DA to high school soccer-and back again?

Thank you! I didn't even know you could play DA "part time". Interesting. But it also sounds like once you return to the DA, you can't go back to part time, right? So if you play DA, go part time to play 1 season of HS soccer and then return to the DA full time after that season, it sounds like you can't go back to part time status for the next season of HS. Am I interpreting that rule right?
My understanding is that the rule applies to each DA season separately i.e. resets every summer.

Thank you! I didn't even know you could play DA "part time". Interesting. But it also sounds like once you return to the DA, you can't go back to part time, right? So if you play DA, go part time to play 1 season of HS soccer and then return to the DA full time after that season, it sounds like you can't go back to part time status for the next season of HS. Am I interpreting that rule right?
It was called DP, "Developmental Player" when my dd was offered this option after 8th grade. Part time DA Player sounds way better imho

Part time DA Player sounds way better imho
You get the benefit of high level DA training and games, while also still playing with your friends, in front of your classmates. Given that the vast majority of our players will not play at D1 schools or professionally, if your high school has a really good program, you can maybe get the best of both worlds. At least that's my hope. Personally, I benefit from teaching at a high school with a GREAT program, and my son will be coming to school with me next year. If your high school program is not so good, then that would be an entirely different calculation.

Back