CSL Premier UCI Field Issues

While I understand that CSL was powerless in the face of the Rams training camp at UCI, the field situation is still a joke. After moving the first couple of weekends of league games to San Bernardino to let the fields "be ready", they started using UCI. First they sent out an email saying that there were only three fields available (with two of them being the new, improved training fields) and that the other fields were unplayable. That lasted only one weekend. Apparently spectators were not allowed on the sidelines of the new fields and some parents sat there anyway and refused to move. Instead of doing the obvious and forfeiting those games, the UCI/CSL group decided to punish everyone and stated that the new fields would not be used and now UCI is down to two fields set up in the areas that were previously "unplayable". In addition to the inconvenience to all the CSL Premier families, the poor food vendors now have a 60% drop in traffic compared to last year.

On a personnel level, they have known about this for some time now, yet we received notification today 10/10/16 that this Saturday's (10/15/16) GU18 Premier game is moved to Great Orange Park (which is not a problem) and the game time is changed from 2:00 P.M to 5:15 PM (which is a problem during homecoming season). While I am sure this is a difficult situation for CSL, I find it hard to believe this was the best solution they could come up with.

Hey, at least the Rams got to have a good training camp and lots of great publicity with all the CSL Premier families! Good job UCI!

I used to pay to park. I now park on the street on Innovation Drive which is a five minute walk from the field. It is free.

Back