DA vs ECNL Requirements

Thanks EOTL :cool: ... You'd have to be a current Senior with a previously granted waiver based on grandfathering to get away with playing HS. Not too many of those left are there?

That said, there have been two in our area this year alone that were suspended for 3+ matches and the clubs were warned by USSDA that they'd be placed on probation with the next violation. Feel free to carry on with the high 'n mighty SoCal ideology if you like ... But make no mistake -- The DA are taking any violation of the HS rostering very seriously for those '21s and younger going forward. If ya don't think so ... best o' luck to ya. Slainte!

Slavery was outlawed by the 13th Amendment.

Yeah yeah you can quote all the verbiage you want but in reality some DA players have already played HS, returned for couple of DA games this season. This goes on ever year with both players with a wavier and without. It's up to the clubs, DA is not really tracking, auditing, or concerns it's self with that.

There are no or very little DA games during the HS season dec-feb. If there are some just not on the roster, it's really simple and standard practice.
Again jpetey -- As I mentioned (and you apparently aren't aware of given you don't have kids playing in DA) ... DA doesn't go after the second week of December and starts back up with training mid January (when HS tourneys are staring up) with matches the first week of February ... Which conflict DI-rectly with the Spring HS ball (District play early Feb-mid Mar) played in many of the southern states. And if you're referring to HS fall ball played in the rest of the county ... it's in DI-rect conflict entirely. Please Sir.

Thanks EOTL :cool: ... You'd have to be a current Senior with a previously granted waiver based on grandfathering to get away with playing HS. Not too many of those left are there?

That said, there have been two in our area this year alone that were suspended for 3+ matches and the clubs were warned by USSDA that they'd be placed on probation with the next violation. Feel free to carry on with the high 'n mighty SoCal ideology if you like ... But make no mistake -- The DA are taking any violation of the HS rostering very seriously for those '21s and younger going forward. If ya don't think so ... best o' luck to ya. Slainte!

Yeah my players been playing in the league for 5 years, daughter in ECNL for 4. We know a lot of players , go read up in high school forum shout outs if you want to face reality.

If they are playing HS school soccer and playing in DA games or even training with their DA team and playing 7 v7 at the same time as they are playing HS, the bigger problem is the risk that they are reported to the CIF. Their high school team would have to forfeit all the games in which they've played. Even if DA turns a blind eye, the CIF will not. Pretty selfish for anyone to do this and put their HS team in that kind of predicament.
I believe the post said they played HS and RETURNED to DA. Which is not allowed. But, with nobody policing......meh! Bunch of crap anyway.

Again jpetey -- As I mentioned (and you apparently aren't aware of given you don't have kids playing in DA) ... DA doesn't go after the second week of December and starts back up with training mid January (when HS tourneys are staring up) with matches the first week of February ... Which conflict DI-rectly with the Spring HS ball (District play early Feb-mid Mar) played in many of the southern states. And if you're referring to HS fall ball played in the rest of the county ... it's in DI-rect conflict entirely. Please Sir.

I don't know where your from by our last day regular fall season da game was nov 23rd, on break in December until mid Jan for those not playing HS or attending showcase. There were couple DA games in Feb and our HS regular season ended before then for my player. There where no conflicts and we had 6 players doing both, 2 of them played through Feb with High school since they had playoffs. During that time they weren't practicing or da playing so again no problems. This is for local teams in the SW and that's how HS soccer works here December through February in our district.

I don't know where your from by our last day regular fall season da game was nov 23rd, on break in December until mid Jan for those not playing HS or attending showcase. There were couple DA games in Feb and our HS regular season ended before then for my player. There where no conflicts and we had 6 players doing both, 2 of them played through Feb with High school since they had playoffs. During that time they weren't practicing or da playing so again no problems. This is for local teams in the SW and that's how HS soccer works here December through February in our district.
December Showcase in Florida......

So mostly the older girls who have already committed?

That Adidas tournaments is a HS preseason holiday one to get in some games before the start of regular league. There a bunch of those tournaments around the same time but this one I recall is a boys tournament that has a good draw of some higher ranked ones, there are normally some college staff around but mostly local ones I would think but maybe somebody who attended can give more info.

Back