Coach Movement and 2018 Assignments

Not sure Toumi would be welcome back at sharks.

While we are on the topic of speculating why coaches are leaving.... Rumor is that some surf coaches are leaving and will be replaced by former surf coaches?

Tis the season for team and coach shakeups
Former Surf coaches? That would be funny if Steveo came back and replaced PD seeing how great his second chance at Surf has worked out.

I call BS. You don't have a clue who followed any of the CSC coaches and thus have no idea whether it worked out. Having known plenty of CSC families going back to the Howie days, I don't know one family that regreted following their coach whether it was to Freeflow, Rebels, Surf, Sharks etc. Not that CSC wasn't good, they just could not hang on to some great coaches. And if I am not mistaken there were some Toumi groups on this site that followed him to Sharks and could not say enough positive things about him.
Toumi is/was an Amazing coach and he was given too much responsibility and not enough support.. he truly is a professor of the game and we are beyond sad. Curious where his next move is? Does anyone know? Also what happened with Tony?

I have a player that plays for Albion. While the DOC may want you to be committed to the club no matter who the coach is, ultimately the coaching assignment is the most important factor for me as a parent.

I completely agree with you. That's why you have to keep your options open with other clubs, you don't want it to be too late by the time Albion discloses who the coaches will be. This annual charade and the club's "coach doesn't matter" mentality were a couple of the reasons we left the club. Best of luck to you.

Toumi is/was an Amazing coach and he was given too much responsibility and not enough support.. he truly is a professor of the game and we are beyond sad. Curious where his next move is? Does anyone know? Also what happened with Tony?
GPS possibly? Local, developmental philosophy and less pressure/stress situation would be good for Toumi. I'm not sure what happened with Tony.

What do you mean by this? Just curious.
Responding to @chargers post that he heard former Surf coaches are coming in to replace current coaches. We all know Steveo's and PD's history so I was being sarcastic that they would replace one bad apple with another one.

There is much more interesting news than anything to do with Toumi. Everyone needs to sniff around a tad more...happy hunting !

There is much more interesting news than anything to do with Toumi. Everyone needs to sniff around a tad more...happy hunting !
Not much sniffing needed when all the clues are given. Hearing things third hand I hold it as gossip thou and don't want to put it on a public forum. Maybe someone closer?

Not much sniffing needed when all the clues are given. Hearing things third hand I hold it as gossip thou and don't want to put it on a public forum. Maybe someone closer?

If everything involving surf was discussed openly on this forum, the site would have to be shut down again. But in regards to a coaching shakeup, I will believe it when I see it, although it sounds like at least three of us here have heard the same thing through most likely different sources.

If everything involving surf was discussed openly on this forum, the site would have to be shut down again. But in regards to a coaching shakeup, I will believe it when I see it, although it sounds like at least three of us here have heard the same thing through most likely different sources.
What I find interesting is that at least for the last 5ish years, most of the drama has been in this one age group (although coaches coach more than one age this age is always involved). Wonder if it has anything to do with leadership?

Oh come on...or make up of certain teams. We have a very nice high percentage of coaches kids and relatives in our age group, board members kids, famous people kids, people "who play professionally" lol, people "who know people at US Soccer ( Ie threaten at every turn)
Due to the bad behavior that has been identified we frequently get coaches who are either hard nosed or pushovers. Nothing in between.
Agree whole heartedly with you on this.

So to the few of you that seem to know, or claim to know, more then the rest of us chiming in here; are you saying that there is a bigger story from Albion, and the rumors (or truths?) about Tony Scheri’s departure/release OR the rumors going on at Surf and the knucklehead boys club that has formed there and what changes may be coming? :) thanks

This thread was started by someone who thought they knew something of substance. They don't. Toumi is not a story.
Maybe they should spend their time more focused on the bigger stories at hand?

The issue is at this point a rumor is a rumor. The probability is high but it's still not official.
I am pretty amazed that Toumi and Scheri would consume anyone's attention or time which is why I haven't commented until now. Everyone needs to start checking in with your real contacts and stop this hand wringing over silliness.

Also of note who cares? Two major ECNL clubs changed their coaches after tryouts the last two years due to parents complaining. So does anyone actually believe that announcements of coaching assignments means anything? Really????

Most people are interested in things that will affect them and/or their children and where they play or intend to play. Your comments make sense but why do others need to think so broadly and be so interested in “the bigger story” if it has no relation to them. If someone is interested in what happened with Toumi and Scheri they must have a tie to them or to Albion and maybe their kid even played for one of them. If they did, they got the email that went out by their club and don’t need to be phishing here. On the flip side why would anyone give 2 s#*ts about any of that if their ties are to Surf or another club? These forums are gossip and rumor ridden anyway, and we are all curious in one way or another for our own reasons. And some are more enlightened then others!

In San Diego we have a lack of qualified and top level coaches. There are a handful. What they do impacts the city and team make up. They control that aspect as they should since there are so few of them.
No one who is affiliated with Albion would question Toumi or anything else as it has been explained thoroughly.
There are three DA, one solid ECNL. Cue the violins of crying parents. What those coaches choose to do affects all of us no matter what club our daughter plays at if your daughter intends to play at a high level. If you have no intention of being a part of any of these teams and your intent is to smear or malign another human being then I believe someone should stand up.

In San Diego we have a lack of qualified and top level coaches. There are a handful. What they do impacts the city and team make up. They control that aspect as they should since there are so few of them.
There are three DA, one solid ECNL. Cue the violins of crying parents. What those coaches choose to do affects all of us no matter what club our daughter plays at if your daughter intends to play at a high level.

And who might these "qualified" coaches be? Enlighten us simple parents, please.

Back