Desert Cup

3 2010 players with the 2011 team. Goalie and 2 midfielders which include my DD. If we were in Bracket B I would say we have a shot at getting to finals. But playing the #1 ranked team in Arizona, Eagles and Albion we would be lucky to win 1 game. Who knows, they have nothing to lose. Just play. Fabi & Miki need to have the games of their lives :D and the defense needs to hold off the storm.

have fun and anything is possible!

Fabi puts the game away with this brilliant run from a counter attack with 2 minutes left in the game. One of our 2010 players out hurt today. Scrappy game vs this physical Slammers team but they got the job done today. They put up a good fight vs these 2011 girls.
Beautiful goal!!!

Eagles beat the #1 team in Arizona 6-0. Same team Albion tied 0-0 earlier. Looks like the Eagles got it together and are back

I heard the AZ keeper played a heck of a game vs Albion. Maybe she was tired or they played a different keeper? Either way nice win for SoCal Eagles!

Made a little video of fabi and team at Desert Cup. Girls came up short in finals losing 3-4 to #11 ranked CAS team Fury G 2010. It was an epic battle which deserves a rematch for sure. With one minor adjustment Blues 2011 girls would have taken it. Regardless it was great to watch all these young 2011/2012 play possession soccer while the rest played direct. Who ever told me that Blues play kick ball before may not have known what they have cooking in the younger ages. Some of the best possession soccer is being practiced right now.

Awesome footage, she looks great. Must have been working hard during the time off. I have to ask, what is the minor adjustment that would have given you guys the W?

Not to take anything from the other team. They were a strong defensive team with a tricky forward. But 3/4 goals came from goalie errors. Our goalie could not make it. And we had to find a replacement last minute. Literally days before. We coasted through the first 3 games playing possession soccer. Goalie was never tested until the final. Later we found out goalie was just starting out and was more of a rec level 2010 goalie. She just needs more time to develop to play CAS soccer. She was from out of state. We were up 1-0 then they put up 3 goals and went down 1-4. I was proud to see the epic come back attempt the Blues made within last 8 minutes. That experience for these little ones was worth losing the final. They showed mental toughness to come back and almost got the tie to take into penalties. I would have put an athletic field player on goalie that game. Would have drastically increased our odds.
A goalie shows up last minute to help you guys out, and within days you’re on here explaining that she lost you the final.

You could just say, “Congrats to the other team and thanks to the last minute player(s) who helped us field a squad.”. If one or more of them had a rough game, no need to advertise it.

Congrats to your daughter and the 2011 squad. The clips look great.

A goalie shows up last minute to help you guys out, and within days you’re on here explaining that she lost you the final.

You could just say, “Congrats to the other team and thanks to the last minute player(s) who helped us field a squad.”. If one or more of them had a rough game, no need to advertise it.

Congrats to your daughter and the 2011 squad. The clips look great.
Your also dealing with 10yr olds. I am sure the girls had fun. Playing goalie is tough. Also when goalies have a bad due, that usually is a sign that the defenders and some mids were making mistakes.

The girls won't even remember the game in a week. They will remember having fun traveling with friends, etc. Only the parents worry about wins.

You are right. What matters is they they got a chance to play and have fun. Who knows when the next one will be.

Analyzing ulittle soccer wins/losses is irrelevant at age 9/10. Top players at a young can become slow or drop out by the time they get to 13 years old. Shy players but athletic at a young age can become amazing as they develop their game.

Enjoy the ride Luis Andres, dont focus on how good you guys are today, just focus on developing your player and see what happens in the future.

Back