Did anyone catch the US Soccer President Candidates Forum from Philadelphia?

$10 Futsal for 2 hrs

8 1 hour long, small group sessions for $160 is peanuts compared to individual sessions ranging from $45 to $120 each in the area.

It's not for everyone but your kids getting in more touches then sitting at home.

My sons did the futsal there a few times. Once some really great players from a nearby club showed up...totally worth it for the money, another time mostly a bunch of rec players (mostly youngers), and a third time only a handful of kids. The small group session YMMV...depends on who you get as a coach and whose in the session...there are better small group classes in the Val, but for futsal you need to either go much further south or north. I've said it before that I think kids benefit from mixed training including Coerver, privates, small group and team training...I'm for a wholistic, comprehensive approach.

And no, my kid is not sitting at home...I would have actually done the drive to get him to futsal there on Friday (despite the irregular results) or tried to organize the team to drive up but it conflicts with GK training (in fact, one of the issues is, at least for the youngers, their futsal session conflict with both Club and United/Extras training on Fridays). They also need to structure the program a little bit better and do some outreach on the Socal Soccer Boards and the neighboring clubs if they want their place to be a go-to soccer destination (like they do with Basketball).

So that qualifies her to be President of US Soccer? Why hold an election. Throw them all in a cage and last man/woman standing can be god(dess)-emperor of US soccer.
Heck if people elected Trump as the US President then everything should be open game then :D LOL.

That's cool that your $100 investment on DVD's paid off for your DS.

"Good" Players that get worse by bad players is because they lack the intangibles ie heart, soccer iq, leadership, sportsmanship, things that are not thought anymore at home. I'll accept that there are a lot of flaws with HS sports in general, but to say that a so called superstar gets worst because of those bad players. In my book you are referring to overhype scrubs result of the grown men selling dreams in track suits fluffering dreams and the overall result shows in the USMNT results. Does Pulisic gets worst when he plays for the national team? Does Neymar gets worst when he plays for the national team? Did Aubameyang got any worst for playing for his national team?

A player getting worst is only his/her fault not 2 left feet Timmy.

You are wasting your time. It is quite apparent that the guy you are arguing with is either one of those track suit guys or being blown by one.

Well, what’s happening is that the kind of ball handling Coerver drills you can do on your own are pretty much limited to ball handling and 1 v 1. It’s great for little kids because they aren’t going to pass anyway, so they may as well get good at playing keep away with the ball.

To practice the more complicated Coerver passing and receiving drills requires a bunch of skilled players and a coach who knows how to run those kind of drills, basically an academy level team and coach.

It’s why I say kids need to do tons of individual Coerver drills and play as much small sided pickup games as possible to develop their ball mastery and 1 v 1 before the best of them enter academy. Once they enter academy there will be more emphasis on passing, receiving, finishing, shape, etc. There won’t be enough time to catch up on ball mastery.
Coerver is just a brand that markets European Football drills. In some places its like a pyramid scheme where you own certain areas. Paul Caliguri had South OC and tried to get clubs to force kids to get trained in coerver at their - of course by hiking up costs so he gets paid. These drills have been done before Coerver was a thing and most coaches implement some type of footskill drills in practice. Lucky the old board was wiped or anyone searching Paul Caliguri on Google would have had a lot of reading - dude will do anything for a dollar

Whoever is going to be good is going to be good regardless of what Godsend coach they have. Drills, practices and structure are helpful but not everything. Coerver, ODP, ECNL, The Kool-Aid Cup(Pick your flavor), Whatever Showcase, etc are just business gimmicks to get a revenue from the customer (Parents) and has completely rotten the entire soccer system in the US. The kids that used to rely on playing high school to get some sort of exposure to college coaches lost that chance because all these scouts/coaches are sitting on a centralized location that caters to who can afford it.

The 3 highest paying sports in the US rely heavily on high school seasons to determine how goods these kids, but somehow soccer the least paying sport in the US has a business model to centralize recruiting through a horrid pay to play platform. I hope that Martino, Wynalda or Hope Solo gets elected and form a team to unify their ideas.

I see that no one talks about Hope Solo, but she's the one that will break down the bullshit and corruption going on with US Soccer, she calls it as it is and that's what we need.

How does ODP try to make money off parents? Actually a route that saves parents money. Wish they had more funding so they could field a couple teams per age group.

She is also not prepared. She states things that arent factually correct - which means she doesnt look things up. She isnt a good public speaker as seen at the convention. Has baggage as well. President needs to be more than just being able to speak loudly and truthfully - especially considering some of the others running. Someone like Mary Harvey should have ran, but probably didnt want to step on Carter's toes
She might be a firecracker, but she's honestly blunt! We need that, someone that will not be afraid to tell Don Garber that his capitalist model of pro soccer sucks, someone that will make sure USWNT gets their fair salary in comparison to their sucky counterparts in USMNT, someone that will end up the cronism, politics and red tape within the entire US Soccer. She might not be perfect, however she brings a change that's desperately needed! Oh and I forgot that she won 2 Olympic Gold medals and 1 World Cup!

So that qualifies her to be President of US Soccer? Why hold an election. Throw them all in a cage and last man/woman standing can be god(dess)-emperor of US soccer.
Interesting suggestion, might be a way to select the next president...Maybe better than the other ways we select our leaders/coaches/club DOC's in youth soccer.

Hope Solo sues the soccer federation she wants to run
"Solo filed a formal complaint Tuesday against the United States Soccer Federation, of which she hopes to be elected president on Feb. 10, accusing the governing body of neglecting youth soccer development for the sake of self-serving financial gain"
https://nypost.com/2018/01/30/hope-solo-sues-the-soccer-federation-she-wants-to-run/

Think she has a point about the "neglect & self-serving financial gain"......$100-140 million war chest controlled by investment bankers is not doing a whole lot for youth soccer development.

Think she has a point about the "neglect & self-serving financial gain"......$100-140 million war chest controlled by investment bankers is not doing a whole lot for youth soccer development.
That money is gone. Those I-Bankers have manipulated treasuries, LIBOR, blew up the economy with fraudulent loans and their shitty mortgage backed securities, why would they stop at stealing the soccer money.

Plus every single soccer federation in every single country in the entire history of soccer has plundered the WC money earned by the players. No candidate is going to stop that.

That money is gone. Those I-Bankers have manipulated treasuries, LIBOR, blew up the economy with fraudulent loans and their shitty mortgage backed securities, why would they stop at stealing the soccer money.

Plus every single soccer federation in every single country in the entire history of soccer has plundered the WC money earned by the players. No candidate is going to stop that.

Cynicism aside, the war chest remains intact (https://www.ussoccer.com/~/media/fi...3-us-soccer-federation-2016-irs-990.pdf?la=en)

Between US Soccer with about 120M and the US Soccer Federation Foundation 40M, there are plenty of funds.

Annnddddd..... US soccer is still fucked.
Carlos Cordiera elected as new president. He was Sunil’s VP. And as he said in his brief and underwhelming acceptance speech “Thank you Sunil for introducing me to this game 10 years ago”.
Former Goldman exec who probably loves to watch “big kicks” on the soccer court while cheering for touchdowns and 3 pointers.
I bet if you put a soccer cleat, a football cleat and a baseball cleat in front of him, he’d have a hard time picking out the soccer cleat.
At the next game I attend, I’m making a sign that says “Carlos kicks with his toe”

Last edited:
Annnddddd..... US soccer is still fucked.
Carlos Cordiera elected as new president. He was Sunil’s VP. And as he said in his brief and underwhelming acceptance speech “Thank you Sunil for introducing me to this game 10 years ago”.
Former Goldman exec who probably loves to watch “big kicks” on the soccer court while cheering for touchdowns and 3 pointers.
I bet if you put a soccer cleat, a football cleat and a baseball cleat in front of him, he’d have a hard time picking out the soccer cleat.
At the next game I attend, I’m making a sign that says “Carlos kicks with his toe”

According to this story, he played HS soccer in Miami.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mls/article198019704.html

Here's what he says about youth soccer in the story:

“My vision is really about reinvigorating our grass roots, which I think over the last 10 to 15 years has suffered as a huge amount of resources have gone into our elite players and national teams,” he said. “We have three or four times as many kids playing soccer outside the umbrella of U.S. Soccer than inside. So, if the numbers are 3 or 3.5 million kids registered to us, the reality is there are so many more kids not registered, kids from underserved communities, more diverse communities.

“How do we bring them in? Part of it is making soccer more affordable. That is absolutely essential to making our sport more inclusive. If we capture even 10 or 15 percent of those kids, it will help. We will never max our potential in the sport if we don’t bring everyone in. It’s like saying we’re going to create the best baseball team in the world but only go after 25 percent of the kids who want to play.”

My vision is really about reinvigorating our grass roots, which I think over the last 10 to 15 years has suffered as a huge amount of resources have gone into our elite players and national teams,” he said. “We have three or four times as many kids playing soccer outside the umbrella of U.S. Soccer than inside. So, if the numbers are 3 or 3.5 million kids registered to us, the reality is there are so many more kids not registered, kids from underserved communities, more diverse communities."

This coming out of a former Goldman Sachs executive almost made me do a full-on coffee spit take.

Absolutely laughable. Nothing is going to change.

My vision is really about reinvigorating our grass roots, which I think over the last 10 to 15 years has suffered as a huge amount of resources have gone into our elite players and national teams,” he said. “We have three or four times as many kids playing soccer outside the umbrella of U.S. Soccer than inside. So, if the numbers are 3 or 3.5 million kids registered to us, the reality is there are so many more kids not registered, kids from underserved communities, more diverse communities."

This coming out of a former Goldman Sachs executive almost made me do a full-on coffee spit take.

Absolutely laughable. Nothing is going to change.
Another politician who is not connected to what’s happening at the spot. Depressing.

Back