DMCV Sharks Girls Director

Shit this happened long before Deza

Two Vegas Studs and a Camarillo stud all did this on that 99 team for years

Never attended training and always started

That said all were part of the national team pool -
Our friend's daughter lived in Phoenix and regularly played games for Surf. Not unusual at all.

DA was a "problem" that solved itself. NEXT will be interesting to see if it suffers a simular fate. Both have the same issue they formalize a path to something that doesnt care or necessarily value those in the formalized path. What I mean is that the USNT and Pro teams will pull players from wherever they want.

Reguarding Albion and CitySC. Both Surf and Sharks are right next to each other. If players decide to jump from GA/NEXT to ECNL commute times will be roughly the same either way.

I see Sharks finally getting their house in order as a huge benefit to SD players by opening up ECNL possibilities for 18+ players in each age group.

Also with Presidio being replaced by Socal/Scdsl we're finally going to have a single league for all Socal youngers. All goodness.
For being in Carlsbad, your info is lacking...you completely missed that SDSC Surf is GA and ECNL boys and one of the larger clubs in the area with plenty of very good talent... additionally, SD Force, although smaller and DPL also has some good talent (On a side note, word on the street is SD Force is struggling to survive post pandemic and may be folding into SDSC Surf)...and both of these clubs are in spitting distance of SD Surf & Sharks. If the Sharks (ie., MW) do this right, they'll have a huge talent pool to draw from and could give SD Surf ECNL some serious, and much needed competition in the area.

I predict that many Sharks parents who have been living comfortably numb at the bottom of ECNL are about to be overtaken by a wave of talented players.

We'll have to wait and see...but the next tryout season should be very interesting in North County SD.

For being in Carlsbad, your info is lacking...you completely missed that SDSC Surf is GA and ECNL boys and one of the larger clubs in the area with plenty of very good talent... additionally, SD Force, although smaller and DPL also has some good talent (On a side note, word on the street is SD Force is struggling to survive post pandemic and may be folding into SDSC Surf)...and both of these clubs are in spitting distance of SD Surf & Sharks. If the Sharks (ie., MW) do this right, they'll have a huge talent pool to draw from and could give SD Surf ECNL some serious, and much needed competition in the area.

I predict that many Sharks parents who have been living comfortably numb at the bottom of ECNL are about to be overtaken by a wave of talented players.

We'll have to wait and see...but the next tryout season should be very interesting in North County SD.
I think your reasoning is faulty because you assume these talented players exist. Judging by the low level of D1 soccer and the inability of the vast majority of D1 teams to play a possession based game…why do you think these talented players exist? Does your definition of talented players include the ability to not constantly over dribble, pass, and receive?

If it does, I want some of what you’re smoking on! Puff, puff, pass homie:cool:

I think your reasoning is faulty because you assume these talented players exist. Judging by the low level of D1 soccer and the inability of the vast majority of D1 teams to play a possession based game…why do you think these talented players exist? Does your definition of talented players include the ability to not constantly over dribble, pass, and receive?

Isn't it puff, puff, give? ;)

You got me there... I was exactly right except SDSC boys has ECNL. Good catch.

Brilliant! You win again. *eye roll*

You missed SDSC has GA as well... hope this helps.
I missed The GA teams because I wasn't accounting for them. I was only pointing out ECNL clubs.

It's going to be interesting to see how things play out this fall. I'm sure both ECNL + GA are looking to expand.

I missed The GA teams because I wasn't accounting for them. I was only pointing out ECNL clubs.

It's going to be interesting to see how things play out this fall. I'm sure both ECNL + GA are looking to expand.
Actually, you have wrongly started a few times in this post that City & Albion are the GA in the area...not looking to offend, just for accuracy. Thanks

I’m disappointed. Is that the best you can do? Let’s discuss these so called imaginary talented players that you speak of…
Nope, I don't use my best on the trivial...take your W on a victory lap. I'm tapping out Genius.

Nope, I don't use my best on the trivial...take your W on a victory lap. I'm tapping out Genius.
What W? I am asking a serious question that only requires honesty. I am not asking for your best.
So, does your definition of talented player include players that don’t constantly over dribble, that can pass, and receive?

What W? I am asking a serious question that only requires honesty. I am not asking for your best.
So, does your definition of talented player include players that don’t constantly over dribble, that can pass, and receive?
Yes.

I've had zero exposure and experience with D1 soccer, thus no opinion regarding it.

Having been around football and baseball my whole life playing and coaching...and spectating soccer with my kids for over 15 years it is easy to understand that all sports have a handful of basic fundamentals...and when done well and combined with athleticism, speed, heart and IQ...then recognizing talent is an easy call...but, at the end of the day it's subjective, thus whatever you think it is...You Win!

that's unfortunate about SD force, there are some good teams in that club

What’s your thoughts as to why the above type mentioned players are plentiful in the San Diego youth soccer ecosystem but are rare in D1 soccer?
Additionally, I recently saw a SoCal PDP list for SD, not sure where I saw it, but there were a few dozen very talented players on that list alone...not hard to find talent in SD.

Back