Coast Soccer 2020 Division Brackets

Might deserve its own topic - but I see a few changes in SCDSL
BYSC Corona (coast prior)
CA Rush (coast prior?)
Capo FC (coast prior, i think?)
Albion North (presidio?)
Albion Temecula (presidio?)
CA Athletic (is this a name change from another group?)

CSL looks decimated from what it was last year. Wonder where all those players went or are going with clubs that don't seem to have those teams any more or exist at all.

CSL looks decimated from what it was last year. Wonder where all those players went or are going with clubs that don't seem to have those teams any more or exist at all.
I have a feeling SCDSL will show the same thing whenever they publish teams.

I have a feeling SCDSL will show the same thing whenever they publish teams.
I know a few coast teams that merged with SCDSL teams due to losing players. BYSC was going to have a couple teams demoted so they jumped ship. I know of a Presidio team that moved to CSL.

Anyone know where Tudela is playing?

Might deserve its own topic - but I see a few changes in SCDSL
BYSC Corona (coast prior)
CA Rush (coast prior?)
Capo FC (coast prior, i think?)
Albion North (presidio?)
Albion Temecula (presidio?)
CA Athletic (is this a name change from another group?)
I might be wrong here, but wasn't SCDSL formed by the big DA clubs due to conflicts between DA rules and CSL rules? So, now that DA is dead, what the heck is the reason for two leagues. Get everyone back together. Makes no sense to me.

I might be wrong here, but wasn't SCDSL formed by the big DA clubs due to conflicts between DA rules and CSL rules? So, now that DA is dead, what the heck is the reason for two leagues. Get everyone back together. Makes no sense to me.
Facts were spoken!! Unfortunately SCDSL will forever stay until it has 5 versions of Flight 1 and no more Flight 2 & 3.

SCDSL was formed way back at the time that ECNL started- it started with about 7 or 8 clubs and that was all- they were the elite teams/clubs at the time. Today it is a bunch of ridiculousness with 20-40 teams in 3 different flights

SCDSL was formed way back at the time that ECNL started- it started with about 7 or 8 clubs and that was all- they were the elite teams/clubs at the time. Today it is a bunch of ridiculousness with 20-40 teams in 3 different flights
Yes but the reason why there’s flight 3-2-1-champion-discovery is due to greed and entitlement. Clubs make money with more tiers. Parents believe their kids are entitled to get their player to keep moving up every year to a higher flight. We all share the blame for the mess of having 3 leagues in SoCal.

I may be wrong but didn’t they announce couple months back for coast younger will play one week then the following week the older would play ? So now game 1&2 in week one for younger then following week the older play game 1&2 right. Let’s face it we all want the season to start but it won’t. I say they will push it to Jan8 2021

Yes but the reason why there’s flight 3-2-1-champion-discovery is due to greed and entitlement. Clubs make money with more tiers. Parents believe their kids are entitled to get their player to keep moving up every year to a higher flight. We all share the blame for the mess of having 3 leagues in SoCal.
Now I'm really lost, how do I go to the water cooler on Monday (if that ever happens again), and tell all of my co-workers how incredible my flight 3.5 kid is and how the DA (former) club really sees big things for him/her if we keep with the program?

Now I'm really lost, how do I go to the water cooler on Monday (if that ever happens again), and tell all of my co-workers how incredible my flight 3.5 kid is and how the DA (former) club really sees big things for him/her if we keep with the program?

these days having coworkers (and a water cooler) to go to is already a privilege, so I would consider that a good start.

I know a few coast teams that merged with SCDSL teams due to losing players. BYSC was going to have a couple teams demoted so they jumped ship. I know of a Presidio team that moved to CSL.

Anyone know where Tudela is playing?
After much consideration, we decided to sit out the fall season. With training still limited (and, according to Cal South's Return to Play Protocol, still optional), asking our teams to start playing competitive games in October didn't make sense to us from either a soccer or a public health perspective.

This wasn't an easy choice: our kids and coaches want to play. But as we all try to work out what "best practice" means these days, we feel it was the right choice for us. The folks at Coast were incredible, as they always have been, and they understand our decision. We look forward to putting teams in some tournaments when it feels appropriate, and we'll be back in league play next year.

After much consideration, we decided to sit out the fall season. With training still limited (and, according to Cal South's Return to Play Protocol, still optional), asking our teams to start playing competitive games in October didn't make sense to us from either a soccer or a public health perspective.

This wasn't an easy choice: our kids and coaches want to play. But as we all try to work out what "best practice" means these days, we feel it was the right choice for us. The folks at Coast were incredible, as they always have been, and they understand our decision. We look forward to putting teams in some tournaments when it feels appropriate, and we'll be back in league play next year.
question: how will you handle players fees?

Back