Club soccer stuff that drive you nuts...

Dude, I know you are being condescending. My kids are starters. Go try to put down someone else.
Sounds like someone doesn’t like it when broad assumptions are made about them. You know, like:

I have said this before and i’ll say it again. Slammers parents are the trashiest parents. Any slammers denomination.

I know I certainly don’t like it.

Sounds like someone doesn’t like it when broad assumptions are made about them. You know, like:

I know I certainly don’t like it.
Ya bro, I can go back and find some trash from a few on here about my kid. Losers I tell you. The names EJ was called was so sad. I went back and I'm shocked at the things some did to me on here.

Dude, I know you are being condescending. My kids are starters. Go try to put down someone else.
You mean like you putting every slammers parent down? I know some great slammers families.
Why bring up this broad statement and then get your but hurt when I say that maybe your kids need to play in another team to get more minutes.
If you can’t take the heat then don’t make broad statements.

Fill in the blank club parent are.....

I dunno if I prescribe to that but the kids are the one playing.... the game speaks for its self... sidelines commentary not really needed unless it's just cheering or encouragement

If only parents would stick to cheering and encouragement...

I actually sit by myself a lot because:
1. Parental coaching from the sidelines.
2. Parents getting into arguments with the ref/other parents/the coach
3. Parents mumbling about wanting more playing time for their kid and I don’t want to hear it. Obviously, the coach made their decision as to why your child only gets the minutes they get.

I'm so woke now. I was blind but now I see :) Let's all take a step back and be honest with ourselves. The last 14 months has been so hard on the kids. Let's put generalities like, "everyone, always, never and the like" in the tool box. Let's put our differences behind us and stop throwing our trash at each other. We all can get a little trashy, right? Now I will say it's good to let all your trash out and throw it away once & for all, just don;t throw your dirty diapers at us, ok? It might be time for a purging of sorts though and I am super down with that. I have to admit I had problems with "some" TMs in the past. I will never say "all TMs are." I think if MIX switches a word here and there we can understand his pain. Others on here need to get honest and then we can engage. I actually have a two dads who are big dudes who have already challenged me to a dual or have warned me not only to turn my cheek, but to turn around and not come towards him if I see him at Silver Lakes. This is gnarly dad control sport guys and that sucks, MOO!!! P.S. I am super down to come up with a beer summit with ALL the dads so we can be nice to each other and put all this crap behind us so the kids can play without all this drama from the parents.

If only parents would stick to cheering and encouragement...

I actually sit by myself a lot because:
1. Parental coaching from the sidelines.
2. Parents getting into arguments with the ref/other parents/the coach
3. Parents mumbling about wanting more playing time for their kid and I don’t want to hear it. Obviously, the coach made their decision as to why your child only gets the minutes they get.
This is one area my dear family has asked me to change and to be super honest, I have failed to live up to what I know I can better. I told them I will 100% beginning at tonights CIF game :) I love second chances. Tonight is the night and I will make that change. I love this song btw. We all need to make that change. I mean it. I will stop engaging the refs and SMFM and just sit back and enjoy the match. Thanks 100% for this.

Are you just giving that guy a hard time or did you actually cross over to the dark side? Something must have gone seriously wrong for you to make that jump.
You know I didn’t. Their comment was disparaging to an entire group of people. It was a question that required a moments thought. Because they don’t know what club I am with. Therefore required a re-think.

Back when we got started in the weekly club soccer experience, there was one dad who would bring a thick book and sit quietly in a folding chair in the sun. He read his book and more or less ignored the games, even when his son was on the ball.

We needed more like him.

I have said this before and i’ll say it again. Slammers parents are the trashiest parents. Any slammers denomination. Witnessed this once again this past weekend.
There are *&#hole parents at every club and this sounds like you are just trying to stir the pot. I do however have a humorous Slammers parents story. Long ago at Surf Turkey, the parking lots were a muddy mess. One of DD's teammates was with her father in their Prius. Dad had just gotten in and was in the process of closing his door when a car with a Slammers sticker in the rear window hit his driver's side door from behind and opened it all the way to the front fender and then stopped. Dad could not get out of the car since the Slammers car was in the way, so his very petite (relevant to the story) DD got out of the car on the passenger side to talk to the other driver. Before she could take more than a few steps, the other driver sped away. The other driver later told the police that he felt intimidated and unsafe, so he drove all the way home to wherever he was from. While this particular player is great player and a force to be reckoned with on the field, most would not call her intimidating off the field.

There are *&#hole parents at every club. I do however have a humorous Slammers parents story. Long ago at Surf Turkey, the parking lots were a muddy mess. One of DD's teammates was with her father in their Prius. Dad had just gotten in and was in the process of closing his door when a car with a Slammers sticker in the rear window hit his driver's side door from behind and opened it all the way to the front fender and then stopped. Dad could not get out of the car since the Slammers car was in the way, so his very petite (relevant to the story) DD got out of the car on the passenger side to talk to the other driver. The other driver then sped away. The other driver later told the police that he felt intimidated and unsafe, so he drove all the way home to wherever he was from. While this particular player is great player and a force to be reckoned with on the field, most would not call her intimidating off the field.
Funny I think I know what player. If so, not intimidating at all.

Back to the original question - What drives you nuts...
This Spring in particular- Cramming a spring season in, then going right into tryouts and then everyone scrambling to play a tournament by memorial day weekend.
The ONLY people this is good for is those that make money from youth soccer. Your kids need a break.

Some great anecdotes in this thread.

Lets be honest, how many things about Club soccer that drive us nuts are self inflicted by us parents? I don't condone some of the crap pulled by DOC's, Clubs and Coaches, particularly the lack of communication and any concept of customer service, but we mostly have ourselves to blame for the problems...of course, some more than others.

Best of luck on everyone's soccer journey, enjoy it, and let's do our best to have a little sense of humor about it.

There are *&#hole parents at every club and this sounds like you are just trying to stir the pot. I do however have a humorous Slammers parents story. Long ago at Surf Turkey, the parking lots were a muddy mess. One of DD's teammates was with her father in their Prius. Dad had just gotten in and was in the process of closing his door when a car with a Slammers sticker in the rear window hit his driver's side door from behind and opened it all the way to the front fender and then stopped. Dad could not get out of the car since the Slammers car was in the way, so his very petite (relevant to the story) DD got out of the car on the passenger side to talk to the other driver. Before she could take more than a few steps, the other driver sped away. The other driver later told the police that he felt intimidated and unsafe, so he drove all the way home to wherever he was from. While this particular player is great player and a force to be reckoned with on the field, most would not call her intimidating off the field.
Good example. If you had said "Guess what club this person's kid belong to..." and then tell the story. My very first guess would've been "Slammers".

I'm sorry some of you are getting their panties in a bunch, and I'm sure there are great Slammer families (even nicer people than me); but my experience in 4 years has been that, 100% of the times there's a Slammers team in the field (and I don't mean playing against my kids team, they could be on the field right next), there's some kind of drama caused by a or a group of slammers parents. This past weekend I witness one more episode.

I'm sorry some of you are getting their panties in a bunch, and I'm sure there are great Slammer families (even nicer people than me); but my experience in 4 years has been that, 100% of the times there's a Slammers team in the field (and I don't mean playing against my kids team, they could be on the field right next), there's some kind of drama caused by a or a group of slammers parents. This past weekend I witness one more episode.
With the Slammers expansion over the years would you say this applies to Slammers "Proper" or the affiliates?

Good example. If you had said "Guess what club this person's kid belong to..." and then tell the story. My very first guess would've been "Slammers".

It would help if you are specific on the team age or coach. Nobody wants to join a team with a bunch of crazies.

It would help if you are specific on the team age or coach. Nobody wants to join a team with a bunch of crazies.
This is right here is the take of the year. I think were all nuts and any club team is full of crazies parents. Now, crazy people can change and I am 100% an example of someone who was crazy sucker parent but now I'm just chill soccer parent. I learned my lesson :)

Before joining a team, you should anonymously watch at least one game from the other sideline if possible.
Excellent sage advice Outside :) I will be sitting with my wife with tape over my mouth and taking in the last year of 12 years of club soccer if you see me next year :)

Back