Covid Cure - Liverpool v. Chelsea

If you like attacking soccer you need to see this game. I won't give away all the details but it was a spectacular game with some amazing goals. Pulisic came on in the 2nd half and just took over for Chelsea. I've been skeptical of him at times, but he was the REAL DEAL yesterday. Liverpool's last goal was an insane counterattack off a Chelsea free kick not far outside their offensive box.

If you like attacking soccer you need to see this game. I won't give away all the details but it was a spectacular game with some amazing goals. Pulisic came on in the 2nd half and just took over for Chelsea. I've been skeptical of him at times, but he was the REAL DEAL yesterday. Liverpool's last goal was an insane counterattack off a Chelsea free kick not far outside their offensive box.
The Covid rest period has done wonders for Pulisic! He came back into the squad firing on all cylinders. Hope his trajectory continues!

I can see some coaches tearing their hair out on the last Liverpool goal - "That's not real soccer!"
I realize your shtick is to be a contrarian but that was beautiful soccer. Quick decision making, one/two touch passing (I know Sane had 3), movement off the ball, excellent field vision and perfect side-foot finishing technique. It doesn't get any better than that.

I realize your shtick is to be a contrarian but that was beautiful soccer. Quick decision making, one/two touch passing (I know Sane had 3), movement off the ball, excellent field vision and perfect side-foot finishing technique. It doesn't get any better than that.

I agree. My contrariness, in this case, was directed at coaches who use that mantra after losing a to a skillful team, especially one that scores using long direct runs and combinations.

While watching the game, I sent a message to my sons' former HS coach (who I know is a big Liverpool fan) that all he has to do this season (whenever that is) is to show his players a video of this game and say "Just play like that".

Back