Desert Cup

Looks like only 1 bracket so far...hopefully they scheduled the games appropriately...

Blues
Ole - should be a fun game for you @Luis Andres if you play them
CDA Slammers (not sure which one)
Newcastle United - No Cal
Juventus - No Cal
Elevation FC - Colorado
San Juan SC -

Have no clue at all...just guessing 1st teams since it’s a big tournament
When did it become a big tournament? Its only been going maybe 3 years. None of the top AZ teams (U14+) normally play it as they go to SoCal or Vegas and play there. This year will obviously be different.

All the AZ tournaments this year seem to be "big" tournaments, but most never attracted the range of clubs and teams like this before, nor likely will again. The best quality tournament in AZ is the Presidents Cup in Feb, run by SC Del Sol.

When did it become a big tournament? Its only been going maybe 3 years. None of the top AZ teams (U14+) normally play it as they go to SoCal or Vegas and play there. This year will obviously be different.

All the AZ tournaments this year seem to be "big" tournaments, but most never attracted the range of clubs and teams like this before, nor likely will again. The best quality tournament in AZ is the Presidents Cup in Feb, run by SC Del Sol.
It only became a big tournament due to no local so cal tournaments. Next year it will revert back to normal like the rest of them.

It only became a big tournament due to no local so cal tournaments. Next year it will revert back to normal like the rest of them.
I also think it is the only tournament that has direct implications on AYSA league placement for the following year. If you are ASL2 and win Presidents Cup you automatically get a spot in ASL1 no questions asked.

I also think it is the only tournament that has direct implications on AYSA league placement for the following year. If you are ASL2 and win Presidents Cup you automatically get a spot in ASL1 no questions asked.
That's a different Presidents Cup, i.e. there are two "State" cups in AZ, tier 1 is State Cup (must play state league to participate) & tier 2 is Presidents Cup (state league and some open league teams). If you win the former you are APL the following year, if you win the latter then you are probably ASL1 ... but depends on where you started.

That's a different Presidents Cup, i.e. there are two "State" cups in AZ, tier 1 is State Cup (must play state league to participate) & tier 2 is Presidents Cup (state league and some open league teams). If you win the former you are APL the following year, if you win the latter then you are probably ASL1 ... but depends on where you started.

Thanks. Are you from AZ? Who are the best G2010 teams in Arizona?

Wow, so according to the standings/goal differential RSL-AZ Soutar is one of the top teams in AZ. And, you go to their game history and they lost 8-0 to the Blues last weekend. I know AZ is not as strong as CA, particularly at the younger ages, but something doesn't add up here.

Wow, so according to the standings/goal differential RSL-AZ Soutar is one of the top teams in AZ. And, you go to their game history and they lost 8-0 to the Blues last weekend. I know AZ is not as strong as CA, particularly at the younger ages, but something doesn't add up here.
AZ is not even comparable to Socal soccer.

Not a single kid from that RSL team may make the Royals GA U13 team. "Talent" consolidates at U13 and up; prior, kids play more locally with local clubs. CCV, for girls, is always strong for youngers and then Del Sol & RSL (mainly) strip it clean.

Put it this way, Royals U14 and up have a very low % of players that have come from RSL. U13 (for Royals) is a bit of an anomaly, but 08 is not a strong age group in the valley.

In contrast, Arsenal & Rising tend to home grow players. They used to get stripped clean by Del Sol & Sereno (RSL) when neither had ECNL, but don't anymore.

I have older kids playing ECNL, and it’s competitive at those ages. I guess not at this age.
There may be an exception with an odd team, but generally not competitive until the talent consolidates.

Back