College Entrance Scam includes former Yale Women's Soccer Coach

"Full House" going to the Big House...maybe Mossimo will design Covid masks for fellow inmates?

Yikes!!! Do you think they got all the cheaters in this scandal?

"By Friday, 24 of the 36 parents charged will have pleaded guilty, including "Desperate Housewives" star Felicity Huffman, who received a 14-day prison sentence."

Yikes!!! Do you think they got all the cheaters in this scandal?

"By Friday, 24 of the 36 parents charged will have pleaded guilty, including "Desperate Housewives" star Felicity Huffman, who received a 14-day prison sentence."

No sure more cheaters didn't get caught and I still heard coaching saying minimum NCCA GPA and requirements are all that's need for us to get you in our program.

Not a bad deal for them but now they are convicts, has cost her family millions I would think.

Giannulli’s agreement states he will serve five months in prison, pay a $250,000 fine and have two years of supervised release with 250 hours of community service.

Both agreements are subject to the court’s approval.

b411a550-9b6c-11ea-bfe7-4e85c6dec811

No sure more cheaters didn't get caught and I still heard coaching saying minimum NCCA GPA and requirements are all that's need for us to get you in our program.

Not a bad deal for them but now they are convicts, has cost her family millions I would think.

Giannulli’s agreement states he will serve five months in prison, pay a $250,000 fine and have two years of supervised release with 250 hours of community service.

Both agreements are subject to the court’s approval.

b411a550-9b6c-11ea-bfe7-4e85c6dec811

In October 2019, the USC Registrar confirmed that Olivia and her sister were no longer enrolled at the university, but, due to student privacy laws, the university did not confirm if the sisters were expelled. <Wikipedia>

Well this story just keeps going

Ex-USC soccer coach tells of faking athletic credentials

I hope these people who are going to trial get put away for awhile. Those who pled guilty got off pretty easy. They are all so obviously guilty, yet their arrogance has them taking it to trial.

I read somewhere that coaches got together and split the $50,000 cash among themselves. Another ex-sailing coach said he can;t have all top A+ sailors on the team because they all can;t start. We all know if A+ player is not on the boat they will get all pissed. So you look for C+ sailors who dont give a shit if they sail that day or not. They need to make mama & papa happy by attending Big U. This Rick guy made the cash calls and was the deal maker. This really helps me get a better understanding on how this game works behind the scenes. My mother would be so sad to hear this kind of news from her school :(

Last edited:

My kid got some training from this coach way back in the ulittles days. In the right moment, the lure of hard cash can make fools of any of us.

My kid got some training from this coach way back in the ulittles days. In the right moment, the lure of hard cash can make fools of any of us.

The UCLA men's coach that was busted was actually scheduled to observe and talk with my son and his team the day his involvement became public. Been there previously and was ramping up his recruitment efforts.

I read somewhere that coaches got together and split the $50,000 cash among themselves. Another ex-sailing coach said he can;t have all top A+ sailors on the team because they all can;t start. We all know if A+ player is not on the boat they will get all pissed. So you look for C+ sailors who dont give a shit if they sail that day or not. They need to make mama & papa happy by attending Big U. This Rick guy made the cash calls and was the deal maker. This really helps me get a better understanding on how this game works behind the scenes. My mother would be so sad to hear this kind of news from her school :(

There where/is millions involved and some of them ended up was houses, toys, and vacations that normal college coaches or admins couldn't afford that the govt later proclaimed as illicit.

This scandal did lift the the veil on some of the potential back doors to get in and most university tighten up the pass the potential unqualified students through with lesser educational or qualifications deal some coaches became accustomed to.

There where/is millions involved and some of them ended up was houses, toys, and vacations that normal college coaches or admins couldn't afford that the govt later proclaimed as illicit.

This scandal did lift the the veil on some of the potential back doors to get in and most university tighten up the pass the potential unqualified students through with lesser educational or qualifications deal some coaches became accustomed to.
I get it man. I've learned a lot over the years with girls soccer.

Wow.
I didn't come from a privileged background. My parents put me through college with any money they could scrape together (neither of them were college educated).
How in the hell if you come from a super wealthy family- Do you not have the grades to get into a place like USC? (Harvard or other Ivy's - I can understand). If you, as a parent, who works a ton of hours and makes enough money to pay several hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars to get your get into a back door at "good" school- You have failed as a parent. Send your little shit head to community college and teach them a lesson.

For those of us (most of us, I hope) that did it the right way- Congrats. You are a better person for it.

Wow.
I didn't come from a privileged background. My parents put me through college with any money they could scrape together (neither of them were college educated).
How in the hell if you come from a super wealthy family- Do you not have the grades to get into a place like USC? (Harvard or other Ivy's - I can understand). If you, as a parent, who works a ton of hours and makes enough money to pay several hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars to get your get into a back door at "good" school- You have failed as a parent. Send your little shit head to community college and teach them a lesson.

For those of us (most of us, I hope) that did it the right way- Congrats. You are a better person for it.

Silver spoons, laziness and privilege that's how. When you never had to work hard you don't.

Brother and I where first in the family to graduate college and we didn't have any help, we saved, worked 20-40hr+ every semester and did all the side hustles we could find.

We worked for a property management firm and did maintenance and repairs in exchange for apartment near campus. Bought a couple used beat motorcycles and restored them so we had transportation. We thought the kids in the dorms and frats where living the life, rooms and meals provided for them. Booze no problem, they had plenty, parties back than ever weekend. We made our own meals and learned how to shop for fresh food and cook. Both our spouses probably cook less than we do even today.

Anyway, as parent I wanted to make sure my kids earned what they achieved by themselves, worked hard, and found the value of a dollar. We never did the allowance bit, one they where old enough to do laundry that became there responsible in middle school. Cooking and cleaning was similar although I did pay for them to attend cooking classes, seminars and some books, supplies, and stuff.

6 college grads later, 2 doctors, a PhD, and junior heath student, freshman in progress and things have turned out pretty good for us but even so all 7 of our kids between the two of us have good jobs and work including the two still in college. Can't wait to see what the future brings.

Maybe I've missed something but I still don't understand how the UCLA women's soccer coach got off and didn't find herself in a pot of hot water.

Plead ignorance, blamed the men's coach for setting her up or something like that.

She claimed she didn't have any "direct" involvement in the ghost player(s) that end up on her preseason roster or something alone those lines.

Silver spoons, laziness and privilege that's how. When you never had to work hard you don't.

Brother and I where first in the family to graduate college and we didn't have any help, we saved, worked 20-40hr+ every semester and did all the side hustles we could find.

We worked for a property management firm and did maintenance and repairs in exchange for apartment near campus. Bought a couple used beat motorcycles and restored them so we had transportation. We thought the kids in the dorms and frats where living the life, rooms and meals provided for them. Booze no problem, they had plenty, parties back than ever weekend. We made our own meals and learned how to shop for fresh food and cook. Both our spouses probably cook less than we do even today.

Anyway, as parent I wanted to make sure my kids earned what they achieved by themselves, worked hard, and found the value of a dollar. We never did the allowance bit, one they where old enough to do laundry that became there responsible in middle school. Cooking and cleaning was similar although I did pay for them to attend cooking classes, seminars and some books, supplies, and stuff.

6 college grads later, 2 doctors, a PhD, and junior heath student, freshman in progress and things have turned out pretty good for us but even so all 7 of our kids between the two of us have good jobs and work including the two still in college. Can't wait to see what the future brings.
Amazing parenting bro and i mean that 100%. Great job :) I had a best friend in college that did a Newspaper route for the OC Register all four years. The guys called him, "paper boy." No days off either. Dude got up at 3am every morning, even if he was up late doing homework or just hanging with the fellas. He always got up and I thought he was nuts.

Maybe I've missed something but I still don't understand how the UCLA women's soccer coach got off and didn't find herself in a pot of hot water.
My adopted mom's first blood son went to UCLA and was All American. My mom went to USC as did her hubby. All they did was fight over who is best. Every single year. I wonder what she would say today? He hubby was a top lawyer who would never, ever tolerant this kind of "pay to be on the team BS" all so one can brag about kid their being a stud student/athlete at big time U. Paying for a spot sounds not right. However, I see if it's out in the open it could help pay for the sports teams that don't make money at the ticket booth. I said this before. Have 20 A+ players on the roster and then have 20 C+ and B+ who pay for a spot on practice squad. $50,000 for each spot. Have the D1 team of players and the coaches share in the loot. The girls are busting their tails off and sacrifice their time and their bodies and cash is King and sharing is the Queen. Put the cash in the pot and share is my motto and do it out in the open. The sailing coach thought this was how the schools raised money. This is not what sports are about, right?

My adopted mom's first blood son went to UCLA and was All American. My mom went to USC as did her hubby. All they did was fight over who is best. Every single year. I wonder what she would say today? He hubby was a top lawyer who would never, ever tolerant this kind of "pay to be on the team BS" all so one can brag about kid their being a stud student/athlete at big time U. Paying for a spot sounds not right. However, I see if it's out in the open it could help pay for the sports teams that don't make money at the ticket booth. I said this before. Have 20 A+ players on the roster and then have 20 C+ and B+ who pay for a spot on practice squad. $50,000 for each spot. Have the D1 team of players and the coaches share in the loot. The girls are busting their tails off and sacrifice their time and their bodies and cash is King and sharing is the Queen. Put the cash in the pot and share is my motto and do it out in the open. The sailing coach thought this was how the schools raised money. This is not what sports are about, right?
Sounds great. Now make that an official program + watch how many real A+ players will jump at the chance to play for USC (or whoever) at all levels.

No matter how you try to justify the scam for every undeserving player that gets a position theres another player that if forced to play in a JC that could have been at USC.

Plead ignorance, blamed the men's coach for setting her up or something like that.

She claimed she didn't have any "direct" involvement in the ghost player(s) that end up on her preseason roster or something alone those lines.
Yet the player was even on the website roster as a midfielder. Someone suggested UCLA should have been required to play her as a midfielder at least 50% of every game. I think that would have been a good lesson for everyone involved.

Yet the player was even on the website roster as a midfielder. Someone suggested UCLA should have been required to play her as a midfielder at least 50% of every game. I think that would have been a good lesson for everyone involved.
The "player" was in the team picture, listed on the team roster, yet somehow AC has no culpability. I'm still trying to figure out how that works.

The "player" was in the team picture, listed on the team roster, yet somehow AC has no culpability. I'm still trying to figure out how that works.

Claimed she wasn't compensated or took any money so looking the other way apparently is ok with UCLA.

Ethnics well in college sports those boundaries seem to differ depending on how well teams/programs are doing or something?

Back