D1 college soccer under threat

Why can you find NCAA women's soccer scores on ESPN? You can find all other scores but why not women college soccer scores? I tried searching online and couldn't find one article of interest regarding this problem. I'm curious, have anyone ever thought about this?
I get them on the ESPN App. haven’t gone to ESPN.com and looked.

Why can you find NCAA women's soccer scores on ESPN? You can find all other scores but why not women college soccer scores? I tried searching online and couldn't find one article of interest regarding this problem. I'm curious, have anyone ever thought about this?
Try this site. It has a calendar of games with scores. If you click into the matchups it will take you to a schools site and there is a link to watch live streamed games.
http://woso-stats.ml/college/2020/composite_arpi

Last edited:
If you have ESPN+, you can watch most games there and they have games on demand as well.
I have ESPN+, I just wanted to see where I could find game scores. Not happy with ESPN+ because some games I'm not authorized to watch and majority of those games are the SEC games. Why is that?

I have ESPN+, I just wanted to see where I could find game scores. Not happy with ESPN+ because some games I'm not authorized to watch and majority of those games are the SEC games. Why is that?
You may have the SEC channel on your cable service. If so, you need to watch it there. I have the same issue with ACC games.

NY and NJ also have the highest population density of all the states. Airborne diseases spread more easily in areas with higher population densities (like college campuses). It is the combination of COVID deaths per capita and population density that provide a meanignful comparison between states.
Yep. I’d add that NY was one of the states hit hardest the earliest. So they were the rest of the country’s guinea pig, so to speak. There positive test rate is less than 1% (.94).

LA County has been below 1% the entire month of August....yet here we are.
That’s encouraging. For me, personally, I’d rather be safe than sorry when it comes to potential long term health complications. I have a friend whose college soccer daughter got sick along with the majority of the team. This was in early August. They were social distancing, masks, no contact practice, etc. However, they were lifting weights indoors where ventilation isn’t great—they are suspecting that’s how they got sick. Her daughter felt pretty sick but was able to feel close to normal after about 2 weeks. There are a couple of players who are still experiencing breathing issues (easily out of breath) 6 weeks later. Another friend’s son plays baseball for a college in TX. A player blew off quarantine and infected a bunch of other players. This all happened last week. Most players are symptomatic but no word on how bad. Her son getting an MRI for heart inflammation next week.

As soon as we were close to moving to “red” they decide to hold off a little longer to see if the Labor Day festivities will cause a spike.....moving the goal posts again....

You may have the SEC channel on your cable service. If so, you need to watch it there. I have the same issue with ACC games.

Sling TV has most of the networks and Hulu Live also has a lot to offer. I tried ESPN+ and that is a rip off of a subscription, it is hit or miss on what they will allow you to watch and there is no explanation for it. The technical support number for ESPN is horrible.

If D1 college soccer goes away- do those players play d2?
or d3...both my DD's play d3 in upstate NY, 1 was recruited several years ago, okay grades and she received a very nice "merit based" scholarship, not tied to playing soccer, she's a senior this year and the season was pushed back until Spring (if it happens), she still wanted to go back to school this year even with the lockdown and no idea of a season. Our youngest was recruited to play for the same school, VERY good grades and she received a HUGE "merit based" scholarship. When the offer was made I was thinking, "I sure hope she takes it!", (it worked out to be way less than any CA State or UC school), again, "merit based" not tied to playing soccer. She's now a soph. and also wanted to go back even without a current season set. Both made the dean's list and honors list each year so far (probably because there's not much else to do), both still training and holding out hope of playing this year. The point is, the sport will remain, in what form, I don't think anyone has a clear idea, especially the longer this goes on. The pool of money at d1 is small to begin with, I believe it was 14 scholarships per year and usually only 1 full ride as the rest is split with other players, some getting little to next to nothing. Reducing the roster at d1 may help somewhat, reducing number of games, travel, I don't think anyone knows but, it's going to change. The player's today need to look at all options if they want to continue to play on after club, this is going to be a very strange recruiting year

That’s encouraging. For me, personally, I’d rather be safe than sorry when it comes to potential long term health complications. I have a friend whose college soccer daughter got sick along with the majority of the team. This was in early August. They were social distancing, masks, no contact practice, etc. However, they were lifting weights indoors where ventilation isn’t great—they are suspecting that’s how they got sick. Her daughter felt pretty sick but was able to feel close to normal after about 2 weeks. There are a couple of players who are still experiencing breathing issues (easily out of breath) 6 weeks later. Another friend’s son plays baseball for a college in TX. A player blew off quarantine and infected a bunch of other players. This all happened last week. Most players are symptomatic but no word on how bad. Her son getting an MRI for heart inflammation next week.
Update on this post. One soccer player from the group that got sick is STILL not cleared to play due to abnormal heart issues that continue after getting sick. No underlying conditions. Baseball player I mentioned in my post is ok and is practicing.

This virus is just too unpredictable. So many focusing on the low mortality rate for younger kids, accurately stating its extremely low, but not enough is known about long term complications IMO. I think we’ll have a vaccine or effective antiviral by 2021, so as sucky as it is to miss an entire season...in the long run it’s not as bad as health problems that may effect the rest of player’s life.

exactly right - the virus is highly unpredictable. Many athletes are testing positive but either asymptomatic of full recovery from mild symptoms and no extended consequences. Hoping that they post some new research on the numbers from all of this. I hear anectodal stories like the above but what are the statistics on this over the NCAA athletes as a whole? If your player is the one with complications nothing about how rare that is would make it less upsetting but it would still be helpful to see the larger picture.

exactly right - the virus is highly unpredictable. Many athletes are testing positive but either asymptomatic of full recovery from mild symptoms and no extended consequences. Hoping that they post some new research on the numbers from all of this. I hear anectodal stories like the above but what are the statistics on this over the NCAA athletes as a whole? If your player is the one with complications nothing about how rare that is would make it less upsetting but it would still be helpful to see the larger picture.
It’s zero percent death rate world wide for athletes.

It’s zero percent death rate world wide for athletes.

Rounding down?

- Francisco Garcia (21), Spanish football coach, died on March 17 in Malaga
- Shobushi (28), Japanese sumo wrestler, died on May 13
- Muhammad Alloush (44), Egyptian football coach, died on June 29

I left out all of the ones over 50.

And here is a short list of current athletes who recovered --

Back