D1 college soccer under threat

Let's hope that stays in place - I renew something I have said upthread and in another thread (or two): I think the NLI date will change back to the early Feb date since the impact on each program and the NCAA overall will be clearer. Just seems to hard to have NLIs signed in mid-November since there may still be uncertainty. (I think the mid-Nov date has only been in place for the classes of 2019 and 2020 so moving to Feb would not be a huge change)

Let's hope that stays in place - I renew something I have said upthread and in another thread (or two): I think the NLI date will change back to the early Feb date since the impact on each program and the NCAA overall will be clearer. Just seems to hard to have NLIs signed in mid-November since there may still be uncertainty. (I think the mid-Nov date has only been in place for the classes of 2019 and 2020 so moving to Feb would not be a huge change)

So what happens to the teams playing now? At least we have an idea now.

This would seem important as it relates to sports/soccer.

Fauci says the arrival of a vaccine won’t mean life will return to normal, perhaps for more than a year.

“If you’re talking about getting back to a degree of normality which resembles where we were prior to COVID, it’s going to be well into 2021, maybe even towards the end of 2021,said the director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases on Friday.

But Fauci warned that widespread distribution and getting “the majority, or more, of the population vaccinated and protected” won’t happen until perhaps the end 2021,

This would seem important as it relates to sports/soccer.

Fauci says the arrival of a vaccine won’t mean life will return to normal, perhaps for more than a year.

“If you’re talking about getting back to a degree of normality which resembles where we were prior to COVID, it’s going to be well into 2021, maybe even towards the end of 2021,said the director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases on Friday.

But Fauci warned that widespread distribution and getting “the majority, or more, of the population vaccinated and protected” won’t happen until perhaps the end 2021,

to me, the key to a return to something more “normal” prior to wide deployment of a safe vaccine is ubiquity of rapid tests and continued adherence to social distancing/mask recommendations (or increasing compliance in communities where that doesn’t happen). The technology exists for the former but not sure the will exists for the latter.

As soon as a vaccine is widely available it's back to playing and all businesses will open. Any other measures taken will be up to the state, county, etc.

By spring there will be multiple vaccines on the market and numerous treatments.

As soon as a vaccine is widely available it's back to playing and all businesses will open. Any other measures taken will be up to the state, county, etc.

By spring there will be multiple vaccines on the market and numerous treatments.
Don’t worry so much about a vaccine...stay focused on perfecting the multiple treatments currently in use around the world. We’ve learned a lot about the virus in the last 9 months, how it presents, how it affects the body, why certain pre-existing conditions are more susceptible and most importantly how to treat it more effectively and efficiently.

Don’t worry so much about a vaccine...stay focused on perfecting the multiple treatments currently in use around the world. We’ve learned a lot about the virus in the last 9 months, how it presents, how it affects the body, why certain pre-existing conditions are more susceptible and most importantly how to treat it more effectively and efficiently.
It seems that we have not learned how to deploy enough rapid testing capability to make anything other than a vaccine our only hope of a return to normal.

I have little faith in projections beyond a few weeks. Also, states are rather independent in what they choose to do. I don't expect that to change either. I could see CA, NM or HI waiting that long, but not TX, AZ or FL.
That could hurt with local recruiting, ya? Come to Florida and play now instead of all the what ifs and all the _______________. If CA was like TX, things would be very different now in our country.

Back