Coast Soccer 2020 Division Brackets

the number of teams in each division is much less than what it has been. To give the total of divisions in each age does not show the decreases, those stats are a bit deceiving.

the number of teams in each division is much less than what it has been. To give the total of divisions in each age does not show the decreases, those stats are a bit deceiving.

^^^ This. I went through those brackets and it's astonishing how much we've lost. Not that I think a season is going to happen this year anyways, but applaud CSL for at least putting in the effort. SCDSL looks like they're taking their sweet time as always.

i hate to say,, and sorry to inform,,, But there are a few teams on the boys side, that are listed that i personally know that are collapsed. In fact, i know an 2 entire clubs that have totally collapsed. what is sad, is that the teams were league champions. I have no idea why they are listed still.

i hate to say,, and sorry to inform,,, But there are a few teams on the boys side, that are listed that i personally know that are collapsed. In fact, i know an 2 entire clubs that have totally collapsed. what is sad, is that the teams were league champions. I have no idea why they are listed still.
I heard today that one of the Westside clubs has collapsed (and they've disappeared from the CSL website). Nobody wants to see teams/clubs folding but the reality of the current situation is that we will probably see more of this before CSL actually gets underway. I'm sure Bernie and the guys at CSL are pulling their hair out trying to keep up and maintain bracketing.

I heard today that one of the Westside clubs has collapsed (and they've disappeared from the CSL website). Nobody wants to see teams/clubs folding but the reality of the current situation is that we will probably see more of this before CSL actually gets underway. I'm sure Bernie and the guys at CSL are pulling their hair out trying to keep up and maintain bracketing.

Time to merge with SCDSL. I recall when my dd's 7 year old age team had to travel to San Diego and Temecula for Flight 3 SCDSL games. We had to travel more for her team than my boys 14 year old flight 1 team. LOL

If you're thinking of the Westside club that plays under two different names, they reappeared on the CSL website, so perhaps that was just a glitch.

If you're thinking of the Westside club that plays under two different names, they reappeared on the CSL website, so perhaps that was just a glitch.
Haha no, the club you are referring to are not a ‘small’ club so they are not in any danger. I know the guys there; they wouldn’t let it collapse.

I was referring to WP who seem to have disappeared from the site and parents were talking about the club folding. In the current circumstances, this is going to happen to more smaller clubs in the coming months.

Haha no, the club you are referring to are not a ‘small’ club so they are not in any danger. I know the guys there; they wouldn’t let it collapse.

I was referring to WP who seem to have disappeared from the site and parents were talking about the club folding. In the current circumstances, this is going to happen to more smaller clubs in the coming months.
Ahh. Got it. You hadn’t used the “small club” qualifier in your original post and when I checked the other club I was referring to had actually disappeared from CSL as well for a few days. I remember when WP started as AFC. Great job with youngers, but they always had trouble keeping them as they grew older.

Ahh. Got it. You hadn’t used the “small club” qualifier in your original post and when I checked the other club I was referring to had actually disappeared from CSL as well for a few days. I remember when WP started as AFC. Great job with youngers, but they always had trouble keeping them as they grew older.
My bad, thought I had! If it’s true, I feel sorry for WP and the coaches. It’s tough for everyone right now but for smaller clubs especially so; we’ve had quite a few players join from WP/AFC in recent years and it did seem that the transition from younger to older teams was an issue there, not sure why.

CSL just postponed start of season to mid-November. Only surprise is why they didn't - like SCDSL - accept things as they are and postpone to January.

CSL just postponed start of season to mid-November. Only surprise is why they didn't - like SCDSL - accept things as they are and postpone to January.

Did they send an email or something? They have nothing in their page.

Maybe the idea behind it if CSL can actually start this year, they can get teams from SCDSL move back to CSL to play?

121562392_3533602226695900_1516728882883098696_o.jpg

Hope for the best planning but at least CSL acknowledges playing a league + high school at the same time isn't advised.

Back