Congrats to Rebels 01 Marquez

Congrats on the FWR win. I hope you guys do well in TX and rep SoCal into the championship game. I watched two of your games in National Cup, including the championship game, which I thought you guys really should have won. It's nice to see a team that can connect more than 7 passes in a row win titles.

I've kind of followed this team's results from afar way back since u12, before the age split when my kid's team played you guys in the Albion showcase. Y'all had a red-haired right back that was a total shut-down defender back then. We had a stud forward who plays DA now, and that kid locked her up and threw away the key in that game. Looked like she's maybe still on the team, but it was hard to tell from the distance I was at, maybe her hair isn't as fire engine red as it once was?

Anyway, I think it's great to see teams stick together over the years and age group changes and league nonsense. Well done.

Rebels Elite 2001 Marquez is the 2018 U17 Girls National Champions. They represented SoCal very well, by playing the kind of soccer that you enjoy watching. A possession style like the Spaniards made popular. They had a similar loss on their first bracket like they did at FWR, this time against FCKC, actually had a 2-0 lead only to fall 3-2. Only to meet them in a rematch in the Finals. While not their best game. The team grinded and stood their ground. In the end they wound up on top 1-0, and became National Champions. As parents we are looking forward to try and repeat. This team is only going to get better and looking to keep its status as the #1 team in the Nation.

Rebels Elite 2001 Marquez is the 2018 U17 Girls National Champions. They represented SoCal very well, by playing the kind of soccer that you enjoy watching. A possession style like the Spaniards made popular. They had a similar loss on their first bracket like they did at FWR, this time against FCKC, actually had a 2-0 lead only to fall 3-2. Only to meet them in a rematch in the Finals. While not their best game. The team grinded and stood their ground. In the end they wound up on top 1-0, and became National Champions. As parents we are looking forward to try and repeat. This team is only going to get better and looking to keep its status as the #1 team in the Nation.
So happy for this team!!! Congrats to all the girls and their families!!

[QUOTE=" This team is only going to get better and looking to keep its status as the #1 team in the Nation.[/QUOTE]
I’d have to Stongly disagree that Rebels is the #1 team in the nation. I’m not sure they are in the top 10 in the 01’ Age group.

[QUOTE=" This team is only going to get better and looking to keep its status as the #1 team in the Nation.
I’d have to Stongly disagree that Rebels is the #1 team in the nation. I’m not sure they are in the top 10 in the 01’ Age group.[/QUOTE]

Team plays fantastic possession based soccer and has loads of accomplishments on its resume. Would love to get your insight on the top 10 in the nation and your rankings for the G01 age group. In my opinion this Rebels team would beat 50% of the SW Conference ECNL teams and quite possibly 50% of the So Cal DA teams as well......

They may play the most beautiful soccer you’ve ever seen until it’s against a team that will cut off those angles and pressure them to make perfect passes. I absolutely think they’re a quality side but #1 in the nation?? They are Ranked #1 on GOTSOCCER because they play tournaments that that website gives points for. I think we can both agree that the National League isn’t anywhere near as strong as ECNL & DA Correct? So let’s take just So Cal, Blues Baker, Mustangs, San Juan Spirit, MVLA, Davis Legacy and then we dip into the 01/02 (Which I know Changes) DA age group with Slammers or Surf , Legends and so on that’s just Here! But if you go down the teams body of work they haven’t beat any team of substance. #1 in the Nation doesn’t lose to Blues Baker 3-0, Davis Legacy 3-0, Tie West Coast/Surf/MilanAcademy/USAStars/PremierNavy. My point is there’s no way you can be #1 in the nation playing in a 3rd Tier League and not have success against the top So Cal teams when opportunity arises. Top Drawer Soccer has the most accurate Rankings for all age groups.

All good points OldSpeed and couldn't agree more with you. I think RM has done an amazing job with that group and I think some good players from his quality G00 side have dropped down to join the G'01 for the season making them stronger this season. I think they on any given day they would still be a tough out for anyone. I also would be willing to predict that this team and RM have put the club on the map on the girls side. I think ECNL and DA could be in the clubs future some day soon. For not having the pick of the top talent in the area I tip my hat to them and agree that they arent #1 in the Nation but a good side!

I agree, and apologize if it sounded like I was trying to discredit their accomplishment. I’ve seen my dd’s team play them and they are well coached and very skilled. What should happen at the end of the season is whoever won ECNL, DA, National League Championship should have some sort of unification game to actually be able to claim best in the age group or a True “National Champion”. I mean come on who wouldn’t want to See the ECNL Champions vs DA for winner take All?

True, take away DA, ECNL and yes, they are Number 1 in the Nation in GotSoccer . It can't be helped that Rebels has been in my opinion overlooked for both those leagues. Given that they hold that rank, all the team can do is keep playing the style that has made them the success that they have are. So if they can three peat in CRL, Coast Premier, and hopefully win National League and somehow repeat as National Champions. Then that's fine by me. They get to add another star to their logo.
I totally understand that GotSoccer is not the end all be all ranking system. However, it's the one that recognizes Rebels Elite 2001 as top team for the age group.

Unfortunately I don't think we will ever have an undisputed champion with so many leagues. So all I can do is recognize that other ranking sites have them ranked differently. It doesn't change my outlook and statement about looking forward to watching them try and win it all again. Next time I will put an asterix, this doesn't include DA or ECNL.

Also this is not the same team that lost against Blues or Davis. It's much different but I concede that in order to be the true number 1 you have to beat the DA or ECNL's number 1's.

It is frustrating that neither ECNL or DA have rewarded the team with a chance to play in those leagues. Having watched the Rebels play against LA Galaxy SD, Albion, Del Mar Sharks, Surf and others. I know that they could hold their own, partially biased, I would say that in the West they would be top 10 in either league if not higher. However that's just and opinion and would be hard to ever prove, as they could never really test each other.

Until then, all Rebels can do is play where they are allowed to play, against those teams that also suffer from not being allowed into those other leagues, and play the best soccer they can.

True, take away DA, ECNL and yes, they are Number 1 in the Nation in GotSoccer . It can't be helped that Rebels has been in my opinion overlooked for both those leagues. Given that they hold that rank, all the team can do is keep playing the style that has made them the success that they have are. So if they can three peat in CRL, Coast Premier, and hopefully win National League and somehow repeat as National Champions. Then that's fine by me. They get to add another star to their logo.
I totally understand that GotSoccer is not the end all be all ranking system. However, it's the one that recognizes Rebels Elite 2001 as top team for the age group.

Unfortunately I don't think we will ever have an undisputed champion with so many leagues. So all I can do is recognize that other ranking sites have them ranked differently. It doesn't change my outlook and statement about looking forward to watching them try and win it all again. Next time I will put an asterix, this doesn't include DA or ECNL.

Also this is not the same team that lost against Blues or Davis. It's much different but I concede that in order to be the true number 1 you have to beat the DA or ECNL's number 1's.

It is frustrating that neither ECNL or DA have rewarded the team with a chance to play in those leagues. Having watched the Rebels play against LA Galaxy SD, Albion, Del Mar Sharks, Surf and others. I know that they could hold their own, partially biased, I would say that in the West they would be top 10 in either league if not higher. However that's just and opinion and would be hard to ever prove, as they could never really test each other.

Until then, all Rebels can do is play where they are allowed to play, against those teams that also suffer from not being allowed into those other leagues, and play the best soccer they can.
Out of Curiosity Where are some of the Girls on the Rebels 01’ Team committed?

Congrats to the Rebels team and RM.

As long as Rebels maintains their reputation as having some of the most unruly spectators, they will not get into ECNL or DA. RM’s team spectators are well behaved, but most of the other teams and coaches have reputations for horrible behavior. Just look at all the problems Rebels’ sidelines had in their own tournament including two Rebels coaches from different teams that got into a fight during a game or the Rebels dad that stepped onto the field to push a player from another team, or the Rebels team a couple years ago that were not allowed to have spectators at any their fall league games. I know a good number of Rebels coaches and the behavior of the parents frustrates them.

Out of Curiosity Where are some of the Girls on the Rebels 01’ Team committed?
The team is made up of about a little more than half '01 and the rest '02. The team is fortunate to play the style that alot of colleges like, as a result they have a few commits. Some of the colleges are SDSU, UC Irvine, Gonzaga, UNLV, Northern Arizona University, Eastern Washington and Mississippi State for now.

For not having the pick of the top talent in the area
Actually they do! Some of those girls could be starters at DA/ECNL teams shall the parents of those girls decided to spend more $$$ and gamble on the quality of coaching.

RM’s team spectators are well behaved, but most of the other teams and coaches have reputations for horrible behavior. Just look at all the problems Rebels’ sidelines had in their own tournament including two Rebels coaches from different teams that got into a fight during a game or the Rebels dad that stepped onto the field to push a player from another team
Another problem is that some of those coaches are territorial and can't get along with other coaches within the same age group. scrimmages within the club are almost non existent!

RM is by far the best coach that club has and he had 2 really good coaches(SS and CR) help him train this group and they achieved the best result that they can possibly attain.

Congrats to the Rebels team and RM.

As long as Rebels maintains their reputation as having some of the most unruly spectators, they will not get into ECNL or DA. RM’s team spectators are well behaved, but most of the other teams and coaches have reputations for horrible behavior. Just look at all the problems Rebels’ sidelines had in their own tournament including two Rebels coaches from different teams that got into a fight during a game or the Rebels dad that stepped onto the field to push a player from another team, or the Rebels team a couple years ago that were not allowed to have spectators at any their fall league games. I know a good number of Rebels coaches and the behavior of the parents frustrates them.
There’s DA on the boys side of the Rebels tho
And you really think teams don’t get da or ecnl because of the behavior of the parents?? Kinda feel you’re discrediting the whole club for a few bad apples.. i just seen so crazy stuff happen with a few coaches and parents yesterday.. it happens..
Anyways congratulations to RM!! im very happy RM&CR are coaching my daughters 05 team

Actually they do! Some of those girls could be starters at DA/ECNL teams shall the parents of those girls decided to spend more $$$ and gamble on the quality of coaching.[/QUOTE
The question isn't that they don't have top talent. My DD was at Surf and was asked to DP for ECNL teams, as well as asked to be on a few DA teams, and most of the other commits could easily start on DA/ECNL. Yet I believe that some of the best soccer is being played here at Rebels SC. However you are very correct about the gamble when it comes to quality of coaching. Ryan Marquez is the best coach that my DD has been with. I know she will be ready to play at the D1 level when the time comes. It's unfortunate that talent leaves for those other clubs because they are bigger, when in reality if their '01's went head to head. This RM team would most likely win. Also due the fact that
this current '01 team has many '02's, it's looking very promising for next year. Rebels current '02 is playing without some of their best players, because they are playing up. It will be interesting to see how next year unfolds when they play their age as Seniors.

Congratulations once more. Rebel 2001 Elite (Marquez) is consistently playing at the levels that granted them the ECNL . They held firm and have now won National Cup 2019. This is their third straight National Cup appearance now having won 2 of 3. Next up FWR in Boise. With the seniors getting ready for college, it will be a challenge to maintain the same level of game play, but with the style that makes it enjoyable to watch. It will be fun to see how far they can go.

Back