D1 college soccer under threat

@Simisoccerfan- So how did it go dropping off your DD at school? Any challenges? Would like you hear how your experience turned out..

We left Sunday. Hit Zion, then Bryce then Arches National Park today. Now in Grand Junction. Next two days are all travel till the weekend in Nashville then on to JMU. Great trip with my daughters. She reports on Monday.

We left Sunday. Hit Zion, then Bryce then Arches National Park today. Now in Grand Junction. Next two days are all travel till the weekend in Nashville then on to JMU. Great trip with my daughters. She reports on Monday.
Man that sounds amazing. Time you'll never have otherwise. Always wanted to go to Arches National Park. Nashville should be fun. Keep me posted. Thanks!

I'm curious if anyone know the answer here regarding recruiting and committed. Mvla 04 is the best team in ECNL California correct. Why do they only have 1 04 committed to college vs other 04 teams have multiple players who have committed? Can anyone answer this question? Do the club not promote players committing too soon?

I'm curious if anyone know the answer here regarding recruiting and committed. Mvla 04 is the best team in ECNL California correct. Why do they only have 1 04 committed to college vs other 04 teams have multiple players who have committed? Can anyone answer this question? Do the club not promote players committing too soon?
How many of their ‘04’s are from the Graduating Class of 2022?

They have at least 3 committed that I know of and one more that has lots of options but is taking her time.

They have at least 3 committed that I know of and one more that has lots of options but is taking her time.
It is also still very early. By the time they move on to college many of those girls will be playing college soccer.

Last year they couldn't talk to coaches. This summer they were allowed to...but I believe the NCAA pushed that date back.

So...give it time. You will see the commits

How was the rest of you trip? Any quarantine your daughter has to go through before reporting to campus?

Back home now. Since we were driving instead of flying their was no quarantine required prior to reporting to camp. Upon reporting she was tested and immediately quarantined until the results are in. This was suppose to be 3+ days but she just got her result within 24 hours and it was negative!

Back home now. Since we were driving instead of flying their was no quarantine required prior to reporting to camp. Upon reporting she was tested and immediately quarantined until the results are in. This was suppose to be 3+ days but she just got her result within 24 hours and it was negative!
Thanks for sharing and good luck with your daughter! Big fan of women club players playing college soccer!

The Big West Conference Board of Directors announced today that Big West fall sports competition will be postponed through the end of the calendar year.

Every other school I’ve heard about says their kids arrive, isolate for 5 days and then test. They treat their first day on campus as their last possible “exposure” day and it takes a few days in order not to test too early. Interesting they tested the day they arrived. When I was exposed I couldn’t get tested until 5-7 days after the exposure date as my doctor said if I had it the test wouldn’t show it. Were they supposed to isolate before they came in?

Currently there are 3 MVLA '04s committed: Stanford, Stanford and Santa Clara. Two of them committed last year before the rule change, the other committed recently. Can't speak for all her teammates but my daughter is taking her time, enjoying getting to know all the schools and coaches. And would not feel comfortable committing without visiting the school. The coaches have respected her timeline. Phone calls, zoom meetings and even hand written mailings are still going on. Hopefully the NCAA dead period will end soon....

Currently there are 3 MVLA '04s committed: Stanford, Stanford and Santa Clara. Two of them committed last year before the rule change, the other committed recently. Can't speak for all her teammates but my daughter is taking her time, enjoying getting to know all the schools and coaches. And would not feel comfortable committing without visiting the school. The coaches have respected her timeline. Phone calls, zoom meetings and even hand written mailings are still going on. Hopefully the NCAA dead period will end soon....
I hope my dd team gets a chance to play against all that talent. Nocal has lot's talented 04s and i think they might have the best in one area.

Every other school I’ve heard about says their kids arrive, isolate for 5 days and then test. They treat their first day on campus as their last possible “exposure” day and it takes a few days in order not to test too early. Interesting they tested the day they arrived. When I was exposed I couldn’t get tested until 5-7 days after the exposure date as my doctor said if I had it the test wouldn’t show it. Were they supposed to isolate before they came in?

I am not a doctor or an expert on pandemics nor do I have all of the details. My understanding was the players that were flying had to arrive early to quarantine. Those that were driving did not have to come early but we did make extra sure that we wore mask, washed hands and stayed a distance from others. This is only the first step. Players are still isolated right now. Later in the week they will start training in pods of 8 with no interaction between pods for a few weeks. Testing will also continue. All on the slim hope that there is a season. My question to you is how many schools is "every other school I've heard about"?

The Big West Conference Board of Directors announced today that Big West fall sports competition will be postponed through the end of the calendar year.

That blows. I wonder which P5 conference is going to be the first to fall?

Back