College Soccer Academy ID camp, is it worth it?

tubeboy

BRONZE
Hello,
I am new to this forum. I wanted to ask what kind of experience people have with College Soccer Academy ID camp operated by Paul Sapsford.
Has anyone gotten interest from a coach that attended? It is open to 8th grader to Seniors, is it worth it for a 9th grader or even an 8th grader to attend, or just get the experience?
Or was this a pathway to get invited to the specific college ID camp?

thank you,

These are fundraisers for the respective soccer programs. Probably only worth it if your daughter is a Junior or Senior, has aspirations to play college soccer, and has not had any contact with a college coach.

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I wanted to ask what kind of experience people haveth College Soccer Academy ID camp operated by Paul Sapsford.
Has anyone gotten interest from a coach that attended? It is open to 8th grader to Seniors, is it worth it for a 9th grader or even an 8th grader to attend, or just get the experience?
Or was this a pathway to get invited to the specific college ID camp?

thank you,

honestly, very rare do these produce any real interest and as someone already said, it's a good fundraiser for the school. That's about it. I've heard a few stories about coaches being interested but they're too far and between to justify spending 100-150 for a kick ball clinic.

Better to go to an ID camp for a school your player is interested in attending. Before that, go to an ID camp somewhere local for them to get experience at how ID camps work.

Better to go to an ID camp for a school your player is interested in attending. Before that, go to an ID camp somewhere local for them to get experience at how ID camps work.

the problem is PARENTS don't know how it works. 99% of the time, coaches are not evaluating players.

the problem is PARENTS don't know how it works. 99% of the time, coaches are not evaluating players.

Run a series of competitive sprints, and then shots on goal with one foot, then the other. That's about 80% of a useful evaluation. When I was "evaluating" unknown younger players I would talk to them while passing a ball back and forth, gradually increasing distance and force.

Run a series of competitive sprints, and then shots on goal with one foot, then the other. That's about 80% of a useful evaluation. When I was "evaluating" unknown younger players I would talk to them while passing a ball back and forth, gradually increasing distance and force.
Were you Doc Espola back then or just "Coach Espola?" when you were "evaluating" the talent?

LOL that's such an American way of thinking. Kick and run...never mind that a kid can't trap or pass the ball..but if they can run and shoot, you're on the team.

Did you read the second sentence?

how can you properly evaluate a player passing the ball back and forth, gradually increasing distance and force? distance has NOTHING to do with possessing, reading the defense/offense. you don't just talk to a player and pass back and forth...put them in situations where they have to make decisions, can they make a good run off the ball, can they defend in tight spaces (or offense make plays/good decisions in tight spaces)? I stand by what I said...you can't evaluate a players strengths using your methodology..lol

how can you properly evaluate a player passing the ball back and forth, gradually increasing distance and force? distance has NOTHING to do with possessing, reading the defense/offense. you don't just talk to a player and pass back and forth...put them in situations where they have to make decisions, can they make a good run off the ball, can they defend in tight spaces (or offense make plays/good decisions in tight spaces)? I stand by what I said...you can't evaluate a players strengths using your methodology..lol

Please continue.

Please don’t waste your breath….

Back