only 30 total for the season per team. A player could play ECRL & NL but that's two rosters spots taken. Roster spots don't move with the player.

I think your post may be inaccurate.........It's been 30 per team for years..... I could be wrong but the fluidity to move between ECNL and RL without being rostered to both is new which is what has turned 30 into 60 per age group...... or 360 total for the six ECNL (180 max) and ECRL (180 max) rosters........ happy to be proved wrong b.t.w but this is my understanding........

I think your post may be inaccurate.........It's been 30 per team for years..... I could be wrong but the fluidity to move between ECNL and RL without being rostered to both is new which is what has turned 30 into 60 per age group...... or 360 total for the six ECNL (180 max) and ECRL (180 max) rosters........ happy to be proved wrong b.t.w but this is my understanding........

Was 26 at one point when our daughter played but yeah 30 now on ECNL and heard it was fewer for ECRL but I don't know the details on that.

There is no fluidity

"No ECNL Registered Players may be dropped from an ECNL Roster during an ECNL Season, except pursuant to the Transfer Regulations... "

In reality a few players get on dual or multiple rosters at most places unless the coaches are the same on both they normally don't share much.

Was 26 at one point when our daughter played but yeah 30 now on ECNL and heard it was fewer for ECRL but I don't know the details on that.

There is no fluidity

"No ECNL Registered Players may be dropped from an ECNL Roster during an ECNL Season, except pursuant to the Transfer Regulations... "

In reality a few players get on dual or multiple rosters at most places unless the coaches are the same on both they normally don't share much.

Fluidity within the same club’s Ecnl and rl programs I mean…… 30 can be on each roster and moved back and forth making a pool of 60……. Previously a player needed a card for each league and so the total pool was 30 as they counted as a roster spot on each league….. I am pretty sure I am right on this…….

You could be wrong:

'If a player within your ECNL Member Club is pulled up from a non-ECNL team and/or invited to play for the ECNL team (even for one game), the player must be added to the ECNL season roster for the remainder of the year. Yes, the player will count towards the ECNL Season roster maximum (30 players in all age groups). In saying that, the player is permitted to go back and play with her other team (nonECNL team) during the season. "

You could be wrong:

'If a player within your ECNL Member Club is pulled up from a non-ECNL team and/or invited to play for the ECNL team (even for one game), the player must be added to the ECNL season roster for the remainder of the year. Yes, the player will count towards the ECNL Season roster maximum (30 players in all age groups). In saying that, the player is permitted to go back and play with her other team (nonECNL team) during the season. "

Are you quoting from the ECNL 21-22 league rules?

Because I believe things have changed and rule 1.10 says the opposite to the above.......I'd copy and paste but it won't let me, but the 21-22 rules can be found online......

Because I believe things have changed and rule 1.10 says the opposite to the above.......I'd copy and paste but it won't let me, but the 21-22 rules can be found online......

Rule 2.2.1 confirms what I said above...... finally concluded this and can now get back to Cards versus Ole Miss grill prep :)

You could be wrong:

Hey Lala, futbol dad 1 is on top of his information and where I go to get the scoop. He is rarely wrong and the go to for the latest on ECNL.

Without tieing players to either ECNL/ECRL why have 2 leagues? It seems like the only real rule is that from the pool of 60 you can't have a single player do both an ECNL game and ECRL game on the same day.

Without tieing players to either ECNL/ECRL why have 2 leagues? It seems like the only real rule is that from the pool of 60 you can't have a single player do both an ECNL game and ECRL game on the same day.
What I mean is that as a club you treat both ECNL and ECRL the same by evaluating the teams played each week and allocate the players needed to win. If you're a super club this means the week your ECNL team is playing a poor club you shift all your best players to ECRL. Or if you get ahead in the ECNL standings you start playing top ECNL players in ECRL games to get both teams to nationals.

Heres another flip say a poor club wasnt doing well in ECNL but was ok in ECRL. Theres now incentive to give up on ECNL and just put your best in ECRL.

Above is what I mean by with a single pool why run to leagues?

What I mean is that as a club you treat both ECNL and ECRL the same by evaluating the teams played each week and allocate the players needed to win. If you're a super club this means the week your ECNL team is playing a poor club you shift all your best players to ECRL. Or if you get ahead in the ECNL standings you start playing top ECNL players in ECRL games to get both teams to nationals.

Heres another flip say a poor club wasnt doing well in ECNL but was ok in ECRL. Theres now incentive to give up on ECNL and just put your best in ECRL.

Above is what I mean by with a single pool why run to leagues?
17-1 scores will not be uncommon in the future if what your saying happens and I think it will. This sucks!!! My dd old Blues 03/04 team was the end of staying on the same team for 8 years. TB did it right but he pissed off parents at the end of each year when their dd was cut. He was blamed for not being a good developer of players and just a hell of a recruiter. MOO, I think he was right. Kids get burned out for all sorts of reasons in sports. To tell a kid and their mama bear and papa bear that as long as you pay to play, work hard, stay out of trouble, get excellent grades and have high scores on SAT you will get what you want, is not true ganas competition from my perch, moo moo moo!!! I want true competition and in the real world, players get cut just like companies usually whack the bottom 20% of sales force because.

You could be wrong:

From the FAQ

The opposite is not true for non ECNL players.

For ECNL players the team they registered to intially count as a taking up a roster spot. If they play from another team in the club they don't count as a taking up a additional roster spot, yes we agree on that.

However, in reality if you really had 60 players for two teams, ~ half won't be playing each week and the players and parents won't be happy or put up with that too long. Not to mention the registration fees, you would need a another league to play those players in and the dual roster is not within ECNL thus your taking up roster spots in both those leagues since you can't play ECNL without being on a roster that count toward the totals of 30 per team ant way you slice it.

Nobody is going to bother to shuffle a large of players each week to somehow can some muster up some sort of advantage. A few player perhaps just like every year or those playing up but if clubs abuse the new rules they will be changed likely so much to do about nothing and we will see.

Nobody is going to bother to shuffle a large of players each week to somehow can some muster up some sort of advantage. A few player perhaps just like every year or those playing up but if clubs abuse the new rules they will be changed likely so much to do about nothing and we will see.
Your statement about nobody is going to shuffle players around each week doesn't make sense. Surf has already stated that they're moving to pool play. Working from the pool on a weekly basis + trying to define the best player combo to make the win is exactly what they intend to do.

The only piece that isn't clear is if clubs will sacrifice ECNL performance to boost ECRL when needed. But why wouldn't you if a couple of ECNL games are "in the bag" and the end goal is to always win. (Maybe you wouldn't want to risk your top team losing to a poor top team.)

Your statement about nobody is going to shuffle players around each week doesn't make sense. Surf has already stated that they're moving to pool play. Working from the pool on a weekly basis + trying to define the best player combo to make the win is exactly what they intend to do.

The only piece that isn't clear is if clubs will sacrifice ECNL performance to boost ECRL when needed. But why wouldn't you if a couple of ECNL games are "in the bag" and the end goal is to always win. (Maybe you wouldn't want to risk your top team losing to a poor top team.)

Let's see if they actually do that and how it might work out. Seen it attempted several times with reserve teams but have yet to see it work out successfully. What ends up happening is both teams and the reserve or 2nd team suffers, players and parents get pissed, some jump ship and the whole thing is a cluster and then it's back to normal sooner or later.

Having a different lineup with different players each week normally doesn't make for a happy group of players who count on, rely, and pull for each other. Maybe surf can make everyone happy but I will believed it when I see it.

Back