Coach tossed - 2008 National Cup Semi-Final.

Same old behavior, nothing new, just new players and new families that are allowing their daughters to be lead by this type of male role model. This is like selling out your DD to get some trinkets to wear around your neck. At what cost to your DD?

I’ve heard plenty of stories about this coach. He went off on my brother in law when my niece decided to go with another club. He was rude and said that it was the biggest mistake that’s my brother in law was making. He said a lot of rude things because he couldn’t get my niece to commit to his team. My niece is now going to UCLA with a soccer scholarship.

My point on this is the following, parents if your child is that good and has amazing talents, pick a coach for his values and not just his record.

I don’t understand why parents put up with coaches like this guy. Stop rewarding bad behavior and put an end to these Axxholes

I have personally witnessed some of this bad behavior and would never in a heart beat put up with an adult man speaking to my teenage or pre-teen daughter like he does at times. We will soon hear from parent defenders that he is great and has done wonderful things for his daughter but for me - never.

Greg Baker is a fraud. He can act this way because it’s youth soccer and parents can be clueless. If he was a college coach he would get eaten alive. 2008 isn’t even 11v11 hahaha what a fool.

Same old behavior, nothing new, just new players and new families that are allowing their daughters to be lead by this type of male role model. This is like selling out your DD to get some trinkets to wear around your neck. At what cost to your DD?
These same people will wonder why a girl or women stays in an abusive relationship. They hear most of their lives, "suck it up", don't be a snowflake, it will make you stronger". Someone once compared what happens when a player is repeatedly verbally attacked to a nail be hammered into a fence. Even when the nail is removed from the fence it leaves a hole. You can put wood putty in it but the scar will remain. If enough nails are hammered into the fence over the years the fence will eventually crack and crumble.

A lot of parents need perspective, what they see in this guy is a lot of red flags but he has won! But I feel like since he doesn't have his super teams that never lost a game he will be way worse. I feel like he is trying to build the exact same teams as his olders. I don't think it will work and he will become extremely frustrated and I see him doing something really bad. Why would a parent put their kid in that kind of environment, we want to raise girls to become strong women and believe that they can do whatever they set their mind to but parents are also allowing this guy scream at them when they make a mistake. They tell their child just ignore it or "you probably deserved it because you did something wrong". I think a lot of these parents will learn that what they are allowing to happen can affect the child in other areas of their life, especially since he coaches these girls at a very vulnerable age. I really hope he learns to cool it because I think he could be one of the best coaches in socal if he wasn't such a.....well you all know what he is.

I’ve heard plenty of stories about this coach. He went off on my brother in law when my niece decided to go with another club. He was rude and said that it was the biggest mistake that’s my brother in law was making. He said a lot of rude things because he couldn’t get my niece to commit to his team. My niece is now going to UCLA with a soccer scholarship.

My point on this is the following, parents if your child is that good and has amazing talents, pick a coach for his values and not just his record.

I don’t understand why parents put up with coaches like this guy. Stop rewarding bad behavior and put an end to these Axxholes
Very well said.

I'm sure with every win it just reinforces his bad behavior and with every win it provides further justification for the players' parents to condone his behavior.

Back