Competition now allowed across California

yes, isn't this amazing what recall can do?
exactly, despite the fact daily covid positive cases are still roughly where they were between september and early december as well as the deaths being worse than what they were at that time.

Some minor updates so some progress for teams within the state only

Still no tournaments, single game each day, CDPH travel advisory for neighboring countries, county local heath guidance still applies.

Until or if LA county updates there youth and recreation sports leagues health orders beyond the 3/25 update nothing has changed for us.

The June 15th date where the blue print tiers go away that the governor talked about yesterday sounds promising and all the guidance will need to updated to reflect that so hopeful for summer tournaments locally.
Does this mean the Cal South State/National Cup for which they are pushing their signup deadline and talking about starting as early as May is a pipe dream?

Does this mean the Cal South State/National Cup for which they are pushing their signup deadline and talking about starting as early as May is a pipe dream?

Unless things change and CDPH and local heath depts update guidance it's going to be very difficult to have traditional Tournaments like st/nt cup prior to June 15th.

CS is about collection your $$ and figuring things out later like the venues and tournament play approvals. They held people's $$ for 6 months or more last go around so buyer beware kind of deal.

Unless things change and CDPH and local heath depts update guidance it's going to be very difficult to have traditional Tournaments like st/nt cup prior to June 15th.

CS is about collection your $$ and figuring things out later like the venues and tournament play approvals. They held people's $$ for 6 months or more last go around so buyer beware kind of deal.
So all these tournaments accepting applications now, just doing it in case things change? Like legends or man city cup?

So all these tournaments accepting applications now, just doing it in case things change? Like legends or man city cup?

Hopefully they go forward, just a matter of timing, when, and where?

Specific tournaments may have contingency plans, dates, move to AZ or specific venues, counties, cities may give exceptions, use of private venues so see what the cancel or postpone policies are for each tournament before you commit.

June 15 is more than likely when this all gets approved. Don’t sign up and pay upfront. You won’t see that money anytime soon if they cancel the event. I signed up for a smaller tournament in San Diego for august they doesn’t require payment yet. It’s the Coronado crown classic. It’s no surf cup but I don’t need to pay now.

yes, isn't this amazing what recall can do?
So are you saying that the recall cleared up the virus numbers? Because I am having trouble understanding how a recall caused the numbers to drop from 60,000 positive tests per day in our state to 2,000.

Can you please explain the logic here? :rolleyes:

So are you saying that the recall cleared up the virus numbers? Because I am having trouble understanding how a recall caused the numbers to drop from 60,000 positive tests per day in our state to 2,000.

Can you please explain the logic here? :rolleyes:
The logic is the positive rates were roughly the same as what it is now during sep to early Dec when stuff was still shut down. And death rates, which was why we locked down in the first place, are still higher now then those months as well. Yes, numbers are improving, but if it was about positivity rates or death rates we should have opened in the summer. The recall threats helped us open up. Though I knew they'd open up soon after biden was elected. Totally political. Especially with teachers unions keeping schools closed. One of bidens favorite doners.

Your numbers are incorrect though. We were on a steady increase and hit over 16,000 cases by December 1st. So you are making your own biased leap that the recall affected the opening. I would argue that he would have opened much sooner if the recall was his motivation.
Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 8.12.12 PM.png

I really wonder which of the top clubs care about Man City Cup....especially at U13+......

This year without many teams gambling on traveling or knowing for sure that the tournament will even go + other late season activities and games going hard to see the numbers or quality being near previous man city cup competition.

The international teams will be missing for the most part so it will be just like any other Tournament that fights for a share of the holiday weekend teams

Back