Coach tossed - 2008 National Cup Semi-Final.

The management at Blues must know about coach Baker's behavior. They are in effect actually condoning it.
The management at Blues must know about coach Baker's behavior. They are in effect actually condoning it. Fixed it for you. :p

It amazing what clubs and parents will tolerate from an abusive coach if their winning.

Well his Jserra team with ALOT of scholarship players, including two to Stanford couldn't win in State, CIF or his own league. Seems like ALL his success (club and HS) came from that one girl that went to Santa Clara.

With the Catholic Church's recent issues with abusing young people, you might think they would be a little more careful about their image.

2nd funniest joke of the day.

Espola, I apologize for having fun at the expense of your post. No harm attended, and I agree with you...rationale people would expect them to be more careful about their image given the circumstances. However, that isn't even close to how they have handled the abuse issue and an abusive soccer coach is probably the least of their problems.

2nd funniest joke of the day.

Espola, I apologize for having fun at the expense of your post. No harm attended, and I agree with you...rationale people would expect them to be more careful about their image given the circumstances. However, that isn't even close to how they have handled the abuse issue and an abusive soccer coach is probably the least of their problems.
Yes, I'd say their biggest problem is that 80s artificial turf tournaments are played on...

Has anyone started the PPA yet? Teams should just boycott this behavior towards girls all together. Not good folks. GB has talent and if he's willing, maybe he can seek help and fix all the screaming and yelling. He could come back a changed man and coach. Is that in the realm of possibility? Snoop dog the rapper got with his mama and he became Snoopy in a second. That's freaking amazing and that also shows how awesome all of our mamas are. I told you my mom had for cubs herself and then adopted 8 strays, which I was the youngest. Look how were treating girls in soccer? Maybe this is a time to pause and reflect and hit reset? We all need a second chance everyday. For those who have the extra time and extra funds for golf every week, it's called a mulligan for some of you who cheat in Golf and lie about your 84 when in reality, it was most likely a 98. That's the truth right there.

Last edited:
anyone know the story? Was he chirping all game and the ref got fed up? Was it 2 yellows?
Was there a big blow up that caused him to lose his cool?
Was the ref out of line and pulled the trigger too soon?
Was he swearing uncontrollably at 11 year old girls?

These same people will wonder why a girl or women stays in an abusive relationship. They hear most of their lives, "suck it up", don't be a snowflake, it will make you stronger". Someone once compared what happens when a player is repeatedly verbally attacked to a nail be hammered into a fence. Even when the nail is removed from the fence it leaves a hole. You can put wood putty in it but the scar will remain. If enough nails are hammered into the fence over the years the fence will eventually crack and crumble.
agree. I have a 14yo with a colorful coach as you describe. I wonder if its true with the new law potentially making coaches employees if this will force clubs to take action on these types of coaches. At some point the clubs will have some liability.

Back