Club soccer stuff that drive you nuts...

When managers or coaches go on social media recruiting for or looking for scrimmages for 'high level' flight 3.
I can't think of a bigger oxymoron.

When parents sit on the wrong half of the field. I swear...most of them do it to be confrontational.

Refs who fail to card the younger players for egregious penalties. These kids are a lot more savvy than these refs give them credit for.

When managers or coaches go on social media recruiting for or looking for scrimmages for 'high level' flight 3.
I can't think of a bigger oxymoron.

When parents sit on the wrong half of the field. I swear...most of them do it to be confrontational.

Refs who fail to card the younger players for egregious penalties. These kids are a lot more savvy than these refs give them credit for.
parents on soccer forum worry about someone else or paying attention to things they shouldn't.

I never realized there was some rule about where you sit during the game. I go where I want, I'm not trying to be confrontational I'm just trying to see my daughter('s) play from a better perspective defensive or offensive. I guess it would be a problem if I was screaming at the kids but I'm pretty much silent just cheering my girl on. Didn't realize there was some "DMZ/neutral zone" at half field where we weren't supposed to cross under penalty of ... My thinking as long as I'm not obstructing a parent's view when I do it, I'm good.

I never realized there was some rule about where you sit during the game. I go where I want, I'm not trying to be confrontational I'm just trying to see my daughter('s) play from a better perspective defensive or offensive. I guess it would be a problem if I was screaming at the kids but I'm pretty much silent just cheering my girl on. Didn't realize there was some "DMZ/neutral zone" at half field where we weren't supposed to cross under penalty of ... My thinking as long as I'm not obstructing a parent's view when I do it, I'm good.

I normally like sitting with my team parents, but last weekend we were coming in right on time and did not want to miss anything so we sat in the nearest opening we found. AAAND it was next to my DD's position (right winger). We were kindly reminded by the ref that our side was on the opposite side of the field. BLAH! All we did was clap when she did well (scored and had an assist in the first 8-10 mins). Parents gave us a snear so we bounced (wife did not want any static). WHATEVER MAN! Dueces...

I normally like sitting with my team parents, but last weekend we were coming in right on time and did not want to miss anything so we sat in the nearest opening we found. AAAND it was next to my DD's position (right winger). We were kindly reminded by the ref that our side was on the opposite side of the field. BLAH! All we did was clap when she did well (scored and had an assist in the first 8-10 mins). Parents gave us a snear so we bounced (wife did not want any static). WHATEVER MAN! Dueces...
Cruzer, you sound like me when my goat was a baby goat. I got the worst sneer ever from LA mama bear and I ran over to the other side before ref told me to get my ass back to my side.

1620079449015.png

When parents argue a call with the center ref.
Guilty as charged, well kind of. I was turning over a new leaf this year until HSS started. I will say I was NOT arguing a call though. I was yelling at CR to make calls to warn ((yellow)) players who are playing rugby and ((red)) for those who refuse to stop playing rugby :)

Guilty as charged, well kind of. I was turning over a new leaf this year until HSS started. I will say I was NOT arguing a call though. I was yelling at CR to make calls to warn ((yellow)) players who are playing rugby and ((red)) for those who refuse to stop playing rugby :)

I am assuming the coach said nothing? I would be irate, too. But I would give the coach a chance to protect his players. If not, I will.

Yeah, that is the rule. It’s lame when both sets of parents ate civilized. But it helps when there are jerks on either side.

Or club tryouts when the season isn't quite over yet...

Coach's nightmare -- you have already had tryouts and decided which players you are going to keep. The next weekend the team gets eliminated from National Cup. After the after-game team meeting, you have to hold 2 or 3 players back to tell them they are being cut.

Coach's nightmare -- you have already had tryouts and decided which players you are going to keep. The next weekend the team gets eliminated from National Cup. After the after-game team meeting, you have to hold 2 or 3 players back to tell them they are being cut.

That indeed is a nightmare! So many nightmare scenarios for everyone during tryouts.

Coaches cutting kids after the season. Those parents are completely blindsided because they didn't try out anywhere else.

Players went to tryouts at other clubs, leave club after the season and coach is blindsided.

I know it all works out in the end.

Parents: There will always be a club for your child.
Coaches: There will always be another player for your team.

That indeed is a nightmare! So many nightmare scenarios for everyone during tryouts.

Coaches cutting kids after the season. Those parents are completely blindsided because they didn't try out anywhere else.

Players went to tryouts at other clubs, leave club after the season and coach is blindsided.

I know it all works out in the end.

Parents: There will always be a club for your child.
Coaches: There will always be another player for your team.

In a perfect world the coach would give the kids he is cutting a heads up so they can start trying out. I hate this time of year as I wait to see the fate of my kiddo for the next season. Most of the time I wish we never started down this path.

Back