Club soccer stuff that drive you nuts...

Parents that get butthurt when your kid leaves a team.
But also, parents that leave teams in alliances so you lose 2-5 players at once right before tournament season or when they tell other parents they are considering leaving to create great drama and be begged to stay.

I have no problem with players deciding to move clubs, just do it with integrity.

But also, parents that leave teams in alliances so you lose 2-5 players at once right before tournament season or when they tell other parents they are considering leaving to create great drama and be begged to stay.

I have no problem with players deciding to move clubs, just do it with integrity.
Look out for what is best for your player, no one else will. We never talked to anyone about whether or not we were looking at other clubs. Don't lie, but shop around all you want. When you have made a decision, inform the coach.

Our youngest son has had some what he thought was close friends abruptly leave teams just right before some major Tournaments, postseason, etc.

When he found out by surprised after they don't show he of course reached out to them. Every time the player wanted to stay but the parents where not happy about something so they pulled there player.

He had one teammate that missed the first 5 games of state cup with the "flu" showed up in the knockout round one game by surprised. Coach didn't play him since he hadn't been to practice and the parents where really upset. He sees them talking to the opposing coach after the game so he talks to him the next day. His parents want him to join that team and not return but he wants to go back to practice.

In the end it was parents that over ruled the player, he was never happy with that other team even tough they did well. They hung out after there last HS rival game and where laughing about everything but both commented how more fun it could have been if they could have played together more. That player ended up bouncing around on a few teams but never even qualifed for the post season, won Tournaments, etc but at least they are both moving on to play in college.

Nothing really bugged me about club, surprised yes but it was fun for the kids and they enjoyed the journeys and all the competition.

Lack of fulfilling commitments from players parents, coaches, directors is something that could be worked on but it's just a individual thing so not sure how to improve that?

Not in my town. But yes, it did get it's roots in the 70s. We all played A SO and it was awesome.

Hey I grew up in the OC in the 70's. I played on a club team out of Lake Forest in 1978. Our league was in Santa Ana and everything was in Spanish. Stopped playing a few years later and instead played Water Polo.

Hey I grew up in the OC in the 70's. I played on a club team out of Lake Forest in 1978. Our league was in Santa Ana and everything was in Spanish. Stopped playing a few years later and instead played Water Polo.
Ok ok, I was just testing to see because I played all sports bro. I had no time for full-time soccer soccer soccer soccer 4 days a week, 365 24/7. I played Little Legue too, Volleyball, Surf contests, flag football. I heard OC maybe had two clubs. My wife's father coached the likes of Jim Edmonds out of Diamond Bar. That dude was a super athlete and I heard was really good soccer baller. Lake Forest was awesome back in the day. It was truly a Forest. O'Neil Park was awesome :)

Ok ok, I was just testing to see because I played all sports bro. I had no time for full-time soccer soccer soccer soccer 4 days a week, 365 24/7. I played Little Legue too, Volleyball, Surf contests, flag football. I heard OC maybe had two clubs. My wife's father coached the likes of Jim Edmonds out of Diamond Bar. That dude was a super athlete and I heard was really good soccer baller. Lake Forest was awesome back in the day. It was truly a Forest. O'Neil Park was awesome :)
Hey Simi, did you roller skate out at the skate rink off Eo Toro?

Walked around the great park last night. Guess it was slammers tryouts. The huddled masses of whispering parents....the alliences - I'm leaving. You going to come with me? Who is leaving? Who is staying?
I have said this before and i’ll say it again. Slammers parents are the trashiest parents. Any slammers denomination. Witnessed this once again this past weekend.

I have one: Team admins gaining so much power with the coach (for some reason I can’t understand) and deciding which kids play more based on alliances, not on skills/performance.
That’s a Slammers issue or one that happens along any club? I’d have to say the latter.

I have one: Team admins gaining so much power with the coach (for some reason I can’t understand) and deciding which kids play more based on alliances, not on skills/performance.
Sounds like your kid needs a lower level flight to get more playing minutes. Any kid that is a questionable start means they are good but not great. Don’t let them set on the bench for top long or they will stop playing soccer.

Based on the ‘likes’ maybe that is a thing. Clear sign of a weak coach, unless it’s more perception than fact.

Sounds like your kid needs a lower level flight to get more playing minutes. Any kid that is a questionable start means they are good but not great. Don’t let them set on the bench for top long or they will stop playing soccer.
Dude, I know you are being condescending. My kids are starters. Go try to put down someone else.

Fill in the blank club parent are.....

I dunno if I prescribe to that but the kids are the one playing.... the game speaks for its self... sidelines commentary not really needed unless it's just cheering or encouragement

Back