Coaching Cal North GA team AND Norcal team? Is that against the rules or not?

Is it considered appropriate for a coach of a NorCal team to also coach for a Cal North's Girls Academy team? This coach isn't technically listed on the roster. He has a "dummy" coach set up for him instead but he is the coach on all the pics on instagram. He is recruiting girls and saying it's ok to go to the GA team because it is Cal North not Nor Cal. Curious to your thoughts please?

It's not against the rules. It's 2 different organizations, therefore there are no conflicts. For some smaller (non-letter) clubs, it's about survival.

Par for the course. This is just a way to circumvent the rules and have a bigger role and coach in competing leagues. I really don't think NorCal has any issue with a coach being invloved in GA and NPL and GA doesn't care either as they are just getting their platform off the ground. Coaches have, would or will recruit players from other leagues without any repercussion. This is what some coaches would do when they would leave one club and go to another. They would just jump ship to the next club and flip between the leagues and then be able to keep their whole team intact.

It could also be a club that is trying to offer what people want. Some want the travel and the showcases. Some don’t. So, if a club has enough decent players to fill out two teams, offering both options is just good business.

It could also be a club that is trying to offer what people want. Some want the travel and the showcases. Some don’t. So, if a club has enough decent players to fill out two teams, offering both options is just good business.

I think you're assuming these teams are with the same club. I've seen a ton of "independent" teams associated with CalNorth so that a coach can recruit players and build super teams. I suspect NorCal doesn't like this. Most of the coaches I see doing this are doing it to build their own brand so they can build up their training business and charge more per hour. I mean, I get it. It's tough to make a living as a full time soccer coach, but it's clearly being done to circumvent NorCal recruiting rules.

People need to stop with these rules. They’re all fake and can’t be upheld. It’s just a way to control the money supply. These clubs need to stop with the power greed. Who cares. There are no rules. Parents pay for the product. They can choose. If a coaches 4 clubs. Who cares.

People need to stop with these rules. They’re all fake and can’t be upheld. It’s just a way to control the money supply. These clubs need to stop with the power greed. Who cares. There are no rules. Parents pay for the product. They can choose. If a coaches 4 clubs. Who cares.

This is 100% right.

In my experience, the parents who complain about youth soccer coaches changing clubs, or "recruiting", or running academies, or providing private training, are the parents who don't want to pay what youth soccer costs and are paranoid that the kids of those who do will gain an advantage over their own child and will leave their kid behind for a better club.

This is 100% right.

In my experience, the parents who complain about youth soccer coaches changing clubs, or "recruiting", or running academies, or providing private training, are the parents who don't want to pay what youth soccer costs and are paranoid that the kids of those who do will gain an advantage over their own child and will leave their kid behind for a better club.
Hey Coach EOTL ((scary that this avatar is a coach)), why did you make fun of my dd and her father back in the day and even threaten her with threats? You told me to STFU or else as well. You ruined soccer with your lies and cheating,

Not trying to challenge you here, but I'm curious how you think things should work? I can see legitimate reasons for many of the rules that have nothing to do with money. Players can choose any club they want, they just need to commit for a season. That said, I have yet to see a player blocked if they want to move mid-season. Just need DoC approvals. In our area coaches are permitted to coach for multiple clubs. I know some coaches that coach for 3 clubs at the same time, but all clubs are in the know and on the same page.

Not trying to challenge you here, but I'm curious how you think things should work? I can see legitimate reasons for many of the rules that have nothing to do with money. Players can choose any club they want, they just need to commit for a season. That said, I have yet to see a player blocked if they want to move mid-season. Just need DoC approvals. In our area coaches are permitted to coach for multiple clubs. I know some coaches that coach for 3 clubs at the same time, but all clubs are in the know and on the same page.
Because DOC approvals are ways to pressure you to not leave. Some directors say no. “Wait till after our season” why? You’re gonna throw off the budget. Simple Or then you’re an outcast because you’re unhappy. Then you have a “reputation”
Just let it be.
Player requests a transfer that should be the end of it. pay what you owe or have the club seek a collection agency.
These fake rules and “permissions” just create hostility between club. Directors. Coaches. Parents.
it’s all fake. If You directly ask USclub to release you. They release you in 3 days. They have to legally. NorCal has nothing to say. But they threaten people. Why? So they don’t lose your
Monthly dues. All fake rules. Players aren’t under contract. There’s no transfer fee. All fake and created by “boards”. Fake.
Look at Juventus a few years ago. Had a “board” the next day a few new people decided they were the “board”. Last I was told that board was skimping money off player uniforms. Not producing budgets or receipts. More board members left. A mess. Again all fake power and people just go along with it because , who has the time? Nobody.

My opinion is it's not easy to make it as a coach in Northern California given the cost of living around here. If a coach is doing a good job, fine if they coach at more than one coach or in different leagues.

My opinion is it's not easy to make it as a coach in Northern California given the cost of living around here. If a coach is doing a good job, fine if they coach at more than one coach or in different leagues.
Exactly. An Uber driver can also work for Lyft. A plumber can have other jobs.
Again- this idea of using parents and kids as objects. Then hide behind rules from the league they support and play in

Back