Coach tossed - 2008 National Cup Semi-Final.

If he is such a bad guy why would a Catholic Institution like JSerra keep him as coach?
Jserra fired a GREAT coach. Google Marty Dugard there was a great article in the OC Register about his firing. Within 24 hours of being dumped by JSerra he was picked up by SM. He asked questions and challenged the school. and they didn't like it. OUT. I wouldn't assume they keep coaches for all the right reasons. We know 2 great athletes that went there that left after a year because of the coaching staff.

anyone know the story? Was he chirping all game and the ref got fed up? Was it 2 yellows?
Was there a big blow up that caused him to lose his cool?
Was the ref out of line and pulled the trigger too soon?
Was he swearing uncontrollably at 11 year old girls?

I heard he got tossed because someone suggested his team should connect 3 passes and he blew a gasket. (Fact check. I didn’t really but it would have done the job)

I heard the team is not going to regionals and there are players leaving already... Anyone else?
According to this thread this coach only cares about winning so why would he not take his team to regionals? Is that not the point of winning National cup? If they don’t go who represents Cal South?

I wasn’t there, but talked to people who were. Here’s the answers I’m getting, granted it’s second-hand knowledge.
1. It was a very quick, probably underserved red, but with his reputation I don’t think anyone is blaming the ref.
2. Only a couple players leaving and quite a few coming in. They will still be the team to beat in Cal South next year.
3. They are undecided on whether or not they want to play in regionals. I have no idea why, sounds crazy not to go.

Ps. I don’t know how many on the current team have been there all 4 years, but 4 straight state championships is unbelievable. Whatever you think of the current coach, congrats to the girls.

I wasn’t there, but talked to people who were. Here’s the answers I’m getting, granted it’s second-hand knowledge.
1. It was a very quick, probably underserved red, but with his reputation I don’t think anyone is blaming the ref.
2. Only a couple players leaving and quite a few coming in. They will still be the team to beat in Cal South next year.
3. They are undecided on whether or not they want to play in regionals. I have no idea why, sounds crazy not to go.

Ps. I don’t know how many on the current team have been there all 4 years, but 4 straight state championships is unbelievable. Whatever you think of the current coach, congrats to the girls.

Where is regionals this year?

2020-2021 Season Multiple Choice Quiz Game
@SoccerFan6 can you get second hand knowledge for me on what SC Blues will do next season. Lot's of us looking for the next shoe to drop one way or the other. Thanks bro :)

A. All In DA with two teams
B. All In ECNL with two teams
C. Status Quo (One for you and one for you)
D. Lose both and join CSL
E. Sell

2020-2021 Season Multiple Choice Quiz Game
@SoccerFan6 can you get second hand knowledge for me on what SC Blues will do next season. Lot's of us looking for the next shoe to drop one way or the other. Thanks bro :)

A. All In DA with two teams
B. All In ECNL with two teams
C. Status Quo (One for you and one for you)
D. Lose both and join CSL
E. Sell
Makes Zero sense for 1 Club to have 2 DA teams, won’t happen unless US Soccer gets behind DPL so you would have one DA and one DPL team. Also, very unlikely.

Thought there was a referee shortage. Parents were told to stfu and not berate the officials anymore because how are we going to attract young people to reffing? F’n double standard!

Back