DA Cup Competition for 2019/2020

This just seems like a clean way to introduce a two tier system, and acknowledge that most clubs in GDA are not remotely competitive compared to the top clubs. That is important to USSF if the goal is to stop the continued defection of top clubs to ECNL.

Anyone else notice something a bit different in the regional map in the link? Did GDA announce they were combining the SE and Atlantic divisions? The magi seems to suggest that. That should make Tophat and a couple of NC clubs happy.

How does this idea sit with teams in SoCal, aren't clubs 3-6 kind of indistinguishable? I guess the idea of competition is cool... but how many clubs in that 3-6 ranking might rather avoid subjecting themselves to this kind of relegation?
No clue what alternate universe you live in... but most GDA teams at this point would whole handily beat any ECNL team or other team in any league. Other than GB and the Blues at 01/02...I would love to know who YOU think could beat the DA champion from any other age group last year..,complete idiotic statement...

No clue what alternate universe you live in... but most GDA teams at this point would whole handily beat any ECNL team or other team in any league. Other than GB and the Blues at 01/02...I would love to know who YOU think could beat the DA champion from any other age group last year..,complete idiotic statement...

PDA or LAFC Slammers across multiple age groups to name but two...

Both leagues have powerhouses, weaklings and middle of the road teams. Stop with the "this league is best" crap, please.

Just look at the latest and results at Surf and Silverlakes . Plenty of GDA teams lost to ECNL teams- we have already established at the older ages, with families that have experience with ECNL, there are plenty of amazing players in ECNL and at the younger ages, with the propaganda and the YNT pressure more elite players have moved to GDA. Doesn’t mean that the GDA is superior- this is becoming a tired argument and wondering why so many have to keep trying to make that argument - maybe to convince themselves.

Mvla 04’s are pretty good!!

"pretty good" is a spot on analysis of this team. Saw them play a couple in SD ... Seems like they'd have trouble with the pace of play + physicality of some of the top 2004 GDA sides.
Last time MVLA played Placer, a GDA playoff semi finalist this year, the score was 7-0. And last time they played the Quakes, the GDA champion, they beat them and beat them countless times before that when they were with DeAnza. MVLA beat 2 GDA playoff teams last month in Silverlakes by scores of 6-1 and 4-1, and beat three GDA teams last summer in Silverlakes, losing none. They have never lost to a GDA team. Yeah, but that mythical GDA physicality though. LOL.

Last time MVLA played Placer, a GDA playoff semi finalist this year, the score was 7-0. And last time they played the Quakes, the GDA champion, they beat them and beat them countless times before that when they were with DeAnza. MVLA beat 2 GDA playoff teams last month in Silverlakes by scores of 6-1 and 4-1, and beat three GDA teams last summer in Silverlakes, losing none. They have never lost to a GDA team. Yeah, but that mythical GDA physicality though. LOL.
It's one age group. And we have already stated they (MVLA 04) are one if not the best 04 team. It has been mentioned by myself and a few others. I have not taken a stake in this conversation which league is better and I will not, but there are age groups where ECNL is quite inferior. And, I am only referring to Cali teams.

It's one age group. And we have already stated they (MVLA 04) are one if not the best 04 team. It has been mentioned by myself and a few others. I have not taken a stake in this conversation which league is better and I will not, but there are age groups where ECNL is quite inferior. And, I am only referring to Cali teams.
Read the post I was replying to about not being able to hang with GDA speed of play and physicality, and get back to me. I never said one league is better and really don’t care. Just pointing out that the assclown I was responding to is wrong.

Read the post I was replying to about not being able to hang with GDA speed of play and physicality, and get back to me. I never said one league is better and really don’t care. Just pointing out that the assclown I was responding to is wrong.
Your message in your last two statements says otherwise. Its leads to who is better or a misunderstanding. We have no control on these leagues, but we can at least acknowledge who is justly good and leave it at that.

Your message in your last two statements says otherwise. Its leads to who is better or a misunderstanding. We have no control on these league, but we can at least acknowledge who is justly good and leave it at that.
What? The post I responded to was where that clown disparages an ECNL team with the “GDA plays faster and more physical” spin. Maybe you should be replying to that guy since his post “leads to a who is better or a misunderstanding”.

What? The post I responded to was where that clown disparages one team in one age group with the GDA plays faster and more physical spin. Maybe you should be replying to that guy since his post “lead to a who is better or a misunderstanding”.

No there not pretty good. There really good! If you think mlva they can’t keep pace your highly mistaken. That can compete with any GDA team in there age group and will will give the 04 quakes a run for there money. There very well coached and there very physical. Coming from a assclown!!

What? The post I responded to was where that clown disparages an ECNL team with the “GDA plays faster and more physical” spin. Maybe you should be replying to that guy since his post “leads to a who is better or a misunderstanding”.

"Assclown" (such class!) ... "Last time" (closing in on 2 years ago now when they were still itty bits aren't we?) ... "Silverlakes" (Silverlakes) ... Dude ... C'mon now :rolleyes:

We had to come see the mythical (to use one of your own) legend that is (now was) MVLA and yes ... I (we) believe that they'd have trouble with pace of play and physicality vs the current GDA brass based on the couple of matches we saw. Given that you've got your hackles up in such a tissy, I'm guessing that you have a lil' princess on that side ballster ...
If so, I apologize for any offense you may have taken here. Just an observation.

"Assclown" (such class!) ... "Last time" (closing in on 2 years ago now when they were still itty bits aren't we?) ... "Silverlakes" (Silverlakes) ... Dude ... C'mon now :rolleyes:

We had to come see the mythical (to use one of your own) legend that is (now was) MVLA and yes ... I (we) believe that they'd have trouble with pace of play and physicality vs the current GDA brass based on the couple of matches we saw. Given that you've got your hackles up in such a tissy, I'm guessing that you have a lil' princess on that side ballster ...
If so, I apologize for any offense you may have taken here. Just an observation.

MVLA's girls 2004 ECNL team are a great team that can give anyone in their age group a game to put it mildly, not sure why you'd observe their speed of play to be slow. Can you please give specific examples of games where they struggled and how?

You should recommend this GDA league to @Luis Andres. That way his daughter's team could go around proclaiming to be "the best" without having to worry about getting humiliated by Slammers anymore.

Hmmmm, let me see. Your logic seems to be that the real games where an ECNL team did not struggle, and dominated, against GDA teams recently at Silverlakes somehow don't count, while the mythical games in your imagination where the ECNL team struggles against GDA teams in your head count more. And that real games against "GDA brass" from a couple of years ago, where again the ECNL team did not struggle and dominated, also don't count because those teams they beat somehow magically started to play faster and more physical once they put the GDA patch on their uniforms, while the ECNL team started to play slower and less physical because after they decided to keep their ECNL patch.
And you wonder why I called you an assclown.

Did you not just give a “thumbs up” to soccer 43’s post above? Are your and Fred Fred’s dd on the same team?

Hmmmm, let me see. Your logic seems to be that the real games where an ECNL team did not struggle, and dominated, against GDA teams recently at Silverlakes somehow don't count, while the mythical games in your imagination where the ECNL team struggles against GDA teams in your head count more. And that real games against "GDA brass" from a couple of years ago, where again the ECNL team did not struggle and dominated, also don't count because those teams they beat somehow magically started to play faster and more physical once they put the GDA patch on their uniforms, while the ECNL team started to play slower and less physical because after they decided to keep their ECNL patch.
And you wonder why I called you an assclown.

Awesome response! Just awesome!!

Considering MVLA 04’s made it to ECNL semifinals and beat DA teams with both their starting center backs out with acls for a year and another forward out the season with injury is called depth. Girls stepping in for positions they don’t normally play is impressive. They are doing great regardless. Fully healthy teams don’t accomplish this. Whatever makes you feel good about your team/league whatever. I’m confident they’ll be more than fine.

My Sons ... My rebellious Sons! You rah-rahs are just the cutest aren't ya?

Let's have a look back on what my simple, "pretty good" analysis of a team that just happens to be of the ENCL variety combined with you kids assuming that I'm one of those all in GDA guys ... Ho-Lee-Hell ... GREATNESS!

And all of this ^ without even a hint of the ole' GDA is better than ECNL talk ... I mean ... My Goodness Fellas. You're better than this ... aren't ya?

Back