College Entrance Scam includes former Yale Women's Soccer Coach

And Wall St is the "bad guy"...touche

Here's the list of parents...anyone here make the list?

Gregory Abbott
Marcia Abbott
Gamal Abdelaziz
Diane Blake
Todd Blake
Jane Buckingham
Gordon Caplan
Michael Center
I-Hsin Chen
Amy Colburn
Gregory Colburn
Robert Flaxman
Mossimo Giannulli
Elizabeth Henríquez
Manuel Henríquez
Douglas, Hodge
Felicity Huffman
Augustin Huneeus Jr
Bruce Isackson
Davina Isackson
Michelle Janavs
Elisabeth Kimmel
Marjorie Klapper
Lori Loughlin
Toby MacFarlane
William McGlashan
Marci Palatella Peter
Jan Santorio
Stephen Semprevivo
Devin Sloane
John Wilson
Homayoun Zadeh
Robert Zangrillo

The public shaming of these kids--on campus and on social media--will be relentless. Parents better be prepared to pony up just as much cash for psychological counseling.

Amanda is in it too at UCLA. She knowingly put a kid on her roster who salcedo got admitted. The kid has never played soccer. Even if she never got paid for it and thought she was doing Jorge a favor that stinks. It’s her job to know who is on her roster. How many girls who live and die soccer would die to make that roster and just be on the team but were never given the time of day by the staff?

This just stinks all over the place. We constantly tell our kids to weather the storm of daddy ball of club soccer because eventually merit wins out. Just such a bummer to hear that the coaches and admins at schools WHOSE CAREERS ARE BASED ON MERIT are the ones doing this.

That is a pretty serious allegation. Perhaps MAP can chime in on it.

Gfchnik I am not sure I understand your post. To make the player profiles the Ringleader hired a person to craft fake player profiles. This person would create a fictitious player profile and would add a fictitious action photo of the applicant. The parent would send a headshot of their kid and this person would photoshop the applicant's face onto the action photo of a real athlete.
Isackson’s picture is on the 2017 UCLA roster. That would be a bit much if the girl did not know about it.

Yes that’s what I was asking, was that also photoshopped.

I understand the point you are making now thanks. In the complaint not all the kids seemed to know. As I posted before I think some knew, some did not, and some got a version of the truth that was not totally accurate.

I understand the point you are making now thanks. In the complaint not all the kids seemed to know. As I posted before I think some knew, some did not, and some got a version of the truth that was not totally accurate.
Also, it is strange they went through the trouble of adding her to the team page, but then left a ton of clues she wasn't a proper team member:

1. All players run through #28, and then she is added at the end as #41.
2. Only player not in the team picture
3. In profile picture, wearing a different Under Armor jersey then all the other players
4. Her about the player description has one sentence, while the rest of the players have paragraphs.

Also, it is strange they went through the trouble of adding her to the team page, but then left a ton of clues she wasn't a proper team member:

3. In profile picture, wearing a different Under Armor jersey then all the other players
4. Her about the player description has one sentence, while the rest of the players have paragraphs.

I always thought that UCLA and other schools (UNC) kept large rosters for Title IX reasons. I didn't suspect this.

This just stinks. Sorry to say this, as it impacts current players and verbal commits/recruits who do not deserve to be penalized, but if it is found they fraudulently included her on the roster and assisted in her admission, the UCLA Women's coaching staff should be fired.

Every school proven to be involved, including UCLA and USC, is at risk to lose a large number of future scholarships in these sports. Institutions have been held similarly accountable by the NCAA when they failed to provide oversight, and unknowingly boosters and agents were compensating players or their families. This is no better, and perhaps even worse, since it directly involves coaches and admissions staff.

Make of that what you may, it is a risk.

Her folks are on another level - her high school boarding school,
Woodside Priory: annual tuition + room = $70k

This just stinks. Sorry to say this, as it impacts current players and verbal commits/recruits who do not deserve to be penalized, but if it is found they fraudulently included her on the roster and assisted in her admission, the UCLA Women's coaching staff should be fired.

Every school proven to be involved, including UCLA and USC, is at risk to lose a large number of future scholarships in these sports. Institutions have been held similarly accountable by the NCAA when they failed to provide oversight, and unknowingly boosters and agents were compensating players or their families. This is no better, and perhaps even worse, since it directly involves coaches and admissions staff.

Make of that what you may, it is a risk.

Based on the vast discrepancy in ability of a few UCLA recruits, I'm guessing this is not the only player. Seriously, how can a program recruit 6 five star studs every year and then some kid that isn't coordinated to put their own pants on?

Didn’t UCLA get into trouble for this a long time ago? Using special admit slots to get certain kids in? I vaguely remember something like this. Maybe softball? Or soccer? Anyone remember?

Does anyone know the internal process for a university to admit a kid for sports and then get added to the roster? Could an AD do that without a coach’s knowledge? I can imagine an AD could get someone admitted but not put on a roster? The coaches would have to know right?

And Wall St is the "bad guy"...touche

Here's the list of parents...anyone here make the list?

Gregory Abbott
Marcia Abbott
Gamal Abdelaziz
Diane Blake
Todd Blake
Jane Buckingham
Gordon Caplan
Michael Center
I-Hsin Chen
Amy Colburn
Gregory Colburn
Robert Flaxman
Mossimo Giannulli
Elizabeth Henríquez
Manuel Henríquez
Douglas, Hodge
Felicity Huffman
Augustin Huneeus Jr
Bruce Isackson
Davina Isackson
Michelle Janavs
Elisabeth Kimmel
Marjorie Klapper
Lori Loughlin
Toby MacFarlane
William McGlashan
Marci Palatella Peter
Jan Santorio
Stephen Semprevivo
Devin Sloane
John Wilson
Homayoun Zadeh
Robert Zangrillo

The public shaming of these kids--on campus and on social media--will be relentless. Parents better be prepared to pony up just as much cash for psychological counseling.

Nah brah, we too po to make the list :)

Her bio says "honorable mention". If that's not a red flag at UCLA, I'm not sure what is. That said, I've seen many high profile football programs take a 3-star QB because he graduated Magna Cum Laude and it's not a secret he's there to boost team GPA. Did they do anything wrong... assuming that's the case?

Back