DMCV Sharks Girls Director

silverback

SILVER
Coach MW formally at Albion has joined Sharks as their new director on the girls side. Many have posted their thoughts regarding Sharks and their performance in ECNL and have offered various suggestions (on other threads) as to how they move forward. Well here is a concrete action they have taken. Based on MW teams prior performances, level, and style of play this may be a positive step for those that hope to see the level of play in ECNL continue to be raised from top to bottom.

Coach MW formally at Albion has joined Sharks as their new director on the girls side. Many have posted their thoughts regarding Sharks and their performance in ECNL and have offered various suggestions (on other threads) as to how they move forward. Well here is a concrete action they have taken. Based on MW teams prior performances, level, and style of play this may be a positive step for those that hope to see the level of play in ECNL continue to be raised from top to bottom.
Is MW = Whitaker? He can coach. Full stop.

MW is a great addition to Sharks. Glad to see Sharks moving in the right direction. Hope he will be coaching a few teams with assistant coaches and have leeway to bring in players and hand out scholarships to strengthen their ECNL teams. Sharks has good directors but they need ambitious coaches like MW. If MW doesn't coach and recruit for ECNL teams but only wears a director hat, it will not help Sharks much.

That's great for the Sharks, the more competitive teams the better especially in an area where there is so much talent. I can only imagine everyone in SD wants to play for Surf (assumption don't shoot me) but having another strong ECNL option will be great for the girls in SD area....

Surf can only have 11 girls on the field at a time, like everyone else. Girls who have the #12-18 roster slots at Surf would be wise to consider being starters at another ECNL club, from what I've seen, especially in the younger ECNL years where playing time is so critical to their development (and continued enjoyment of the game).

Surf can only have 11 girls on the field at a time, like everyone else. Girls who have the #12-18 roster slots at Surf would be wise to consider being starters at another ECNL club, from what I've seen, especially in the younger ECNL years where playing time is so critical to their development (and continued enjoyment of the game).

Agreed. There are a number of ECNL teams with full to overflowing rosters while others struggle to fill theirs. It makes no sense for a child to only play 10-15 minutes a game just to say that they are on the "insert mega-club team name here".

You know what I think of MW!

Albion girls have been a mess since the DA folding. Now losing their top younger girls coach? Look for Sharks and Rebels to benefit.
I can only imagine everyone in SD wants to play for Surf (assumption don't shoot me)
We know at least 3 former 2005 Surf "A" players (starters) who moved to other clubs for various reasons. I believe there are top players from other ages too who have left. Despite its efforts, Surf no longer holds all the cards for SD county kids.

Anyone on Surf's dual roster should be looking to Sharks to get field time.
Surf’s dual roster girls that play ECRL would beat Sharks ECNL by lots of goals in the ‘06-07’ age groups. Should they go play ECNL for a weak ECNL team just to say they play in ECNL? Honest question. Many Surf ECRL “second teamers”/dual roster players stay at Surf ECRL for reasons—i.e quality coaching, quality ECRL team, development etc… many of these ECRL players are more than capable of making ECNL rosters with playing time at the weaker ECNL clubs like Sharks.

Agree, MW is a great move for Sharks.

Surf’s dual roster girls that play ECRL would beat Sharks ECNL by lots of goals in the ‘06-07’ age groups. Should they go play ECNL for a weak ECNL team just to say they play in ECNL? Honest question. Many Surf ECRL “second teamers”/dual roster players stay at Surf ECRL for reasons—i.e quality coaching, quality ECRL team, development etc… many of these ECRL players are more than capable of making ECNL rosters with playing time at the weaker ECNL clubs like Sharks.

Agree, MW is a great move for Sharks.

I was thinking if 6 or 7 of those kids you described thought about it. They could form a pretty competitive ECNL team with decent playing time over at Sharks. It would create a very different look to Sharks teams.

Just a thought though.

I mean if my kid was on the bench a good amount on an ECNL or on an ECRL team and had a chance to go with a few others in the same boat and kind of start a "newish" team and get to start on an ECNL team, that might be a consideration.

I was thinking if 6 or 7 of those kids you described thought about it. They could form a pretty competitive ECNL team with decent playing time over at Sharks. It would create a very different look to Sharks teams.

Just a thought though.

I mean if my kid was on the bench a good amount on an ECNL or on an ECRL team and had a chance to go with a few others in the same boat and kind of start a "newish" team and get to start on an ECNL team, that might be a consideration.

It’s already happened with Rebels…3-4 of those Surf ECRL players leave to go play for a Rebels ECNL team. I agree with your sentiment.
Just to play devils advocate, this season 2021-22 is the first time there will be a national championship for ECRL (so we are promised!). The big clues ECRL teams (not just in So Cal) will show well in this tournament. That will draw more talent to the ECRL teams.
I think we all agree that a promotion/relegation system for ECNL/R leagues would be beneficial. Some of these ECNL teams have 2 goals for and 50+ against for an ECNL season (I.e. Sharks, Arsenal). Not too much development is happening in that scenario.

Just a thought though.

I have an 06 daughter right now on a ECNL team and entertained the thought of going over to DMCV Sharks soon. How do I go about that? Can I go from one ECNL roster to another before the August 31st deadline? Or do I have to wait? Anybody know the process? Can I drop her from player pool?

I have an 06 daughter right now on a ECNL team and entertained the thought of going over to DMCV Sharks soon. How do I go about that? Can I go from one ECNL roster to another before the August 31st deadline? Or do I have to wait? Anybody know the process? Can I drop her from player pool?

I'm sure if you gave a call to the DOC over there at Sharks they would happily walk you through the process!

Every player can make that change for the health of the player, trust me :) Good Mental Health ((GMH)) is super important you guys and I would say more important then kicking a ball against a wall all day and thinking about that next touch and hoping dad doesn;t correct your ass in the car on the way home :( I like more choices in this arena. Competition keeps you on your toes and makes sure you treat ALL customers fairly. Monopoly in soccer sucks!!! It's not a good thing for little girls, moo! Good luck to all you down in San Diego. Great talent down there and great people too :)

Back