Discovery League- "We've created a monster!!!"

One of the requirements to apply for Discovery is that your team applies to play in the top flight of any tournaments they enter. You don't necessarily need to win or even do all that well. But if your team is going to sandbag in the 2nd (or lower) tier of a tournament- your team shouldn't be applying for the top division in this league.

This absolutely isn't happening...

Meant to say that "one of the requirements SHOULD be...."

What's the point in applying for Discovery and then playing in the lowest flight of a tournament? I'll tell you, it’s ALL marketing..the big club gets to say: "look at all the tournaments we win and we play at the highest league level too". Many parents aren't educated in the marketing games that are played...its a very confusing process with no guidance...

That I did. How do you deal with the insane amount of glitter? I feel like I'm still finding that stuff everywhere and it's been six years!
I blinged dresses for my older daughter for 6 years and coached AYSO for the younger one for 2. Oldest is done with dance but still finding ways to spend my money, while I just film for the younger one now that she has keeper coaches and head coaches.

Is Las Vegas Surf 2007 really going to come to So Cal every weekend for Discovery League games?

Anyone know the guy/girl that sold this to them? I've got an open spot on my sales team and I'm sure they would do really well.

Also - In the 07 age group you have 23 teams. 15 in the north division. 8 in the south division.
Looks like "south" teams play in Oceanside or Del Mar and North teams play mostly at Silverlakes.
The San Diego teams (Cardiff, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Rebels) will have nice easy drives.
Sells itself. Fly or drive every weekend to play beach flight ii teams.

Is Las Vegas Surf 2007 really going to come to So Cal every weekend for Discovery League games?

Anyone know the guy/girl that sold this to them? I've got an open spot on my sales team and I'm sure they would do really well.

Also - In the 07 age group you have 23 teams. 15 in the north division. 8 in the south division.
Looks like "south" teams play in Oceanside or Del Mar and North teams play mostly at Silverlakes.
The San Diego teams (Cardiff, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Rebels) will have nice easy drives.
Brah, no offer to Crush for sales team opportunity? I'm so desperate I'll look at any sales gig. I want to stay in California so let me know if you have spot for me. Thanks man :)

Anyone have thoughts on DPL for 09's? Along the lines of the discussion above, I noticed at least DPL has 1/2 home games, and most of the teams seem pretty strong from what little info I can find on some of the teams.

The new Socal League already exceed my expectation. When you go to their website, there is actually a chat function with real people answering live. I had a question about the number of games in the fall league for the youngers, and a nice lady named Haley promptly answered all of my questions in real time.

It was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Norco..every weekend … oh my god… why!!! Thank god we don’t have to do that

Well at least "riverside" county doesn't yet have 48hr COVID-19 testing requirements for youth sports... soccer players.

The new Socal League already exceed my expectation. When you go to their website, there is actually a chat function with real people answering live. I had a question about the number of games in the fall league for the youngers, and a nice lady named Haley promptly answered all of my questions in real time.

It was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Spoke regular English? If so that's impressive.

I don't understand the leagues and where the teams are........if not playing discovery where are they playing? I know all on this board are saying that all teams are in discovery but I am not seeing it.

I don't understand the leagues and where the teams are........if not playing discovery where are they playing? I know all on this board are saying that all teams are in discovery but I am not seeing it.

There are 3 flights...discovery is a subsection of Flight 1

where can you see the teams? When i look at socal all I see is the discovery teams

Click on "Club Directory", that displays all clubs, then select your club, then select the team on the club specific page.

Only discovery schedules are available which is why you only see them on the page you are on.

So how was the first weekend of competition?

Players excited to have a fall season with a regular set of consecutive weekend game?

Brutally hot. Fields however were in perfect shape.
True Dat....
Lucky, we had the 4pm game. Got there at 3pm and it was 99 degrees out but it cool down a little for the game and had a little breeze. Fields were in good shape. We were in the back on the grass fields. Just sucks sitting on the eastside of the field while the sun was setting in the west. The girls were happy to be back in league play. Started off on the right foot with a 6-0 win.

The drive to Oceanside and Del Mar every weekend is going to suck!!
Took 1.5 hours to get to SoCal Sports complex (from South OC) for a Saturday afternoon game. Then about 45 minutes to get home.
I hate spending more time in the car than the length of the actual game.

Fields were good. Competition was good. Referees were solid. But I might trade one of these for being able to play at a local middle school for half of our games.

Back